Video surfaces of man being dragged from overbooked United flight

cnbc.com/2017/04/10/video-surfaces-of-man-being-dragged-from-overbooked-united-flight.html

>One unnamed passenger boarded a United flight at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, headed to Louisville, not knowing he was about to be forced to leave a plane that was overbooked.
>A nearly 30-second video clip, posted on social media by a fellow passenger, shows three security officers approaching a man who was already seated, asking him to give up his spot on the plane. After the man refuses, he was eventually dragged by his arms and screaming toward the front of the plane.
>A witness to the debacle said passengers were warned at the gate that the flight was overbooked, and United was asking for volunteers to switch flights, with reimbursements included. Nobody spoke up.
>According to Audra Bridges, who posted the video to her Facebook page Sunday evening, United management came on board the flight and used a computer to randomly select four passengers who would be removed from that trip.
>The man in the video — one of those four randomly selected — reportedly claimed he was a doctor and needed to see his patients at the hospital in the morning, then proceeded to say he would call his lawyers.

Land of the Free, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

search-app.fortune.com/?q=united airlines
youtube.com/watch?v=SzHd5bmEdU4
fortune.com/2017/04/10/united-airlines-stock-passenger-dragged/?iid=sr-link3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That was brutal to see, what the fuck

Yes. He will sue them and most likely win. So U.A. pretty much fucked themselves in the ass for this.

Even if he loses they're going to lose millions from the PR clusterfuck

that company is fucked

And Americans wonder why do people drive airplanes into their skyscrapers

Was the Dr not on the flightplan?

Many bootlicking or contrarian burgers will defend it because the state violence was prescribed by a voluntary contract

YOU DON'T GET TO BRING FRIENDS

Was getting dragged apart of your plan?

DOCTOR I AM UA

who paid them to grab Dr. Pavel?

>"""police""" hired by some corporation
is this an ancapper's wet dream?

Pain? I'm Doctor Seat.

Under Dutch law I'm pretty sure you could prosecute those security guards.

>If we removed you, would you die?

I don't get this.
>people board the plane
>everyone has a seat
>suddenly plane is overbooked
>go in and drag 4 people who were already seated out at random

There obviously were seats, so what's the problem? Was someone else waiting to board? If so why remove people that already boarded instead of refunding those still outside?

Im not sure how anyone could defend this.

maybe they select the ones with the easiest to remove luggage or something

Under burger law there was a violation of the NAP on the doctor's part so the Aviation Police were well within their rights to harvest his kidneys

Of courshe! The Doctor refused our offer in favour of remaining seated, we had to make room for other customers.

American arrogance, there were indeed enough seats for passengers but not unexpectedly staff having to fly to the next airport and needing a seat.
So instead they kicked out the passengers

lol

:::::::::::::::::::::D

They decide who to remove based on how much they paid for their ticket, usually.

>be american
>get dragged

Still doesn't explain why they had to be kicked out. Again if people needed to board, why would you not turn away them instead of dragging out people that already boarded?

That makes no sense either, the crew usually have their own seats or even sleeping quarters for long flights.

No memes, I guarantee if he was white this would never have happened. American cops don't even see brown people as human, even if they're doctors or teachers or engineers.

I hope he sues the ever living fuck out of those racists pigs.

Why are American Airline companies so shit?

united never again

But he is yellow, not brown?

We've been conditioned to getting dominated by opaque bureaucracies at airports since the early 2000s. It's only going to get worse in the future, I'm afraid.

Wait, did they literally sell 4 more tickets than the flight's capacity? If not then how does this happen?

The crew uses the vacant seats. Around 5% of the people don't show up for flights or cancel at last minute, so the companies count on those vacant passengers to sit the crew.

pretty sure he's asian

dudes asian you fucking BLM dindu :DDDD

KEK... i'll meet you in C17 Pekka and lets have a go

SJW everyone.

Asians can still be brown, dumbasses. For example, this guy wouldn't have had any issues, where as a dark skinned Filipino would be treated even worse.

Why not bring a folding chair and sit in the pilot cabin?

So this is that famous American customer experience? HAHAHA

American trying to divert the thread from the matter at hand everyone.

Well congratulations, you got yourself overbooked. So whats the next step of your master plan?

Why don't they just make bigger airplanes?

except he isn't filipino

he is southern chinese, who are by american accounts yellow
so get your own racist terminology right or never use them again

I'm not believed.
Why did such thing occur?

Why is everybody acting like we're defending this? Not even the hypernationalistic dickheads on Sup Forums did. The Asian Doctor is probably going to make bank suing United for this though, and good for him.

If they made the airplanes bigger Americans would just grow their asses fatter by a factor of the same degree

Safety, everyone needs to be locked in a proper chair with seat belt during take off and landing

flying on one of the """"legacy"""" airlines is always a bad idea

>not respecting a human being
>lellelelel sswj loloo trump xDDD

But seriously tho this is fucked up. Overbooked flight is just straight up fraud for selling something you don't have and they beat up the guy like some punks on top of that.

Was he refusing to get off, like a sulking child? I don't understand the problem.