How did Eli not know that his twin brother Paul not only sold the rights to their land...

How did Eli not know that his twin brother Paul not only sold the rights to their land, but had owned a small oil company for over twenty years?

How would he know that? They didn't have facebook back then.

When I first watched, I assumed Daniel was just bullshitting to humiliate Eil

Exactly, he lies about the amount of money he gives Paul.

Why couldn't PTA have hired any other actor to play the cameo spot for Paul? His character had less than five minutes of total screen time

why does Sup Forums think this movie is better than TWBB?

Do you even BTS stories, bro?

The actor who was supposed to play Paul fucked off before shooting, so they had Dano step in instead. He had about 4 days to prepare for the role, if I remember correctly.

Classic Dano

*the actor who was supposed to play Eli

No shit I know the story, I cannot understand how a screenplay as complex as envisioned by PTA and Day-Lewis could have glossed over this and never addressed the lack of continuity, even for the time crunch presented by this

What do you mean by lack of continuity? They're twin brothers. Totally different people.

>when you realize jthere is no Paul and Eli was the one who sold the land to plainview

That wouldn't make sense. Eli suddenly developing multiple personality disorder that doesn't come up again? Selling his family's property to an oilman for no real benefit?

Are there any other films of this scope and feel?

>to prepare for the role

This sounds pretentious as fuck. What the hell do you need to "prepare"?

You're right, user. Acting is just reading lines off a paper. How hard could it be?

if he had a twin bother that would be more likely to come up than his disorder

it can't be too hard. most actors are idiots

Have you ever seen those bad movies where no on knows how to act and it's laughable? Well professional actors somehow come across as genuine and real. Because they prepare.

>most actors are idiots

A celebrity that does movies isn't an actor

His brother is brought up in the movie. What are you talking about?

Actually it's backwards. Dano was set to play Paul, and Eli's actor backed out. So he got bumped up to the larger role

>How did Eli not know that his twin brother Paul not only sold the rights to their land
He knew this, he even attacked his father over it

>but had owned a small oil company for over twenty years?
No way he could know this because Paul was presumably never in touch with his family after telling Daniel about Little Boston