Should the Marine Corps be abolished? What do they do that the Army couldn't do?

Should the Marine Corps be abolished? What do they do that the Army couldn't do?

Would the Marine Corps actually ever be abolished?

They're more fierce than the armies infantry and fuck around with the navy is my understanding of it

So long as there is us navy there will be us marines

You dont fucking know what your talking about.

>more fierce than green berets, delta, and the 75th Ranger batt, 101st, 82nd, 10th mountain...

No. Their propaganda dept is fierce though.

The idea is that as a smaller, more cohesive force, they can project force more efficiently than other, larger branches. The story goes that the reason they have their own planes and boats is that during WWII landings, they got sick of getting abandoned by the Navy and air wings.

Personally I just think it's good that we have two separate methodologies for infantry in the American military. It allows more options and more specialized units.

I honestly don't know, how's the army at amphibious warfare?

I know their PR department is not as stronk.

The future is Fleet and Mobile Infantry.

Marines are better. The army just eats the marines scraps. I've met soldiers and they are usally snot nosed little shits. I've met marines and they are real men and warriors. Chris Kyle and many army generals admit the marines show army boys the boot

>tfw your ASVAB was too low for games and theory

Depends on how badly you want to be able to take advance naval bases.

>marine boots actually believe the shit that gets drilled into their heads in the first couple months

That interbranch bullshit falls away real fast. POG shit, too, as long as someone isn't pushing the "every marine a rifleman" meme.

Yes he does.

Marines are an expeditionary force.
Army is an occupation force.

To answer your question though, no, the Marine Corps will never be dissolved.

Were you in the Muhreeens?

I was and all if our communications equipment and most of our humvees were literally hand me downs from army and air force. I'm talking equipment from the '70s in some cases that we continually took apart and swapped out with newer parts.

I'd rank us at least with the rangers. What do you know about iit?

Well considering they do totally different things, I would say no, the marines probably won't be abolished.

>I'd rank us at least with the rangers

/k/, this is no time for your jokes.

op is a cunt
he can't be trusted

This is true. If anyone's eating scraps, it's us. Budget's just the shit the navy decides they can spare, seems like.

The question is
When will you marines... FOR SPACE!

>What do they do that the Army couldn't do?

Who would be the Navy's red headed step children and whipping boys?

Yut

My bro was a marine and he said the same thing. They once took their machine guns to an army posts armourer. He was amazed they still ran. They get shit and get more killing done with it. They are for rapid response and anihilation of the enemy. Fighting a protracted war against heavy armaments isn't their thing. Holding cities isn't their thing. Their job is to kill.

>They are for rapid response and anihilation of the enemy. Fighting a protracted war against heavy armaments isn't their thing. Holding cities isn't their thing. Their job is to kill.

This basically, the army is more designed for point defense and holding a general line against the enemy, the marines are basically attack dogs that tear as much ass as they can through enemy territory.

I was talking in terms of combat not equipment. Marines go in first and then army comes in. There is a reason why movies are made about marines and not soldiers nowadays.

>Have brother that joined marine core
>They pretty much fucked his brain up and brainwashed him

If I ever have kids I would never let them join.
I'd be ok with the army, but never the marine core.

Sounds like your brother was already a retard before he joined. The brainwashing wears off a couple months after boot camp for 90% of boot PFCs.

The brainwashing is the bedrock of Marine morale. I'm not talking shit about my beloved Corps, but let's be honest.

I've been telling the kids in my family that if they just have to join up, go Air Force. Absolutely cush, from the outside looking in.

MAR occupy single posts. ARMY does the big boring shit.

I want to be a space shuttle door gunner so badly

I'm a former Marine who spento 4 years in getting out as a sergeant. I did 3 deployments. 2 to Afghanistan and one MEU.
In my two deployments when we'd hand over an area to the army I dealt with a few soldiers. Their gear was better than ours, however we are much more effective at rapid deployment and taking an area.
Due to our smaller size each individual gets more training. We're underfunded, but we make due with what we have.
I was a 0621 radioman in an infantry battalion attached to weapons company.
I don't think we'll ever get fully cut, however when I was getting out there were a lot of talks about our budget getting cut and they were shrinking from 214 thousand to a goal of 186 thousand by 2018.

And then they will be cush, but not retarded. It's a loss either way

Bruh its so bad now. They cut everything but we're still doing shit at a high op tempo. Fucking miserable

This. Also, the Marines are held to a higher standard than regular soldiers in the Army. The public likes something pretty to look at -- that's the Marines. They're iconic.

>source: I was enlisted

Marines are apart of the Navy you dip.

>Should the Marine Corps be abolished?
No. To put it in perspective consider the branches of military less like individual sticks in a faggot and more like an arrow.
The Marine Corps are the head of the arrow the first ones in.
The Army is the shaft to help push the Marines through.
The Air Force is the fletching making sure everything gets where it needs to go.
Finally the Navy is the knock of the arrow making sure that before anything gets going everyone has a stable platform to launch from.
>What do they do that the Army couldn't do?
Have troops anywhere and everywhere before the Army could even blow their nose.
>Would the Marine Corps actually ever be abolished?
Not likely unless there are drastic changes to the way we structure our military. With the way the new corps is I'm glad I'm retired.

I definitely agree. The brainwashing is real, but most of it wears off a year or two into the fleet. Some of it will be with me for life.
When my son is 18 or older I'd be proud if he wanted to be a Marine like I was, however I would strongly recommend the navy or air force instead based on most of their jobs having better transitions to civilian life afterward and just better Living conditions while enlisted or commissioned.

I feel you. As I was getting out they started really politically correcting everything even though they were ramping up training tempos.
I spent the 3 and a half months of my last 4 months in the field.
I was stationed in 29 palms.
My biggest complaint is how they were really starting to mother boots and pogs (even though I was a pog, at least I was a pogo that did infantry stuff while carrying radios).

Yeah motherfuckers keep trying to get rid of the Corps but the population won't let them. Nu-Corps is a shit show, they had us practicing drill twice a week before I got out. In an infantry unit no less. The fact of the matter is, you don't call the Marines for fancy gizmos and tacticool bullshit. You call for Marines, the crazy ride or die, fight or fight motherfuckers. And until you find someone crazier/better we're not going anywhere

>Should the Marine Corps be abolished
The sooner the better. They're a fucking blight on the services.

Literally the opposite.

>Us
Then you'd know that your designated roles are entirely separate, and thus incomparable.

You shut your nasty fucking mouth.

>Should the Marine Corps be abolished?

No.

see

The Army is turning to shit.

We need a Marine Corps.