Atheism and Liberalism

Why do so many atheists tend to be liberals?

atheists are servants of the devil because they do not know God, so they are liberals because the devil wants to destroy society and Christianity with immorality and such things

Because most conservatives act on their religious beliefs with their law-making/politics rather than keeping their religious beliefs separate from it.

Because atheism is hedonism by another name and liberalism is the manifestation of hedonism as a political doctrine.

Because atheism is apathy towards the ultimate question.

That apathy will bleed into other things of your life.

If God doesn't exist or it's just impossible to know then everyone is equally wrong/right. This means a Muslim is as right/wrong as a Christian.

Apathy in religion leads to apathy in culture and people.

All cultures are equally good/bad, African culture is equal to European culture, just as good/bad. No one is better than the other.

I knew 2 atheists very well, and both were very dedicated to communism. That being said, they also were into the Occupy whatever trend a few years back

>so many

They're pretty much all liberals. Atheism, other than just a personal view, is the original SJW crowd. Whining about imaginary violations to their identity. If a Christmas tree offends you, you're a SJW.

Atheists do the exact same thing, and that's okay because divorcing the questions "What is the nature of reality" (religion) and "What should we do?" (politics) is retarded anyway.

To me christianity is more hedonistic.

Under jesus, you can sin sin and rob and rape and steal and have degenerate sex all you want, but it doesn't matter since you can just accept Christ as your savior, go to heaven and be saved.

An atheist on the other hand, has only this life in mind, so he's more hesitant to act out, risking his life and livelihood and he must seek forgiveness not from a divine figure but from the people he wronged.

And christianity is pure communism:
“All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need” (Acts 2:44-45)

I never did understand how they could be offended by traditions they don't even believe.

Because both are essentially anti-cultural movements.

>I never went to Church but think I know things about Christianity.
Your repentance must be sincere. God can see through a lie like that.

Atheism is hedonism. Without a God to live for, you have only yourself to live for. That is the first step on the path to hedonism. I have never met a hedonist who was not an atheist as well.

Because who gives a fuck?

I'm a conservative atheist.

2/10 for making be reply to this bait

I'm an atheist conservative-leaning moderate. Empirically, the policies work better than the left.

You are the sort of degenerate that conservatism must strive against. I bet your a lolbertarian too.

Fuck off with the moral relativism. That shit has permeated every aspect of higher-level education, and nothing good has come of it.

Libertarians can fuck off. Explain how I'm degenerate please.

Because they see the right and the religious far right as one in the same.

Atheism is a Jewish political arm used to subvert European culture with it's Christian ties while under the guise of humanism introduces degenerate thinking.
>Christianity against homosexuality shows Christianity is barbaric
Really this is a two-pronged attack making Christianity appear backwards while promoting homosexuality.
Of course most atheists, most not all, are too proud to realize they're politicized and being misled.

Bullshit. I have a very strong sense of my background and culture. And frankly am tired of the influx of foreigners and decay of law and order in this country.

Grew up Catholic, dipshit.

I'm now UU.

And who's to say you aren't lying? If you genuinely believe in Christ and genuinely believe you'll be saved, you will be.

this

>Christianity
cuck cult

Atheism inherently encourages degeneracy by removing the fear of eternal fire and removing the church from their regular lives, which itself serves as a sort of "School of Life" for the average person.

Atheism may well be correct in fact, but society is better off with religion regardless of whether or not it is actually true.

>Under jesus, you can sin sin and rob and rape and steal and have degenerate sex all you want, but it doesn't matter since you can just accept Christ as your savior, go to heaven and be saved.

The damage Protestants and their batshit theology have done to humanity is incalculable.

Then how is that hedonism? Living with the intent to be saved will most probably lead to hellfire.

Why do so many liberals tend to be atheists, you mean? It's because the conservative right tends to be religious.

>you will know them by their fruits

How hard is it?

What sets the standards of morality? How can morality even be objective?

Well the bible is FULL of liberal minded people being smitted. Fire and sulfur raining from the sky, and since they think they bible is fake, they just brand it "homophobic" since it was "written by men"

Because conservative politicians have been busy demonizing nonreligion and riding the religious right's dick for votes.

Because atheism requires introspection and a certain intellectual incline.
Having faith in a god is the baseline for most of the world. So an emergent atheists have to question their own norms and views, especially those passed down from their parents and teachers.
Such mindsets are commonly associated with intellect, which makes atheist more likely to go to university.

Which would be completely fine if this were still 50 years ago. As any Sup Forumstard knows, modern day universities and their student bodies have heavily shifted to the left. Adopting dubious theories on topics as race, gender, videogames or literature.

It's unfortunate that the mindset that made early atheists reject a faith does not lead them to reject these new theories as well.

Well, that's not true. It's mostly the new generation of university atheists that is drinking this cool aid. The old guard, Dawkins and others, reject illogical SJW theories just as strongly as other religious theories.

In my opinion what happened was a cultural shift. Religious believes were pushed back through the sound, logical arguments of the early atheists, which made the next generation grow up with atheism or at the very least indifference to religion as their norm,
This means that now young atheists fresh from university did not come to their atheism by actively rejecting parental believes. Thus they're also no more likely to reject leftism than any other person.

Yep, you are one of the cucks who will be bred out by Ahmed the Inbred.

Your attitude to culture is unprecidented in its cuckness. You willingly admit that MUSLIM """""CULTURE""""" is the as good as THE FREE WEST when one is built on a thousand years of science and progress and the other is built on the writings of an insane terrorist pedophile from the 7th century.

This.

I also want to remind everyone how bias the media and everything/one really is. Liberals (even the senseful ones) legitimately believe that conservatives are bad people. My parents were democrats and never talked much politics but from everything else while growing up I believed democrats/liberals were good people who fight for equality while conservatives are seen as religious and restricting others' rights for the simple fact it was against their religion and couldn't "live and let live". It wasn't even until college I finally saw liberals as the scum they are (although I do retain some liberal stances on social issues). People automatically believe you are a bad person if you are a republican, even if you are moderate. They are brainwashed. I don't want to necessary say it's Bush Jr.'s fault but this sort of mindset really started taking off during his terms.

>and a certain intellectual incline.

The emotional intensity of most atheists regarding their beliefs speak otherwise, likewise the absolute belief that no spiritual world or deity exists without proof itself is anti-intellectual.

Because for a lot of us our Atheism is partly borne out of a desire for freedom. Meaning classical liberalism. Which is NOT any of this SJW bullshit.

I'm a proper liberal, which sadly means that nowadays Sup Forums is where I need to come find some sanity. Shit.

>believing that life was meant for more than just blazing your way through it on the straight and narrow most efficient money making path and that as a species we are only as strong as our weakest member, making us all naturally obligated to each other
>hedonism

liberals tend to be gay
bible hates gays
so liberals tend to become atheists

Because liberalism is the dominant group think so everyone are usually liberals dumbass.
If it wasn't for abortion and fag marriage most Christians would be liberals too
Now fuck off

Brazil knows what's up.

Okay? All I'm concerned about is the strengthening of the nation that I live in, and the current policies we have going do NOT promote a stronger nation.

I could go on, but I'll shorthand this by saying MAGA.

>And christianity is pure communism:
>"All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need” (Acts 2:44-45)
This is charity, not communism.

Communism would be the state taking your stuff and giving it to the poor. Christianity is you wanting to provide for the poor yourself.

Im moreso conservative, even though im atheist

It gives them a false since of superiority.

Wasn't Jeffery Dhamer an atheist? Didn't he become an atheist because he didn't like being told what he should do with his life?

>I want the freedom to be a hypocrite

>t. Christian

That guy is full of shit. He thinks humans can't be good without being threated to death, therefore he assumes everyone is inherently evil. Don't listen to batshit crazy religious zealots.

I grew up in Georgia and I was taught that if you did bad things, forgiveness didn't mean anything unless you:

>meant it, truly.
and
>changed your life IMMEDIATELY

I was taught that people who sin during the week, and ask for forgiveness on Sunday, are going to hell, because they are basically mocking God. I was told that following the Bible wasn't the secret to "winning" at life; it was just being a good person, acknowledging that God, sin, Heaven, and Hell exist, and trying to be conscious of those elements during your decision-making.

Yeah I know, I've been arguing these subjects for longer than I'd like to admit. I don't see the point in debating them so I just let them say that.

The Amazing Atheist is a conservative, afaik. Also he had some sort of wacky sexual misadventure with a banana. Way to go! I'm so proud of you, TAA! Fuck off.

Liberalism is actually good, for whites, who make up most of the atheist community in the US.

THIS THIS THIS

People who say "we would be good without religion, people are naturally good" are full of shit. If tomorrow we woke up in a world where there was no religion, and never had been any, I guarantee hardcore drug use and STD's would be so rampant you couldn't go a block without seeing a junkie shooting up, while having sex with another junkie, and both of them are swapping diseases.

Humans, when sunken into a state of incessant "instant gratification" style thinking, are prone to doing fucking disgusting things. Research Babylon and Sodom and Gomorrah.

>pic is info cartoon in Swedish pools to try (meekly) to stop the Rapeaggedon

>The Amazing Atheist is a conservative

Based on what? He's pro-guns and anti-feminist, other than that, he's as liberal as they come.

>emotional intensity
Are we talking about old school atheists or the new SJW atheists?

>absolute belief that no spiritual world or deity exists without proof itself is anti-intellectual
No atheist is expressing such an absolute belief. Even so, not believing baseless claims is not anti-intellectual. Especially when the other side does the very same for any deity but their own.

Anyway, the topic of this thread is only really valid in American society. I'd argue that there exists a strong conservative, atheist presence in most European countries.
Very few people in Europe take their religion serious on more than a feel-good level. Atheism in Europe has no enemys left to fight. Unless Islam grows very fast, all that's left from religious influence in Europe are privileges and laws left over from earlier centuries. (Yes, agreements signed in the Napoleonic era still regulate some parts).

Probably among the low-IQ groups. They will be superfluous soon anyway, who really cares about them?

I don't know but the direct connection with atheism and liberalism is largely the reason I'm agnostic now, used to be full fedora'd atheist in the past.

Because we'll never achieve freedom until last king is hanged on intestines of the last priest.

>"People without religion would do degenerate stuff"
>uses make-believe stories found in a religious book as case study

In recent decades conservatives highly tied themselves to religion, where else do you think Atheists were going to end up? Which is really shitty because there are tons of Atheists out there with conservative views who have been driven away by the heavy emphasis on religion in conservative circles. Its taking extreme modern feminism and other SJW ilk to make many realize that they aren't actually leftists.

How about this: religion does nothing for us because people are naturally evil and selfish and nothing can stop it. We've had religion for thousands of years, and the raping and the killing never ends. What good is it, then?

Because they is gay

Because Atheism is the supression of the truth that God had revealed to them, through there suppression, they have a world view that leads to absurdity

People are naturally good to their in-group though. Their selfish genes will make it so.

Also I hope this is bait because that sure ain't swedish lol

Everyone knows God exists Romans 1:-18-22

Conservative Libertarian Atheist here

It's because it's hip and trendy and atheists are just as likely to be retarded liberals as anyone else

People aren't naturally good or evil, but certain races, cultures, and general areas of the world excel at churning out evil people.

Everyone knows God exists, they just hate him in their sinful nature

>Selfish Gene
>Richard Dawkins

>largely the reason I'm agnostic now

I hope you're smart enough to know Agnosticism isn't a middle-man/mutually-exclusive and you, basically, admit to being an intellectual-coward due to the left usurping Atheism.

You equate atheism with "instant gratification" style thinking. But there have been lots of hedonistic and deeply religious societys.

There are also lots of societys that are not hedonistic with a very low belief in deitys. Japan or several European countries for example.

Also, that pic is from Germany.

>If tomorrow we woke up in a world where there was no religion, and never had been any, I guarantee hardcore drug use
clearly never taken a drug, drugs cause mystical experience and mystical experience precedes all organised religion, the two are inseparable, what you are saying is like saying imagine waking up tomorrow and finding white without black, or solid without space

you are literally clueless

I'm an atheist and a hard core conservative

right wing atheist reporting in. yeah, I gotta admit that most atheists are stupid leftists desu.

This. I'm exactly the same way, nothing annoys me more than fedora tipping cucked atheists.

And you know that to be true?

I would seriously like to reconnect with my local Catholic church, but I know it won't work out. I'm married to a dude and no matter what, I'm not going to accept that the bond I built with him is wrong. I don't know if I could really feel like God is real, anyway. Sometimes I watch them go to Mass from my place. Sometimes I even hang out in the gardens late in the day. Look at the statue of Mary and Christ and the beautiful stained glass murals, and I just feel a gulf that I can't bridge.

no idea, user....

Catholicism teaches a false doctrine, and you know God exists,

>Why do so many atheists tend to be liberals?

Because cuckservatives couldn't get over their jew worship for a second to cater to them in an apporpriate fashion.

>Jewish war god
>truth

this is why you're fucking cucks

Wew lad
Rousseau would tell you to fuck off.

>truth
>revealed

Time for another ride on the carousel? :^)

Jews are not Going to heaven unless they repent and put their trust in God.
Most of them reject Jesus, and if they dont repent they will not escape judgement.

I'm a catholic, a new catholic, and pretty much everything i've learned about in Catholicism is that Catholicism is Peace, Love, and helping your fellow man. People can Kissesfeet.jpg all they want, but what brought me to the church to begin with was that it wasn't hellfire and brimstone. it was love.

Give it a go, user. The worst they can say is "no." And you won't feel God, if you don't look for him. Even if they say No, your heart will guide you to God.

>allowing jews to repent
>not cucked

Atheists throw out all morality in order to achieve a sort of new order in which they, deep down, believe will bring them pussy because everyone under their lack of norms would be a degenerate whore. They're generally bottom of the barrel types who know they have neither the willpower nor the genetic predispositions to become Chad.

98% are disgusting people that only want to bring everyone else down, just like women and nogs.

t. atheist

Conservatism is deeply intertwined with religion. It stands to argue that most religious people will lean right. This is why we have poor hillbillies voting conservative, even when their economic policies aren't in these peoples best interest. Religion trumps everything in the end. They vote for the guy who mentions god the most.

Liberal atheist like in the OP are contradictory cancers. These people are gay and women equality yet they defend the teachings of Islam and stand with Muslims rights to live by sharia law. These are the people beheading atheist, killing all gays, and treating women like cow shit.

Makes zero sense.

You know that God exists, but you love your sinful nature to accept that, all im going to tell you to do is to get on your knees and beg for forgiveness and put your trust in Christ, if your heart is to hardened to do that then talking to you will be useless

You are mudshit. White people are born with moral compass, ability to differenciate right from wrong.
Thats what sets white people apart from a monkey like you which needs god to tell it what is right and what is wrong

Special Snowflakism
>i'm oppressed
>i'm also smart

All you need to know. Just suckers for Jewish Tricks.

>You know that God exists

Which one? How do I know that?

Catholicism teaches a doctrine that goes against scripture, please read your bible, Ephesians 2:8-10
Galations 1:6-10. your religion wont save you, only Jesus can

Romans 1:18-22

But islam is the only religion to say no to premarital marriage, showing your sexual body parts, etc. Don't talk about morals to islam, you know that islam is like the very moraled.

You should thank your fellow evangelicals for fucking over conservative politics in the US. You pretty much ruined your own reputation by putting so much focus on dumb bullshit like worrying about fags and abortion that you push away a lot of people who actually care about immigration, economics, etc.

God changes their heart.

Whatever homie, Catholics say the same thing about Protestants. I'm American but the ritual and history of the Church makes it seem like the right way to go. I'm not going to have a religious experience at a Baptist Church service, I'm sure.
That's what I want. I guess that it really doesn't matter to me if God is real. I want that sense of divine purpose. Universal love and forgiveness. I loved the doctrine of Christ when I was young, but the American obsession with biblical literalism and petty shit like homosexuality drove me away. Back then I was obsessed with what was true or not. That doesn't seem to matter as much to me. I've drowned in relativism and gotten more and more paranoid and cynical. I want to be able to really love strangers again, and I feel like the Catholics at least get that. Am I rambling?

>implying this isn't 98% of all humans

t. Human

That doesn't answer my questions.