How long would it take to bleed out from cutting the external jugular vein?

How long would it take to bleed out from cutting the external jugular vein?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBgOrtonlIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the person would bleed out shortly after killing you.

I plan on doing it tonight.

30 seconds less for unconsciousness.

The timing is important which is why I'm asking. I don't care about suffering.

For the external?

well let me clarify, a gunshot wound to the area was more or less immediate unconsciousness. Don't think it would take much longer for death. Shit leaks like a sieve.

why wouldn't you stab your carotid artery? if you cut a vein, there's still blood going to your brain in the arteries. veins go to the heart, arteries go away from the heart

5-6 seconds if it is completely severed

excercise, and when your heart rate is very high and your blood is in your muscle cut the artery (carotid)

I don't want to stab myself in the the throat. Guess I'm a pussy. My external jugulars stick out, easy to slice with a box cutter.

Guy who actually tried this here. It takes hours. I was in the washroom for hours hacking away with blades and knives and scissors. It's very difficult to cut human flesh, despite what Hollywood likes to tell you. And the blood keeps clotting because of the low pressure on the veinous system. You have to reach the carotid artery if you plan on dying and it's not easy to reach.

Or hell, for that matter have a machine to it for you. If suicide is what you want. ala youtube.com/watch?v=FBgOrtonlIs

I've cut both sides of my throat before but didn't go deep enough. Did you actually severe the vein?

I got like half an inch deep on both sides. I think I did sever some kind of vein since at some point I started squirting blood. But it still took a very long time and I got found before I died (obviously).

unless you have a lot of willpower cutting your own throat is going to be rough. Even rigging up a simple guillotine would be much easier. just a string pull till death. Actually, that's probably one of the easiest ways i can think of. sharpen up a heavy slab of pipe and rig it to drop.

I'm facing a good amount of time in prison. I'm 41, my life is fucked.

Willpower isn't an issue.

Well, I'd say a razor sharp knife wide enough to maybe hit a couple of those bad boys.

It depends. How many chins do you have?

I'm not fat at all. I'm pretty vascular, they kind of stick out.

I'll bite. What did you do?

There are also arteries behind the knee, in the upper arm just bast the upper tip of the biceps, straight down from the v shape groin into the legs. All will kill in ~2 mins or much less. Provided they're severed. Fairburn knife is actually exactly what i had in mind. Double edge will nick either way it cuts.

I don't want to talk about that. I'm a fuck up, always have been. Stayed out of trouble since 99' now facing fed time at 41.