Tfw all of your favorite bands got started in their late teens

>tfw all of your favorite bands got started in their late teens
>tfw 21 and will never achieve anything
>can't listen to said bands without feeling envious

Might as well just end it, OP.

I know some one whos 30 and still trying so stop being a bitch

i know guys who are in their 40s, never really made it and now teaching guitar is all they can do

just quit now op, you dont want to be like that

That's life OP

stop listening to kiddy shit then
a lot of composers and jazz artists only started getting into their prime until their late 30s

All the guys from Death Grips are well into their 30s

If you aren't at least intermediate at some sort of music related skill (producing, an instrument, singing, shit even DJing, NOT RAPPING) it is highly unlikely that you will do it at 21+.

At that age, people get lazier, stupider, start drinking and doing drugs and generally just slow their whole entire development roll. Most people, not all.

When we're young our neuroplasticity is at its best and we have a very regimented and disciplined lifestyle. Most people after getting out of school don't do anything but work, drink, and binge watch netflix. You could be an exception, but you're probably not if you're on Sup Forums and have that mentality.

I feel like I have the musical talent to do something interesting -- written a few songs I think are good, learned a few instruments and can sing -- but I have a hard time getting people to make music with. I'm mostly a loner NEET and sometimes I'll play with my family but they're generally not all that interested. I don't know how people get together to make bands. The stuff I see on craigslist is all 50+ usually.

Where you from user?

Southern New Hampshire, USA.

shit not him but I live in northern Mass. I was in southern NH just today. What town do you live in

Just start a band and achieve stuff you dumb nigger!

>tfw at the same age Ian Curtis was when he killed himself and haven't achieved anything musically

Zach Hill was musically active for over a decade before Death Grips though

Pink Floyd formed when Roger Waters was 22; Soundgarden formed when Kim Thayil was 24. You still have time, OP.

If you're setting out to make music to become famous you're already destined to suck.

Danny Brown started everything when he hit 30.

It's never too late to pick up a notebook and doodle or sketch out some ideas and see where it goes man.

Not him but I used to live in Leominster in north-central MA. Beautiful all year round if you ask me. I live closer to Boston now.

Kim Gordon was 28 when Sonic Youth formed
Debbie Harry was 29 when Blondie formed

>into their prime
>Jazz
You just made it much harder to achieve.

anyone you've listened to was produced by 30+ year olds

rammstein and the national started in their 30s or 20s

>fav artist started at 19
>second gig was sharing a stage with ajj
>everyone was singing along with them the entire time
>you will never achieve this level of success
I want to die

yh, crywank pretty much had it all laid out on a platter

you'll never make it if you're worrying about shit like this instead of the music itself desu

Leonard Cohen was 33 when he released his first album.

Quit complaining and make some music, faggot

>he bought into the neuroplasticity meme

topkek

desu it sounds like OP wants to be famous while hes young.

MIA was into her thirties before her debut

be the exception to the rule

People who become famous young usually piss it all away and ruin their careers before they can even take off.

Look at Tyler the Creator and all of Odd Future except Frank. They're all gonna go down as fucking clowns in the annals of history. I bet that keeps Tyler up at night.

I'm kind of glad I didn't publish any of the music I wrote in my teens, because honestly it was almost all garbage.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Just continue shitposting on Sup Forums, I'm sure that will help.

>odd future
>all pissing away success except Frank
>not mentioning Earl or Vince
It's like you don't have taste or something
If you don't care about being famous while young and really want to make music just start recording stuff. Go to local shows and try to connect with a scene to meet people. Hell, you might be able to find someone on Reddit if you truly feel you need other members. I would suggest making whatever you can that you're happy with solo and later see if you can attract people to your vision or find collaborations that would satisfy you. Just stop whining and start putting in work.
I'm low-key saying this to myself as well.

neither has done anything notable in years
vince makes boring hip hop for white high school potheads and earl stopped trying

nice try pleb

Vince is not and never was in OF.

I never really followed them that much so, I take the L on that one.

I saw Justice live yesterday and I got the same thought leaving the place, I'll never do anything like that, in music or not.

what are jazz musicians?

homos

is it better to write a record on my own kevin parker style and have some friends & i play it live or is having a band i might not be completely happy with a better idea

That's why it's nice to live in a country where 98% of the music is shit. I just have an exhuse that I wouldn't have a chance doing what I would have wanted to do. Musicians that you see are the 2% that made it. Media doesn't show you the rest.