Why isn't the entirety of the Amazon basin made into one giant nature reserve?

Why isn't the entirety of the Amazon basin made into one giant nature reserve?
This would stop all the deforestation and habitat destruction because the military could shoot anyone who does illegal activity in the giant nature reserve

Other urls found in this thread:

news.mongabay.com/2017/03/crime-and-not-enough-punishment-amazon-thieves-keep-stolen-public-land/
youtube.com/watch?v=-nPyT8msRaI
youtube.com/watch?v=ETVNl4_IzHY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cangaço
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampião
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contestado_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

in that case why not make the whole world into a nature reserve

We would have to genocide everyone to achieve that
It would be a good idea to make regions with low population into nature reserves because only some people would be needed to be relocated

>why isnt almost 100% of peru and ecuador, half of bolivia colombia and venezuela and one third of brasil a giant nature reserve where the military can shoot everybody

jesus christ billybob....

because latin america stinks

We need to save all the animals and biodiversity though
Those places have hardly any people anyway, so why not make it into a giant nature reserve so corporations can't destroy it

>Why isn't the entirety of the Amazon basin made into one giant nature reserve?
Because $$

fuck that, they need to put a giant dam on the amazon and flood the entire basin, world energy problems solved instantly

there are already laws supposed to prevent it, its just that south america is a giant shithole and nobody cares about anything

A large portion of it is already protected but naturally that doesn't stop loggers because defending such a gigantic area is simply impossible and the native retards in charge of defending it sell their land to loggers for peanuts instead.

Now fuck off, we need the land for pastures.

the amazon is not more "naturally natural reserve" than any other part of the planet

it just seems like it due to some tropical otherness that europeans are strangers about

on a non-humanistic scale arctic may serve just as well since animal life or whatnot is priceless no matter the amount, so this leads to something like bullying brazil when the great reef ecology is totally destroyed

why don't you be a hypocrite more jukko

Most of the world has allready ruined nature in their own region for the sake of profit. The South Americans have the right to do so to if they please, which they right now do.

Why don't you kill all your niggers so you wouldnt need anymore pastures to feed them

Big geological movements makes the biggest part concentrate in Venezuela

>This would stop all the deforestation and habitat destruction because the military could shoot anyone who does illegal activity in the giant nature reserve

We already do that.

Because fuck off it's ours and we do whatever we want with it. Most first worlders didn't think twice when devastating their forests

If you stopped importing mudslimes Europe could also make their forests into one giant nature reserve as well since the native population of Europe is decreasing

Why are you talking in ultimatums?

Other than that i dont know what you're on about, there should ofcourse be more nature everywhere.

It's funny when people talk shit to us when we already lowered the legal logging by 90% and follow all the eco bullshit rules that they shove dow our throats, fuck we're one of the world leaders of making renewable energy and other shit.

Yet, countries like US and China throw CO2 on the atmosphere like there is no tomorrow, but nobody talks shit.

Because of what said, in a capitalist society, corporations and money comes first, everything else comes later

>stop all the deforestation

Pro tip: old vegetation stops absorving so much CO2, so if you have a forest, it's better to cut down the big trees and put new, younger, faster growing trees in place. Not like it would mean anything, the ocean captures way more CO2 than every forest on Earth combined.
Also pic related: Genetically modified eucalyptus growing fast as fuck and with little to no branching, meaning faster, easier and less contaminating procedures.

Arm the natives and the deforestation won't happen.
I'm not joking, they're better than satellites. Read this if you don't believe me:

news.mongabay.com/2017/03/crime-and-not-enough-punishment-amazon-thieves-keep-stolen-public-land/

We export most of it so you should be thinking about killing the fatasses who buy from us, now go complain about the fact that coral reefs are literally dead and how the rest of the world is ruining Earth with co2 and shit instead of bothering one of the most environment-friendly countries on Earth.

>pic related
pic related

Half my island is protected forests and mountains you retard
Why doesnt south America protect half their landmass like south island (my island) does

your island has 2 million people, the countries where the forest is combined have above 300

Why doesnt the Brazilian government give free weapons to all the natives so they protect the amazon
The natives are badass as fuck

Who the fuck cares about some unusable land in the most irrelevant landmass on Earth?

>Pee poo land

we plant new ones you dumb monkey

No they aren't, they are westernized unscrupulous retards that sell the land the government gives to them.

No one cares. Just let them run their jungle and you can run your island.

depends what they do with the wood, if they are building furniture and houses with it sure, if they are burning or letting it rot in gardens then its just releasing that co2 back into the air
large deforestation projects like this usually create a lot of woodchip for gardens because its cost effective

they probably already have more landmass than new zealand

yeah sure, Brazil is bigger than whole Europe up till the Urals. the Amazon alone is bigger than Western Europe

But most of you don't live in the rainforest, just like how NZrs live in East coast not Fiordland

I believe Australians should do way more to protect their reefs as well
They are shocking

Right now, only Brazil (I'm not sure 100% what they do with it, but they do generate quite a big % of their energy through hydro) and China (used mostly to stop desertification, not for consumption) have genetically modified trees.
And the US is considering them, with their paper industries being the ones investing the hardest.
I'm not sure about every other country. But even then, isn't it better to have a tree capture your CO2, and then re-releasing it into the atmosphere than pumping millenia old captured CO2 in the form of coal and oil? Far more renewable for sure.

I think 70% comes from hydropower

youtube.com/watch?v=-nPyT8msRaI

Y'all niggas aren't even making Ethanol powered rockets.

And yet no one makes weekly threads complaining about Australia or any other country ruining the planet other than China.
The hypocrisy, finger-pointing and bias in it all is hilarious.

What do they even say about us in your local news? I grew up absolutely surrounded by enviromentalism and always try my best to not harm nature, my entire city is run by renewable clean energy and it's a world innovator in public transport, all school textbooks I've read always had huge sections about the rainforest and deforestation and honestly we are probably one of the most nature-loving people on Earth and it makes me mad how idiotic gringos try to blame us for the shit they cause.

Germany beated you to it... by like 70 years

I hear on the news about how Brazil is destroying the Amazon

>ethanol
>germany
nah

I mean does China even gives a fuck?

It's not about environment, it's about who has the power to do it without the rest of the world not giving a fuck.

If China stop their factories to be "environmentally friendly", the world economy will suffer till that's done.

If we stop our factories to make them the same, the world won't feel nothing.

these are the protected lands

What happens there anyway?
Isn't it jsut a giant swamp inhabitat by snakes and tribes that still barely Andre any contacts with civilization?

Nigga we hear that shit before we were even born.

Remember a foreign media saying that the amazon would be gone in 20 years(that was in the 90's) and the Amazon still there, strong and green as ever.

>south island (my island)
fuck off back to auckland chang

Lots of military bases, people exploring and isolated natives that will kill you if you get near their lands.

youtube.com/watch?v=ETVNl4_IzHY

the globalist media needs to destroy the image of every single country that is an enemy to their world domination master plan. Hence why having one of the most pro-ecology governments of the world, they have this need to say we are shit and can't handle the biggest rain forest of the world. Meanwhile China and the US are the biggest world polluters of the world

Why don't you connect all the protected patches up into one big protected land?
It help stop the illegal deforestation

Fat natives who bully the government into giving them land bigger than most countries, then selling it to foreign businesses.
That's pretty much the gist of it.

because "nature reserve" is just white man's burden 2.0

Per capita Australia and gulf countries are the worst in the world for pollution

I thought the natives hated deforestation?
Why the fuck do they sell the land to forests

*Why the fuck do natives sell the land to corporations

75% ethanol, 25% water and LOX, 1944

The "wise native that loves nature" is a cool movie meme, they're greedy and lazy as fuck.

because they don't actually give a fuck about the land, why should they?

if i was a dirty little tribesman i'd sell the fuckin land too it doesnt give you shit

Why would they care about the forest? They live in the current millennium in actual cities and shit, the actually isolated tribes are extremely rare and not related to the """""natives""""" who pretend to be savages to get free gibs.
Enabling these lazy criminals was just another mistake in a long list of shit our government did.

>land to corporations

Tecnically no, you can actually get royally fucked if you sell to companies, so they sell only to farm owners and they have to do this on low profile cuz it's pretty easy to spot those illegal logging areas.

Why don't you just eradicate the natives then?
They are just a pest

I wouldn't sell my land, because I like forests, animals, etc

>Why don't you just eradicate the natives then?

We tried back when it was considered acceptable, but modern countries have this kind of dislike for ethnic genocide, ya know

>Why don't you just eradicate the natives then?

We don't wanna get sanctioned to death because pussyfied 1st world nations think they're getting opressed by da ebil brazillonz

We have many pests and not enough rat poison, one of those pests being the government itself.

The Maori sold their land because the brits could offer them something better
it's the same case here

I wish westerners weren't beta cucks
The world would be way better if savages were eradicated

Why don't you vote in a better government

Maori didn't sell all their land though
They wanted half of NZ's land to be theirs, which is what the Treaty of Waitangi is partly about

Nature reserves are always dumped on the people who get fucked by it the most by it

"Garden of eden" preservation is outdated and retarded as fuck.

Probably usual chink method
>throw big party
>get natives drunk as hell
>gib tribe leader presents
>get land contract
Now govt can't do anything.

Wait is that what chinks do to southeast asians?
Do they get them drunk to get them to sign contracts so chinks can destroy the jungles

>Why doesnt the Brazilian government give free weapons to all the natives so they protect the amazon
Only me and two far-left parties want everybody armed with a rifle.
The big farmers are crazy, they'll find a place with decent land and pay the cops to kill the natives and the small farmers to raise cattle.

WTF
Why doesn't the Brazilian government stop these farmers that go around shooting people so they can go and destroy more forests for their cattle

Edgy.

Yup then they hand the wood to chink factory owners who can only speak chingchong and told him its from legal sources.
Peasants who speak chingchong and illiterate in Malay/English, alcohol,shell companies are common but effective method as well as tonto, thugs who tail enforcement officers full time and alert their organisation by Wechat and such.

>Maori didn't sell all their land though
They wanted half of NZ's land to be theirs, which is what the Treaty of Waitangi is partly about
Well the Maori did sell some of their land or "lease" it to the Pakhea but they still want to control most of their land. The Treaty made it that if the Maori want to sell their own land they have to sell it to the monarchy first before selling it to the settlers. But this is a 19th century European superpower were talking about so they purposely wrote the Treaty with vague terminology and promises so they can not only easily abuse it but also exploit it as much they can (for themselves of course), hence why the Maori only own 10% of their land today

>The big farmers are crazy, they'll find a place with decent land and pay the cops to kill the natives and the small farmers to raise cattle.
whattafaaaak

Because those farmers are also politicans(or friends with them) in that area.

Their farms are not as big as the ones in center west, but still a problem there(North).

>pay the cops to kill the natives and the small farmers
What?

>duhh evul whitey savages twikked us!!!!!11!

you and thousands more lad
be glad you were ever actually integrated into the british empire
any other time and you simply would have been ethnically cleansed
not to mention the clothes on your back, your housing and food in your overweight stomach are all the product of tha evul whities

Not actualy cops, but Hitmen. Usually former cops or just petty criminals.

it's a very important thing in our history and it keeps happening
we call it "corolenismo", it's still strong here in northeast and in the north, I believe

read these articles, they're pretty interesting and still affect our society:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronelism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cangaço
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampião
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contestado_War

savage

Doesn't the govt care about all the shootings?
At most we have is 1-2dozen dead from assassinations annually.

It's not edgy wanting to save biodiversity

Why doesn't your government stop this?
Surely a Muslim government doesn't want infidels destroying all their forests

That's what I mean, Maori lost land through vague terminology, not by selling it all off

Holy fuck your government is corrupt
You have politicians you use their power to kill people so they can destroy the amazon with no resistance so they can make money

It's not widespread, calm the fuck down. This compared to war on drugs it's fucking nothing.

Like we said earlier, the govt will fuck you hard if you get caught. If not the govt the military will fuck your shit up.

Perú will try their best!

This map shows all the regions in Brazil that have at least some sort of legislation protecting them.
Because there are many natural resources in the forrest, such as iron, wood, even oil. Those grow more and more scarce by the day and are vital parts of the Brazilian economy (for example: iron ores are the second largest Brazilian export). Keep in mind that as of today, most of the companies that exploit natural resources in the Amazon rainforrest are not of South American countries, they are, in fact, foreing owned companies. For example, Vale is the largest Brazilian mining companing and it is owned by no one else but Soros. Also there are dozens of millions of people living in the region. For example, Manaus is the largest Brazilian city in the Amazon, and it has a population of 1.8 million people, and that's just one of the cities.
As a Brazilian who studies Brazil in depth, I can guarantee you that anyone who says all of the Amazon should be a giant nature reserve is either a troll or very naive.

Thanks man
Keep up the good effort

Why don't people realise that biodiversity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>minerals and metals long term
When the entire planet is stripped of its beauty, what the fuck will we do then
It will be a desolate grey polluted dead husk infested by humans

We are stopping them hence exposing these methods but its not so easy to get the big fish when the peasants barely knew about their employers.
Besides its hard to grab tontos since using group messaging is not illegal and these tontos are often disposeable poorfags paid by triads and such.
Besides we have limited staff to handle refugee crisis, pirates, wreck looters, subsidised item smugglers,chinese intruding boat and warships,human traffickers etc to do everything.
Good thing now we have UAVs with long loiter time to spy the loggers and tail them to their factories without them knowing.
There is also the army intelligence unit that operates ground radars to bust logging operations but most of the time they are occupied with other tasks.
Would be nice to have those Burger border patrol predator drones though.

>It will be a desolate grey polluted dead husk infested by humans
Kill yourself then.

Pay whatever money would be lost by not exploiting the land and I will gladly stop cutting down the forest.
You can't just say STAPH and hope it works in this highly competitive world and especially towards a country that relies heavily on land usage and mineral extraction, you are basically asking us to give up on all of our income sources without giving anything back.

>because the military could shoot anyone who does illegal activity in the giant nature reserve

They already do that. I'm not kidding Brazil concentrates most of it's army in the amazon, literal monkeys with guns around that rainforest

I remember when some colombian terrorists attacked a group of soldiers that were eating lunch, it was the last thing they did.

Google "Vilela family" and "Ênio Pipino", I think you can find a few texts in English.They're savages.
The Vilela family are billionaires. Cattle is God to them, they use slave labor, kill natives and destroy small farmers all that.
Pipino used to give food to the natives to gain their trust and, after that, put arsenic in their food to kill and get their land. He also used to sell this land to small farmers and kill them to get it back.

Didn't he do that in the 40's?

>The big farmers are crazy, they'll find a place with decent land and pay the cops to kill the natives and the small farmers to raise cattle.

Nothing of value was lost.

natives are fucking shit they have a fuckton of land and still invade farms and shit they were even making people pay money to pass trough some roads some time ago

They are doing it now. Vilela's heiress (Ana Luiza Vilela) was arrested recently for something involved with slave labor and stealing land. She is out of jail already.

Hm... well, the Natives themselves let them fall for it so there's nothing really they can do. It's in Mato Grosso, right?

Kek, I remember my mom telling me about this.

Her great-grandfather was a coronel, she told me that along with having slaves they also "owned" the entire population that lived in "their" lands, towns, cities, whatever. One of my grandma's sister had a kid with a mongrel so they disowned her and took her along with the baby to some place inland just so she wouldn't bring shame to them.

I think she told me a couple stories about Livramento, how it was pretty fucking dangerous for normal people.

Mato Grosso and Pará.