Do you grow out of punk?

Do you grow out of punk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pKkOOQR7_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm sorry. For something that I didn't do.

>tfw nearly thirty and getting back into Bad Religion and Nomeansno

I feel so fucking old

The normie pleb punk, yes.

Hardcore punk and the like, not yet.
I'm 28

>growing out of Nomeansno
Wew lad

Implying hardcore punk isn't the normie pleb kind

>oh look it's the same break down
>again and again and again

youtube.com/watch?v=_pKkOOQR7_o

If anything I'm about to grow into it.

You don't grow out of punk. Punk grows out of you

Not all hardcore is breakdowns over and over, friend.

who would grow out of punk, anyway? it's just a minor threat...

Your tastes develop and mature with any art for you put brain power into. When I was 11 I liked pop punk bands like blink-182, Green Day, and Sum 41. By the time I was 16, that had developed into a fascination with the bohemian 70s punk bands like Richard Hell & The Voidoids, The Stooges, Patti Smith, DNA, X-Ray Spex, Suicide, and so on. By college that had led to the more stripped down DIY punk bands like Fugazi and Hüsker Dü, which led to emo/post-hardcore bands like i hate myself, Knapsack, Quicksand, and Jawbreaker, and that led to a fascination with the whole anarcho thing of The Ex, Flux of Pink Indians, Amebix, Rudimentary Peni, and so on. Punk was my avenue to learning about everything from song structure to texture to how to be effectively emotive, which laid the framework for understanding everything from bebop to death metal. So yes and no. There are lots of super basic punk bands, but there are others that are ambitious and creative, it's a hugely diverse genre.

all the best music is touched by punk

>tfw 23 and growing more and more into pop punk
If this isn't involution I don't know what it is

Pic related: my AOTY

I was growing out of it a bit (not as in too mature, just bored with it) but then went to an actual show. band was kind of shit but the energy was really nice. wish i could hang out with punks more or even have a band but I have 0 constant friends

Keep going to shows. You'll keep seeing the same people, and chances are you'll make some acquaintances

I met these two old punks (like late 50's early 60's) at a show once, they were really sweet, and they got me into The Aquabats.

> tfw can't relate to grad school peers because they're bland normies who don't care about music or literature

> tfw local punks aren't useful contacts because they're ambitionless, depressed alcoholics

I think I will. im kind of embarrassed though. I'm not a friendless guy but my main friends dont do anything I like.

Nobody will care. Socially popular people listen to social music like EDM, country, and pop rap. Every punk (and exteme metal, bebop, blues, etc.) fan has experienced alienation and loneliness.

you're right. thanks

depends on how you define fan, there are tons of people who are metalheads on the low

like this if ur part of the 1& that stil listens to real music

yes but i still love the misfits and some dead kennedys

You have really bad taste in music, if Dead Kennedys are the punk bans you'd keep.

That's not what he said, come on now.
Less popular music styles are going to attract less popular people.

you clearly haven't heard frankenchrist, silly

I actually have. It's decent. It isn't nearly as good as tons and tons of stuff.

such as...

Yes punk is basically rap but shitter because it doesn't even try to sound good.
>muh meaningful lyrics
Kill yourself.

only if you're a cunt

The Replacements - Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash
Amebix - Monolith
Bad Brains - s/t
The Gun Club - Fire of Love