Is football really that big of a deal in the south? Can any southerners verify?

Is football really that big of a deal in the south? Can any southerners verify?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-M605p5Fm1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

They are crazy about the huskers in Nebraska, it's all they got.

How big of a deal is it?

Is it all people talk about down there?

>can't get a real team
>grown men in trailers with methmouth idolize college kids

They spend more money on football than schools and infrastructure

They're not only uneducated; they're actively trying to cause brain injuries to as many people as possible

The South truly is where the Enlightenment died

How can you be racist AND dedicate your entire existence to cheering for black amateur athletes?

They don't view them as real people, just instruments of their entertainment. Modern day minstrels

From London, we have 6 teams in the top division, 3 of which are top 4 in the league.

So yeah id say it's a pretty big deal down south.

Student at The University Of Alabama here. The success of our football program has made our university almost double in size. In 2006, enrollment was at 23,000, this year it's almost 40,000. There have been multiple new buildings around campus funded by the program.
We don't spend money on football, football makes money for the University.

>They spend more money on football than schools and infrastructure

But the football programs of even small southern schools all make a profit.

this was probably funnier in your head

Texasfag here

High school football is very big here. Everyone I work with goes to the Friday night games and discusses them on Monday. When rivalry games are played stores shut down etc...

I almost never get out of my house, so I don't know.

I do know that high school football is on TV where I live.

Yes, mostly because of Bayern's success.

Football is a major revenue source you retard

Well, growing up in AL, you chose either AL or AU based on your family and that determined early friendships when you're too young to really understand. Like, you're a child so you know you like this side and the other side is the enemy. And then you can also cheer for TN but then everybody hates you.

As an adult, some people don't grow out of that mindset but a good majority mature enough to realize it's still a game and shouldn't have any real effect on your life or friendships.

>mfw Alabama family
>mfw sister starts dating Auburn fan
>mfw I have never seen my grandpa go in so hard on someone before
>mfw they broke up like a week later

The shit talking is pretty intense too, but it weeds out those with thin skin.

tl;dr it's like Romeo and Juliet if the teams were Capulets and Montagues except with slightly less death

>except with slightly less death
and less teeth

And more incest.

Debatable considering the time period. But Alabama really isn't any worse than any other state tbf

Dallas here. Cowboys have a devoted and large fanbase, despite the memes about fairweather fans. College football here is huge. The Texans are virtually unliked however.

Its similar to the show in smaller towns.
Atmosphere of the games is comparable to what it's like in real life

And a lot of season one was filmed in my hometown at my high school and surrounding area.

You could say so, yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=-M605p5Fm1g

Yes, my district shared a stadium that held 15000, as well as one that held 8000. After that, each school had it's own 3000-6000 person stadium. The two big ones each had a jumbotron the size of the old one at Minute Maid Park

Forgot image

Lol even in Houston most people like other teams

it's cause they lost the oilers but never really got back on their feet. for example, cleveland moving to baltimore could have been just as bad if it weren't for the SB's

Kek.