Pray let us indulge in a random images bread

Pray let us indulge in a random images bread

I'll begin

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab&v=kjBOesZCoqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice save. And someone needs to make that seals face into a reaction image

If one of these had to happen to you, which do you choose?

That's pretty neat

>kek

what a horrible way to die

Thank you

Kek

come on now, this is the most basic one yet, who doesnt know this?

Thanks, man. This is actually pretty damn fucking useful.

what is it?

Anyone have more if these?

A visualization of some of the most common linear transformations (basically what a matrix does to a vector). If you're interested, this guy has a great series of short videos on the topic that start from scratch and provide great visualization:
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab&v=kjBOesZCoqc

i sort of know what a matrix is (ive forgotten matrix manipulation, or at least the little i didnt, only basic sum of two and figuring out missing things). but how does a vector and a matrix even work together?

thanks lori

Are you familiar with functions in general?

Like say, y = f(x) = sin(x)

or y = f(x) = x^2?

Well, I matrix is actually a function, except instead of taking in x as an input, it takes in vectors, and instead of spitting out y, the output is a new vector

How do you address me, user? It's Lori.

Kek

Thanks Lori!

yeah i know those, i dropped out of the best math pathway after year 11. how does it maintain direction when taking in vectors?

bike chain

The simplest example is the identity matrix as in pic related. It takes in a vector (in this case, a length 3 vector) and the spits out that same vector. It's sort of analogous to the function f(x) = x.

kek!

Interesting question. I assume you mean, how does it keep the vectors in the same direction after you apply it? Well in most cases it does not; the vector is pointing in an entirely different direction. But most matrices (iirc) have a set of special vectors that still point in the same direction after applying the matrix, called the matrix's eigen vectors. I'll see if I have an image illustrating this

i sort of see it, but why would each axis need 3 rows (or columns since this example is a bit ambiguous)

Kek

Good point, this is the identity matrix for length-3 vectors. The identity for length-2 would have only two rows and columns with ones along the diagonal and zeros elsewhere.

Sup Forums, a place for both higher learning and degeneracy all in one stop

elephants have big vaginas

Its hip to fuck bees

nevar 4get

When you have seen an image more than twice, it's not random anymore.

do you suppose the mooses had anything to do with the fire?

that lady has huge labia!