Well Sup Forums? Are you smart enough?

Well Sup Forums? Are you smart enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/URcUvFIUIhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ
mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2016/08/31/what-is-6÷212-the-correct-answer-explained/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1, now fuck off. every degenerate knows pemdas

6/2 is 3

3(1+2)
1+2 is 3

3(3) is 9

and every autist here doesn't.

Pemdas gives you 9 you fucktard.

this.

never has trips been more wasted. jesus christ, man

3(3)=9

>6 times 2 is 12
>12 times 1 is 12
>12 times 2 is 24
>12+12+24=48
that was easy

Smart enough to not do your homework for you? Yes.

You don't distribute the two first dumbass

>American education
It's 1 you stupid fucks

nope. parentheses first (3), then multiplication(2×3=6), then division (6÷6=1).

please tell me you have public school as an excuse

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)

after you do the portion of the equation that is in parenthesis. seefor a step by step process

I'm American, and I have absolutely no excuse for these retards. I just hope there are enough of us to cancel them out. it's a big country

BIDMAS
= 9

calculator exists.... even if u cant reach one, its like 13 year old math level.

u all are really degenerate and stupid. especially op trying to whore attention.

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
6/6

You distribute the 2 against the parentheses before the division step.

Here you go cunts youtu.be/URcUvFIUIhQ

Why troll math? I don't understand this shit..

If you've taken algebra 1 and remember shit you complete items in same precedence left to right.

Distributing numbers against parentheses is definitely not a step in the order of operations.

6/2(1+2)
6/2(3)
3(3)

EZPZ. All other answers are wrong

Except thats wrong retard

It's nine faggots

Checked. Also. That doesn't even make sense. In order to put the entire "2(1+2)" in the denominator, on that fraction, you would need an extra set of parentheses around it.

Division needs to be done with multiplication in the order it is written. Fucking casual

Part of the first step actually. Function inside of the parentheses first then immediately outside. If the haven't fully cleared the parentheses, you're still on the P of PEDMAS.

This guy gets it. Welcome to math.

Yes.

6 x (1/2) x (1+2)
3 x (3)

PEMDAS is fuckin ridiculous. It's teaching kids that subtraction and addition are different, and multiplication and division are different.

lol public schools teach this...

But that's wrong. The calculator is considering "6/2" to be a fraction. Calculators do not follow the order of operations

why does bing say 9, but logic says 1...

That's because 6 divided by 2 is a fraction.

I'm more inclined to believe retards forget how to do math correctly.

6/2 is 6*(1/2)

same shit you dense idiot

But if you are thinking of 6 divided by 2 as a fraction you have to think of the (1+2) = 3 as 3/1

then 6/2 * 3/1 = 18/2 = 9/1 = 9

This is accurate.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS AN ARGUMENT? PEMDAS MOTHER FUCKERS THE ANSWER IS 9

It's not, just a bunch of trolls show up and start spewing nonsense to tick off people that actually know math. Meanwhile the vast majority of Sup Forums just ignores the thread.

[P][E][MD][AS] (left to right)
6/2(1+2)
[P]
6/2(3)
[MD] (left, D)
3(3)
[MD] (M)

That's not how fractions work
(6[over]2)*(1+2) does not equal ((2*(1+2))[over](6))
did it wrong

What I meant is that it isn't following the order of operations. If you look at the Google calculator part it calculates the equation as (6/2)×(1+2), which is what the other calculators are solving for, which also isn't the equation op asked us to solve. If it was done right, then the parenthesis would have been added up, then multiplied by 2, then divided by 6, which will leave you with 1

good god is this meme a joke or are you people actually seriously arguing about this?

I have a math degree and a physics phd. There isn't any correct answer to this without putting the parentheses somewhere to say what the expression means. This "PEMDAS" bs is the kind of crap they teach shitty teachers to teach kids, and it represents the downfall of critical thought. Jesus fucking christ, just put in some fucking parentheses and learn something cooler.

Google calculator has correctly parsed the input string. A lack of symbol between 2 and ( means it's actually 2*( - this is widely accepted, even among the trolls. So the equation OP posted is the same as 6 divide by 2 multiply by (1 add 2).

youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ fuck

6 / 2 ( 1 + 2 )
= 6 / 2 x 3
= 3 x 3
= 9

Distribute first you retards
6/2(1+2)
6/(2+4)
6/6

/thread

Again, distribute is not a step in the order of operations.

If you're gonna do it with fractions, do it correctly.

Ugh. What.

its parenthesis/exponents then multiplication/division then addition/subtraction, no priority in the 3 groups except maybe PE can't remembee

There are some either stupid fuckers here, or just people who have no life and looked up a ridiculous answer to some bullshit.

it's 9. Fug off

Can't tell if trolling or just American schooling

Lol, answer is 9 obviously.

AND THAT'S COMING FROM A PUBLICLY SCHOOLED LEAF MY NGGA !!!

Not American schooling. They don't teach that troll math here.

P and E are separate

Fastest way to piss people off over the internet.
Math and grammar.

Well done sir.

Aunt Sally is having a bad time

6 ÷ 2 x (1+2)
6 ÷ 2 x 3
3 x 3

That's why we must excuse her. Permanently.

Are you retarded

Time to retire this stupid shit

No priority in either except p and e. The answer is 9.

>It's not, just a bunch of trolls show up and start spewing nonsense to tick off people that actually know math.

Hahaha you wish.

No, this is a simple case of dumb faggots not knowing basic math. You think 50% of the people in this thread just decided to troll super hard in this topic? No. This kind of stubborn insistence is born of stupidity, not laffs.

mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2016/08/31/what-is-6÷212-the-correct-answer-explained/
PEMDAS dumb cunts

Actually, I think it's more like. 4 people show up and troll as hard as they can for an hour. Another 40 people show up, give the right answer, and leave.

It's true watches at $ 0?.

learn better idiots
youtube.com/watch?v=URcUvFIUIhQ

Parenthesis: (1+2)
>3
Multiplication/Division from left to right: 6/2
>3
=
>3(3)
>9

Learn math pls

All other answers are pic related

This

it equals deez nuts

google is solving a completely different fucking equation you degenerate

It's the same fucking thing you piece of shit

parentheses go first dude, that is the order of operation

9. Based on math rules you gotta solve parenthesis first and from left to right. So it would be 6÷2=3
3×(1+2)=9