Why are june bugs so fucking retarded?

why are june bugs so fucking retarded?
they fly into walls over and over again until they fall down and die

wtf nature, how has this dumb ass insect survived for so long.

and where the hell do they go when its not june?

The successful strategy of insects has been simple organisms in huge amounts for millions of years.

It doesn't matter.

They survive because they reproduce a lot like most insects do to survive

When winter comes they burrow ~3ft into the ground and hibernate

Riding on motorcycle, one of those fuckers flew into my mouth at 45 mph. Almost killed me.

>When winter comes they burrow ~3ft into the ground and hibernate

holy shit.

if i dig can i find them? will they wake up?

kek

wear a bandana.

Theres no walls in nature dude

I'm no entymologist, but that surely looks like a European chafer (Amphimallon majale). Are you in North America? Then it's an invasive species.
You are supposed to have ten-lined June beetle. Look it up on Wikipedia.

i just googled june bug dude.
and yeah im in south texas usa

If you can find them. But be warned, people have been trying to figure out where they go for years and never found them. If you find out, you will be rich

are walls not a product of nature?

This OP. Why do you have to be autistic

i have a new found will to live.

i will find them and become billionaire.

thanks user

I always wondered if these things were attacking me or just plain stupid

i googled my question and learned they just fly towards light like most insects and when they fly in your hair its because u where just in their path.

They're just plain stupid, and durable.

They are the reincarnation of potato.

theyre like little flying tanks.
but with no guns

wait, do june bugs bite or sting?

june bug hate thread?
where the spicy june bug memes at?

June bugs xD

Hundreds of these things gather on the inside of my screened in back porch. There's no way (at least I think, and others have agreed) that these fucks can even get in, but they do, every year. Quite literally hundreds of them. It's pretty spooky/cool

Not at all. They just smash into you.
An interesting thing about them, though:
since bats really like to eat them, they've evolved so that when they sense the echolocation of bats, it bypasses their brains, and just goes traight to the wings, making them drop to the ground. Thus it happens too fast for the bats to catch them - is the idea. A contributing factor to them being so durable.

*straight, of course.

They're strong fliers but have little directional control which means they kinda fling themselves around. They look like they have a stinger (atleast the european chafer does) but it's not. They can bite but you probably wouldn't feel much.

is there grass in the screened in area?

damn son. so theyve evolved to just drop from the sky and hit the ground? pretty interesting. dont know why tho. it makes me think of them as less stupid a bit

perhaps i shouldnt be so quick to judge creatures i dont understand.

what about gnats tho? those fuckers must solely exist to fly in peoples faces and ears.

No. It's a 2 level porch, the bottom level isn't screened in, but then you go up stairs and open a screen door and there's a top level that's screened in and connected to the house. It's weird too cuz I've even left the back door open on accident and the fucks don't even try and come in. They just crawl on the screen walls and eventually die. Never see their carcasses though. It's spooky, probably some sort of mating thing.

bugs are fucking aliens. that's why we don't empathise or love them at all.

post pics when they accumulate.

I have always thought this. Especially moths. Fuck moths

I will user. It'll be in a few days. I don't know the exact date but I would bet it's the same day every year

Well, I don't know much about gnats, but I don't think knowledge would redeem them.
I know that they saw into you and slurp the blood, rather than doing what a mosquito does.

Nature is awful
We have these things, and I absolutely despise them

>I know that they saw into you and slurp the blood, rather than doing what a mosquito does.

thats terrifying.
thanks user

>engineering and science
>stock market shenanigans
>cancer research
>organized crime

>this nigger planning on making bank by digging up fucking bugs in the fucking winter

You ever poked near wandering ants?
First they freeze in place and like ten seconds later carry on. Second time they take cover and freeze there. The third time they just fucking leg it in a random direction.

>this nigger planning on making bank by digging up fucking bugs in the fucking winter
nigger i saw on national geographic some fags digging up frozen toads in alaska.

im willing to bet theres a frozen june bug market out there. and all it takes is my hands and some gettin dirty. no fancy degrees or wits about it.

just did it.
it froze for 10 seconds each time.
it curled up into a little ball every time.

it was on open concrete so it had no cover to take

man you just had an effect on an ants day miles and miles away.