/mlb/ general: >rags edition

Someone cum in my bum subedition

Only 187 days until opening day

>187 days from now

You're going to give /mlb/ a heart attack

>rags

But how many days till pitchers and catchers report?

This is the only thing that can save them

How do we make baseball more exciting?

>We
I'm sorry, what role do you play in the commissioner's office?

Royals

Injuns to be desu

>rags

handjobber
well, apprentice handjobber
rags fan btw

Indio get out

how many games will the diamondbacks win this year, espee?

really excites the frontal lobe

what would you rather, be a shitty washington franchise in mexico that literally jacks off its tight young prospects, or have steve pearce be your team's entire commitment going forward

M U L T I B A L L

Have a better father

>[francesa intensifies]

10 maybe 15

Great thread.

Make lefties run the bases the other way. There can be 2 people on any base at one time, but that can only be the case if the two people bat the other way. It creates a more complex and Offense heavy game

based brewers

Alex rodriguez and David ortiz did roids

atleast 19
they get to play the padres that many times

How many days until pitchers and catchers report

>Toronto Blue Jays: Compelling Reasons for Optimism in 2017

Is Pearce really that bad though?

No

Do you realize you don't have such a shitty rotation and a pretty damn competent offense?

I get Steve Pearce may be the end of the world, but at least you're proven to stay in contention even when down a player.

he's a fucking nobody god fucking dammit

He's better than EE

The pitching staff is good i guess

Over .360 OBP the last 2 years? Not a bad player.

7.7 WAR through that span? Sure it's not elite, but it's better than having Smoak/Montero

the teams ceiling is the ALCS and that was with both edwin and jose

now probably both of them are gone, happ and estrada are bound to regress and we dont know if sanchez will improve or regress from his previous year, bullpen is still a dumpster fire even with osuna anchoring the back end.

also the team literally only made the WC in the first place because happ and sanchez gave us back to back games with like 6 and 7 innings each and only 1 run conceded between the 2 of them in the last 2 games of the season.

look I'm not one of those pessimist fags that cried about the offense being non-existent every game, but it was pretty fucking stifling at times, and now we replaced two of the active career dinger leaders with morales and pearce

rotation is one blown arm and liriano regressing back to the guy we traded for away from being a whole lot of nothing.

we have literally no bullpen at the moment aside from osuna and last years rule 5 draftee of the year. dont expect grillmaster to be anything other than a 40 year old pitcher with one pitch. literally no bullpen

the reason we were so shit last year is because of all the muh dingers bullshit

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now

>Smoak/Montero
reminder that the Mariners almost traded Cliff Lee for the number 3 prospect in baseball, Montero
instead they got Smoak
They got Montero anyway later
both were complete shit
no point to this post, i just love pointing out Mariners development failures
>Ackley

I think Jose will end up back in Toronto. You'll just be down EE if that's the case. You still have Donaldson, Martin, Tulo, and others. The thing is, you need Travis to stay healthy.

Happ could regress, I don't know. But Estrada has been solid as he could be since coming to Toronto from Milwaukee. He's no ace, but he's a very solid front liner of your rotation.

Your bullpen needs an arm or two, so I think adding Blevins or Logan could help that out. Perhaps consider going after Tom Wilhelmsen too, he's on and off but he's an exciting player when he's on.

I agree about Sanchez though. Don't use him like Joba or Feliz.

One of the best in the league. Jays are still contenders.

Jose's going to end up in Melbourne

what on this fucking earth makes you think the FO will shell out money for blevins or logan or anyone for that matter?

Look Toronto it's really not...

nothing is certain in baseball...

Kendrys Morales is a formidable DH, he's not elite, but he was a huge part of the Royals championship team and has a winning attitude in general (have followed him closely a long time). Probably metrically not the best, but a good player to have around.

Besides, I think you're getting Joey Bats back. His market has cratered to oblivion and now he's up to one year deals and the interest with Toronto looks mutual.

Literally everyone who Jack Z got in trades or JeDi has shipped off is on an AL East team it seems. I could be overthinking it though.

Seager is the outlier of those developed in their time though.

Don't bully K-Mo
He's the slowest man on earth but he can hit a baseball sometimes

Blevins isn't probably going to get much. He's a sure 1 year deal. I'm shocked he hasn't signed yet. I think he spent all or most of 2016 hurt but I could be wrong.

Logan might be harder though. But bullpens are fickle anyways.

You keep dustins name out of your filthy mouth

Yeah, he was a solid player in Anaheim, Seattle, and Kansas City. I don't think Jays fans c. 2015 really know him well enough.

He's actually a free agent desu.

>mfw we give him a minor's deal and he redeems himself under Edgar

the point is the FO values cheap budget deals over top market talent even if said talent has been playing for the team for 6 years

like literally dont even wait two weeks before diving into plan Z

Here're your headlines

TOR:Blue Jays not in active talks with Bautista
CLE:Rangers still seen as the favorite for Napoli
CHC:Jason Hammel only getting one-year offers
MIN:Twins want best and final offers for Dozier
BOS:Diamondbacks inquire on Vazquez, Swihart
SF:Posey and 10 others confirmed for Team USA
WAS:Murphy, Goldschmidt on Team USA for WBC
BOS:Red Sox not concerned about E-Rod's knee
DET:Tigers ink Edward Mujica to minors contract
BAL:Nationals interested in catcher Matt Wieters
CLE:Rangers closing in on deal with Mike Napoli?
KC:Rockies have checked in on Greg Holland

Relevant to recent posts re Bautista and Toronto:

>Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star reports the Blue Jays are not in active talks with Jose Bautista.

>MLB Network's Jon Morosi had previously reported that the two sides were "engaged in active contract discussions." Per Griffin, the Blue Jays haven't made a formal offer to Bautista since he turned down the team's one-year, $17.2 million qualifying offer last month, though they did meet face to face at the Winter Meetings. Bautista had been hoping for a deal in the neighborhood of four years and $100 million but so far he's heard crickets on the open market. If Bautista does return to Toronto, it would likely be on a one-year deal similar to the qualifying offer he turned down. In the meantime, the Blue Jays are exploring trades with Jay Bruce, Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson among their top targets.

That's a funny way to spell what Russell Martin got.

>Jay Bruce, Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson

SMOAKMONTEROACKLEYHULTZENWALKERFRANKLINPETERSONZUNINOCLEMENT
look at the bright side, at least Adam Jones was able to escape

how wet do the orioles panties get when the mariners front office calls them?

>Seager is the outlier of those developed in their time though.
god bless Seager

>4 years
>$100 million
Time to retire Joey Bats

Don't be hating on the Zunibomber senpai

Part me of me thinks he'll get less than what Desi got with Texas and warrant a multiyear deal afterwards.

FUCKING JOSE BAUTISTA???? Literally who is this? Why the fuck are we getting a replacement level journeyman from the Orioles. I fucking hate our front office so much.

Are we posting rare Joeys?

i like Zuni and hope he somehow manages to turn things around with his 5th chance
but lets be honest NIco, he is a failed prospect no matter how you look at it

Are you ready for me, espee?

>3-1

You tell them, fellow lifelonger!

Come here in '19, bae

>still fully 3 months til you can watch your team start it's .500 campaign

cant wait for the great Leaf Purge of 17
"lifelong" jays fans will have to suffer through their first .500 season

Should be fun

Reminder that if every team sold out every game the Indians would be 30th on that list

>what is 2014
>what is 2013
or do you want to look like a giant fucking moron and claim there were no jays threads on Sup Forums as if the archives dont exist?

some of you were here and seemed cool
dont try to deny there was a lot more Canadian flags the last two years and these bandwagoners shitposted everywhere

yes and that literally only happens with canadians, it never ever ever happens with fans of other teams

cubs and indians threads had exactly the same amount of fans in them as regular season threads

the WS threads i should specify

also

>arguing over bandwagon fans on a chinese cartoon forum

it's because rajesh and his street shitting pals from Scarborough and Mississauga and the surburban areas of toronto like the york areas all jumped on thanks to cocksuckers like drake and stroman selling his manlet status with his HDMH shit which spoke to their inner inferiority surrounding their height and hopefully they will all go back to watching demarcus and deshaun playing floorsqweek or pretend to care about superboil once a year ok praise gretzky

>literally only happens with canadians
never said that
cubs bandwagoners shitposted. Im not celebrating them leaving because the cubs actually look good, unlike the jays, so im assuming they will still be here in 17
and the Indian dont have fans

why would the casual bandwagon fans even watch the beginning of the season, even if the team is good

Why do you keep thinking this triggers anyone? Cubs at 100% with health and roster barely survived against a half-hospitalized team with 2 starters, and they still got shut out by a team no one picked to move past the division series. The Indians also weren't the first and guaranteed won't be the last to lose after going up 3-1. Don't worry, the more you watch baseball the more you'll not confuse it for basketball.

i dont know man
im just celebrating annoying bandwagoners leaving the general
why are you fighting me on this?

Why are newfags like you so insecure about your newfaggotry?

>the Indian dont have fans
I'll be here opening day until game 4 of the Eries, pal, just like I was last year

Name me teams with fans. I'm curious.

none
its a myth

Delet this

because it makes no sense, first the bandwagoners arent going to leave because they arent here to begin with, they literally watch only postseason games

second even if a team goes like 30-0 to start the season they arent gonna watch because they are too casual to watch regular season games much less consistently watch over the course of a 162 game season

like do you honestly think casual fans are going to post in /mlb/ generals at any point?

>you now remember that who sox have more fan representation on /mlb/ threads throughout the year than cubs ((((fans))))

Even on the internet they try to inflate their actual numbers. My advice is to not act like this actually gauges your own fandom, kid. Having the most bandwagoning casuals isn't a good thing.

Hahn pls it's been 2017 now

Do something

>like do you honestly think casual fans are going to post in /mlb/ generals at any point?
what do you think the general is?

That's because they're all NEET losers with nothing better to do.

As opposed to trust fund babby losers with nothing better to do than spend daddy's money at what to them is an expensive bar.

No one here (but you, I guess) is a bandwagon, no one ends up here unless they have some need to vent their autistic rage/happiness about other peoples' accomplishments.

Have you seen them post, they literally post anime and are proud of it. The whos poster boy on this board is a tripfag who regularly posts anime and himself admits he's a worthless NEET and the other anons post images of their sad staff or players always talking about how painful it is to be a fan despite winning in 2005.

Whos fans are pathetic and their big presence on this board just serves to show even further that patheticness.

>hating anime
>on Sup Forums

>Post anime
Problem?

I thought you were a xeattlehawks fan.

No he shouldn't waste his HOF career in Seattle like Ichiro did.

shiggy diggy