First time watching this. What do you all think of it?

First time watching this. What do you all think of it?

Pretentious bullshit.
The photography was nice tho.

a lot of loyalty to some captured pelts

inaritu should hire someone to write dialogue

>Pretentious
What was pretentious about it?

I really hate this word. It's usually used by idiots who have no idea what they are talking about.

forced drama
pointless garbage

agreed

masterpiece
kill yourself

Brilliant film. The story was a classic one of betrayal with a very disturbing take of events that leaves you craving to see the outcome for the protag.

Cinematography was also brilliant.

9/10.

The Revenant is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Birdman, Inarritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Inarritu is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to the ends of the Earth in search of a better shot, the Mexican counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

0/5

>forced drama
like what?

>pointless garbage
unlike what?

I swear, people just like to vomit words without substantiating their claims and they expect people take them serious. Please, kill yourself.

It's not great but its not bad. The son was a completely unnecessary character and a detriment to the story. It's been a while since I watched it so I can't remember any specifics but I do know that I was irritated with him the whole movie.

Plot was a little weak yet visuals were astounding. I felt it was shorter than what really was. Pretty enjoyable.

I had a hard time marathoning it. Usually I'm good even for a whole movie but this one really tried my patience. Kept having to check my phone just for something to do.

>The son was a completely unnecessary character and a detriment to the story

Without the son there would literally be no story since it's a revenge story which starts when the son gets killed.

Please kill yourself.

Be abandoned would be enough motivation. Why add the cliche on top of that?

Literally trash for letterboxed embryos

HHURRRFRRRHUURHURH HUUHHHUHUHHUHRR UFFFUFUFHHER IIIIIIHHR the movie.

Why would he specifically go after Fitzgerald when
Bridger and the whole company basically left him?

Also, why would he go after the people that left him when it was very understandable for them to leave him there?

His whole motivation would be weak as fuck.

>when you nutted and the cops shoot you for being a nigger

Some more unsubstantiated word vomit. This is why people say Sup Forums is the worst board. At least make an effort to explain as to why you hated it.

They could write a better story

>Pretentious
>AKA not capeshit

Why is it my fault you can't understand Sup Forums language or refuse to learn it?

Who are you quoting ?