You are in your mid-twenties

You are in your mid-twenties.
Why is basic productivity difficult for you?
Why don't you care?
Why do you smoke weed everyday of your life?
Why can't you stop?
Why don't you have any real hobbies?
Why won't you try something new?
Why don't you have any true passions?
Why do you envy those who do?
Why are you wasting your life?
Why can't you change your life?
Why do you create excuses for yourself?
Why are you such a little bitch?

Insecurities are the result of over privileged youth

Insecurities are the result of many things...

relevant

Because we're a meaningless blip on a spec in the middle of a vast emptyness. You think all the shit you posted brings some kind of meaning to your life. It doesn't. You could be the most famous, productive, and influential person the world will ever witness and yet the blink that is your existence equates to absolutely nothing in the grand scheme. Every single life, no matter what they achieve or how long they live is ultimately a life wasted. When the universe ultimately collapses back in on itself (and even if it doesn't) humanity's footprint will mean absolutely nothing. You're nothing OP. We're all nothing.

ty

If all you have is ignorance you will remain standing still

Well sheeit.

Dissociation, autism, etc.

The answer to all your questions.

Bingo

>You are in your mid-twenties.
wrong
>Why is basic productivity difficult for you?
wrong. i work, live alone, take care of a pet dog
>Why don't you care?
about what?
>Why do you smoke weed everyday of your life?
i do things i enjoy
>Why can't you stop?
why would i stop?
>Why don't you have any real hobbies?
i lose interest in things i try
>Why won't you try something new?
i do whenever i can
>Why don't you have any true passions?
i'm not sure anyone who doesn't would know that
>Why do you envy those who do?
i suppose feeling compelled toward a goal would be a nice way to spend my free time
>Why are you wasting your life?
based on what criteria?
>Why can't you change your life?
i would need a reason first
>Why do you create excuses for yourself?
it's less work than explaining myself to a judgmental stranger
>Why are you such a little bitch?
now you're just trying to hurt my feelings

Sounds like someone needs therapy.

Been there, done that.

Nice dubs. Can you tell us about your experience? Did it help?

Yet still factual

Life is pointless, once you understand that, you will be free.

Nihilism is a waste if not embraced and used to one's own advantage. Yes, life is meaningless. So why not make the best of it?

This.

> You are in your mid-twenties.
Yes. 26.
> Why is basic productivity difficult for you?
It's not. I wake up at 5 and work till 4
> Why don't you care?
I care about my family
> Why do you smoke weed everyday of your life?
I don't anymore. Used to dab errry day and shit.
> Why can't you stop?
I did for a real job
> Why don't you have any real hobbies?
I do
> Why won't you try something new?
Me and my wife have been camping slot recently
> Why don't you have any true passions?
I do.
> Why do you envy those who do?
I dont. Just look out for #1
> Why are you wasting your life?
I'm happy
> Why can't you change your life?
No reason. Just got a house
> Why do you create excuses for yourself?
I dont
> Why are you such a little bitch?
Because I shitpost on Sup Forums while my wife watches garbage TV.

Perfect answer. Good for you m8, leik a boss

Not really into doing the long personal history stories here but I guess I'll give it a go.

I've been to numerous different psychiatrists over the years to discuss many of the topics in my post. The general consensus among the different therapists I've seen has been a diagnosis of depression. Some have opted for talk-based therapy and two have gone the medication route. The medication "helped" but it didn't feel genuine. My outlook felt synthetic and because of that and side effects I ultimately got off it.

Talk therapy was even less effective because in my experience therapists take the position that I simply "shouldn't" be thinking that way, and thinking of existence like that. The reason their methods have been ultimately ineffective for me is because I'm unable to change my outlook when I still believe everything I said to be accurate and true. Also had one therapist get so upset about our discussions that he dropped me as a patient. That admittedly gave a sense of legitimacy to my outlook. My life hasn't been all that crazy or fucked up, I've just made these kinds of realizations about the nature of our existence that until disproven I can't seem to shake. That's the long and short of it.

You must be really fun at parties

I'm not
It used to be until I got myself in a routine, if anyone is struggling with productivity, I suggest fixing your sleeping pattern
>Why don't you care?
About what exactly? I care about a lot of things.
I've never smoked weed once in my life
>Why can't you stop?
Stop what? Going on Sup Forums? Because its fucking addictive.
I do.
"Something new" isn't always a good thing. Trying heroin would be trying something new for me, and how do you think that would go down?
I do. I have a passion for my religion, family and my money.
Envy is human nature, but I really don't envy anyone at all after I realise that there are billions of people on this earth who have tragic lives.
I'm not. I'm living it.
N/A
N/A
Why do you make pathetic attempts to put people down. My guess is that everthing you just green text, is a direct reflection of your life, and you're just projecting to make yourself feel better.

In closing, kill yourself.

Depression is bullshit. It's just an excuse for NEETs to feel like they don't have to hold themselves accountable. Be a man.

Nice dubs again! Thanks for sharing, i'm sure most of us can both appreciate and relate to that. From my experience, a positive attitude will lead to positive outcomes in life. Although changing your beliefs are nearly impossible, perhaps a new perspective on said beliefs can lead to a better understanding, as well as positive results day to day.

> religion

Imaginary friends are make believe

Agreed.

Clinical depression is a thing. But the faggot you replied to is probably a self diagnosing retard who feels sorry for himself and is doing exactly what you said.

I don't care what you think. If I did, I'd be just as unhappy in life as OP.

Wrong. 53.

Disthymia and the associated meds has sucked all motivation out of me.

>Why don't you care?
See above.

I don't smoke. I drink.

>Why can't you stop?
Why would I want to stop?

Nope.

See above.

See above.

I don't envy anyone.

I've led a very full life. I could die tomorrow with no regrets.

See above.

See above.

I am far from being a bitch.

If you were truly secure about your own life you would not have felt the need to post in this thread. Some people can relate to this topic and perhaps some aggressive positive encouragement is the cure. So why are you here? What's bringing you down?

Loser. Do you have kids? How did they turn out? If they turned out good and you still have a great relationship with them, that will override the part where I called you a loser. Be honest.

Dissociation sucks especially when it gets so severe it's like being in a K-hole.

I'm always on Sup Forums, I always reply to threads. This is no different, I wasn't trying to justify myself, my reply was just that, another reply.

Their diagnosis, not mine. I only included that to give perspective on how psychiatrists have perceived me.

>thinking I go to parties

Come on user

Then why are you here? In this thread? Right now? Also, agreed.

I'm happy and love a fulfilling and wonderful life with people who love me and no god. It's a crutch. Red pill yourself Sup Forumsro.

In my roughest times (and they were rough) knowing I was a spec of dust In the vast cold emptiness of space created by pure chance was the most comforting thing to me. Smoke some DMT

Go to a party sometime. You might like it

Joke's on you, OP. I'm in my early 30s.

Woke life, open that third eye m8

One child. He's lives with his mother (my ex-wife) and is doing well. I've only met him once. His mother has appeared to not want me to be in his life. She remarried to an apparently good man. Still pay child support but it's not all that much. Never really wanted children so it's probably for the best.

Well I'm glad that works for you. However religion is hard to let go of after being born into it, I can't pin point what it is exactly, but something makes me love religion.

It really shouldn't bother you though, and if it does, I think you're lying about living a "fulfilling and wonderful" life.

Ehh whatever

Jesus dude. You really sound miserable. You should smoke some DMT. Go find a job that's physical and work with your hands. Get a dog.

I'm not sure. Bad habits I got into while young.

Why don't you care?
I do. I'm 25 but I'm in school and doing well. I am trying to get the absolute most out of my classes, going the extra mile and REALLY trying to learn as much as possible. But, I find myself being lazy and not learning as much as I could.

I don't. I drink fairly heavily right now though.

Why can't you stop?

Too much damn fun.

I do. Music and boating. Dunno if that counts.

Eh. I pretty much know what I like and want at this point.

I would say music is my truest.

Well, I have a lot of respect for people who go out and do what they want. My friend went to NYC after high school and is immersed in the art scene there. Constantly producing and experiencing cool shit. I suppose I envy him a little because he knows what he wants and he went and got it and wasn't afraid to do it. I mainly respect him though.

I have wasted the first five years of my twenties drifting between jobs and NEETing. I wasted my prime but I'm not going to waste my life anymore and am trying my hardest to break these bad habits.

I can and am. It's just not easy.

I catch myself when I do and tell myself to just keep going forward.

LOL IDK BRO

I agree with you. Anyone who is truly secure with their own life should have no opinion on how other people live theirs. I am not a religious person, but accept that all religions can teach valuable lessons in one way or another.

My life is completely still. Kind of like being a monk. It keeps me sane. Not ideal, I would admit, but the meds and booze keep me stable. I do have a wife so it's not as bad as it could be. I'll eventually get out of this still place, just no quite sure how.

Sure thing, I can't even blame other anons for reading my post and thinking I'm being an attention whoring neetlord but props to you for not being a faggot.

The thing of it is, while grim, my outlook is less based on emotion than it is just observation and consideration. The more you "zoom out" when considering humanity the more meaningless it starts to seem. It's not an outlook I recommend or even like but it's one that I can't just ignore and go about my day without thinking about on some level.

Solid answer. Honest. Respect for your desire to better yourself. You can do it bro, stay strong.

You're 25. You wasted your prime. Your ship has sailed. And you can't greentext. You're done. Give up.

Raised hardcore Christian paid attention to science class and didn't watch Fox News. Realized I liked fucking and partying more than a God literally didn't do shit for me or anyone on earth really. Realized you can love and be loved without some retarded code of conduct written by goatfuckers in a desert and a new testement rewritten to suit the political climate of the time (see gnostic gospels). Not trying to argue, trying to help. Ditching my parents awful religion was the best thing to happen and most likely saved my life.

Also how would Jesus feel about you going on Sup Forums

The trick is to zoom in and live in the moment. Positive thoughts, positive results.

I have and of course there are some gatherings that can't be avoided but I generally don't go by own choice. In all honesty I do fine at parties, I know how to blend in but it's not really enjoyable.

>Jokes on you I'm 21.
>I have a job m8.
Why don't you care?
>If I didn't I would be homeless and addicted to all the wrong things.
>I hate that shit. Waste of money.
Why can't you stop?
>You can't stop something you've never started.
>Because I'm anti-social and content with if.
>I may have some behavioral or mental disorder. I don't like new too often.
>I used to. Even if I don't feel the same way about it anymore, nothing can or will replace it. I won't allow it.
>Passions can sometimes create burdens. In my mind I have enough of those as it is.
>Will I remember my achievements or actions when I die? Is there an afterlife?
>I could, but that could cause ruin for people I don't necessarily care about, but don't want to see suffer.
>So I don't feel the urge to kill myself.
>I don't know yet. We'll see.

>You really sound miserable.

Not really. Just very still.

>You should smoke some DMT.

I can't really do any recreational drugs any more. Delusional paranoia and shit like that.

>Go find a job that's physical and work with your hands.

100% VA medically disable. I don't need to work.

>Get a dog.

I'm a cat person. My wife and I have been discussing this for awhile.

All theses replies and no one has called you out for harping exactly the platform of Dr. Jordan B Peterson.

Least give him credit you fucking failure.

I've rebooted my life several times. At 25 he has at least two more shots.

Beautiful.

Thanks, yeah I feel like I can pull this whole life thing off for the first time, feels good. Believing you're on the path to a better life is really really really great feeling, like anything is possible or something.

oh look b is full of winners...

Correct
Most outlets for productivity are uninteresting and/or underpaid
>Why don't you care?
I care about several things
I don't
>Why can't you stop?
n/a
I make music
I will, provided it doesn't involve wage cuckery
Passion is a state of mind, not a possession
The only thing I envy is talent
Because there is no such thing as a meaningful life; there are only pleasant moments and unpleasant ones
Why would I want to?
Because it's easier than doing work
I'm a big fat bitch, tyvm

The insecurity in this thread is astonishing. Don't hate on people talking about bettering themselves, its weak.

Jesus OP, fucking spot on.

It's actually kinda weird how similar my story is to this user: Damn near same thing on my end Sup Forumsro.

I've given up on the medications and the therapy, nothing really seemed to help and I just don't have it in me to really try anymore. So I go to my job, wait for the work day to end, come home, smoke weed, wait for me to pass out, and repeat. It feels like I'm just waiting to die and I gave up on enjoying life quite awhile ago. I don't want to be alive, but don't have the balls to kill myself, so will keep aimlessly drifting through life doing the bare minimum allowed to get by in society.

Coming from a similar background i just want to let you know that i can relate, and i agree. The feeling is great. Anything is possible. You will hit bumps in the road, keep pushing.

22 currently.

i tend to wait until last minute to do things.
Why don't you care?
i do. just sometimes i lose motivation
i want to stop. i did. i recently started back up
Why can't you stop?
want to.
too depressed from break-up
i do. all the time
i just havent found them yet
dont know.
wish i knew.
its easy to just let things fall.
you're right.
emotional bitch x10.

Idk. I've been drinking everyday for the past six months. I just hope that I can turn it around. Also I hope I don't have much brain damage. Partied hard before this even.

Yeah, "bettering themselves" by bragging about being winners and calling others "losers".

now you know what "consumer" means, and why it should be considered an insult.

You talk about wage cuckery now, just wait until you are 53 and living on disability like a said old fuck. Like this guy. My advice is that you get over yourself and get to work, for YOU, not for the system.

I think that's probably true but the dilemma for me is that it's a matter of deciding one perspective over another. Zooming in like you said may be better for emotional stability but I find it removes my ability to try and be objective when thinking about our existence. To follow that analogy further, when you zoom in with a camera you end up losing more of the surrounding area the further you in you go, but when considering our place in the reality I guess I'm unwilling to do away with that extra information.

You guys are just waiting for the slightest display of weakness to jump on people so you convince yourself you are among the strong. That's really sad.

Bird of a feather flock together my friend. Sit back and continue to let your life pass you by. If this thread is about "winners and losers" than its clear which side you're on.

look at all the fucks i give. again, I'm a loser, but that doesn't make your attitudes ok.

Hey, I'm all for working for *me*. Problem is, bettering myself in the ways that I think are valuable are sure to put me in the poor house and that's not an option.

Or maybe you are also part of team insecure and you need to step your game up m8. We're not calling anyone "losers" or "weak," this thread is about helping those seeking the strength to help themselves. Shoe fly, go flutter elsewhere.

The thing that is so amazingly sad about this board is that it has a striking number of people from a middle class background that have had all the chances in the world and have taken them and thrown them out the window for the reinforced wallowing and crushing cynicism that this place provides. In the grand scheme of the human race your lives are so beyond desirable even in your mediocrity. You were given ten gold bars that you knowingly traded for a polished piece of shit.

Cheers, here's to it.

Yeah, as when that dude said that depression is an excuse and bullshit... You guys were lucky and believe you're entitled to lecture and put down others. Would love to see you guys recovering in a nation as mine.

Admit it, you are just seeking acceptance in an internet forum.

Dubs again, wild... I hear you loud and clear. Embrace the chaos that is this meaningless universe and find the will to THRIVE. If not for yourself, just for the fuck of it. A meaningless life is still meaningless if you are driving a Ferrari, but hey, atleast you are in a Ferrari. You like photography i assume? Focus on that. Create meaning by expressing your beliefs through a real lense.

>Your attitude sucks and thats why you are a self proclaimed "loser"

You need to do more. If only for yourself. Everyone who doesn't like their lives in here could be doing so much better. You have one known chance at existence. Take it. Carpe diem.

I have yet to have found a definition for what "basic productivity" is. I produce things that make me happy and hurt no one.
>Why don't you care?
Haven't found a reason to. Doesn't seem like there is any reason to.
Why not?
>Why can't you stop?
I can.
Still not sure what that is, either. The things I do in my free time feel real to me.
Something like what exactly? New food? Anal? Define your terms.
I do. My real hobbies.
Who do - what?
How am I wasting my life? Seems one way or the other the time is going to pass and you will eventually die. As long as you were happy, without taking happiness from others - how did you waste it?
I can? Why should I?
It doesn't seem like any two people will agree on what constitutes an excuse from simply what is fact.
Well... why are you such a little gayboy?

Damn, first time I've gotten dubs like that three times in a row. I do agree with that though, even though my end conclusion is one of meaningless, there's no real reason to prevent ourselves from trying to find some enjoyment, like the Ferrari for example. Cheers user.

Listen to yourself. Listen to your responses. Then read this guys Who is the negative one here? Nothing but positive encouragement up in this bitch. YOU are the cancer in this thread.

Some of you aren't aware of how lucky uou guys are that you live in America or nations where recovering is a matter of good attitude. And that you guys lived through the experience to actually be in position to fix your lives.

I don't seek empathy and sympathy anymore, I'm a loser and I'm gonna die and that's just it. I don't care anymore. That said, not that I don't have hobbies (several) or take drugs (I actually work out).

Triple dubs is a sign! There are no coincidences in this meaningless world. Maybe a change of perspective is all you need my friend. Take care and cheers to you as well!

Move to America, cut the "woes me" bullshit. Carelessness is the enemy. I believe in your ability to thrive. Change doesn't just happen, you need to MAKE it happen.

Thanks I guess, I tried many times and it's always the same, exactly when im feeling "happy" shit happens in a way It makes hard to move again. You'll probably think they are normal problems but believe me they hurt my life a lot.

That said and to be honest, i haven't completely give up about life, I'm just moving slow, but I have some few plans that even though are simple they could give me some few nice years ahead.

Thanks anyway, I'm sorry, maybe I've been a bit grumpy and negative here.

Spot on! Knowing this, try to enjoy yourself to the best of your ability. You might find someone like minded that will make it easier to cope.

I meant "move" and "try" in life, not about moving to America, which I'd love to do if i was younger.

Believe in yourself. Not everyone in life (or this thread) is out to get you. Best advice you will ever get. "Luck" isn't a real thing. In this world, you make your own luck. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it. Change your mind, change your life. Furthermore, it's never too late, for anything.

Agreed. Embrace that belief, do not let it be the reason you crumble.

Deep inside i know my attitude has sucked, I'm not sure "bad luck" stood only for 10% of my situation but I know if i had taken your attitude now I'd been in a better situation.

I work out, I guess that means deep inside I know I could try again...

Thanks anyway, I don't think i deserved the good words due my bad posts earliers. For what it's worth, If i ever recover i'll try to give motivation to others as well as payment.

No need to apologize m8. You work out? That's more than what most people can bring themselves to do, i give you a lot of respect for that. Change your mind, change your life. Think positive, positive things will happen, believe me. Stay strong.

Pass the positivity along! It will go a long way.