Why are millennials opting out of college more nowadays after high school and going straight into the work force...

Why are millennials opting out of college more nowadays after high school and going straight into the work force, trade school, military, technical program, or starting a family?

Other urls found in this thread:

profoundlydisconnected.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're not.

that would be nice
in the mean time, read this
profoundlydisconnected.com/

As I understand it, it's difficult to get a job straight out of college, even with, say, an engineering degree.

You have to go past a bachelors to get a decent job, which is about 6 years of school, and I guess some guys figure they'd rather start their adult life sooner.

inb4 anecdotal evidence

>labeling the bras so girls wouldn't get confused

College is dead at the hands of the progressive left. Campus life is an authoritarian nightmare.
Degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Not even STEM is a guarantee.

Higher education is going to be internet based with public and private testing/accreditation centers. If it works for shit like CISCO, it can work for nearly anything else.

Are you retarded? BRA stands for Brazil

> millennial
> not the stereotype

I wanted to get a degree in anthropology. However, it's simply too expensive. I didn't qualify for any serious loans and being a middle class slightly above average intelligence white guy, I had no handouts to accept.
8 years of my life to be perpetually in debt did not seem worth it. Not to mention the social elitism that fills institutions of higher learning.

I opted to go to technical school. 6 months of schooling later and I have a cushy entry level job as IT working for the injuns. Only place to go is up.

> tfw 23 and a fully functioning member of society
> no debt
> no adult daycare
> grow up or shut up

>he fell for it

got back to mexico hombre

>implying I didn't pretend to take the bait for the (you)
Thank you for the (you) hombre

trade school is GOAT

What's wrong with trades schools and technical programs?

i'm too smart for trades. self studied my way through a phd level in math during undergrad (wasnt even my major). self publishing articles on cohomology and algebraic topology. going back to get a masters and network to land some cushy shit in finance.

>Why are millennials opting out of college more nowadays after high school and going straight into the work force, trade school, military, technical program, or starting a family?

because degrees aren't worth shit anymore

I'd say about 97% of my class went on to college.

Not counting votech students of course.

But if I did count them, I'd say 85%.

This is good for people in vocations, bad for those with degrees if you ask me.

This,

I don't know if this is true or not but I can see why, they were told their whole life go to college get a degree get a job, but over the last couple years they realized it is a lie

>Lousy job market
>Student loans

Pretty simple senpai

>wanted to study architecture, too expensive son
>mfw all the men in my highschool class went to uni
>about 1/4 of the women made it through the landmine of early pregnancy
>mfw I earn in a week more than they do in a month
Thank you based dollar rally for doubling my capital since 2014

>he has to suck dick to climb the social ladder

o im laughing

Who are those dong hogs?

me on the left

>As I understand it, it's difficult to get a job straight out of college, even with, say, an engineering degree.

I just studied CS at college. I'm older than most of the undergraduates.

Anyone who got good grades, did internships, really learned shit etc. got jobs. Good jobs.

Some students goofed off in class (why study a hard subject like CS if you're going to goof off). Some had ideas about programming video games until they learned it was actually hard work.

I started at a high-rated private college, dropped out and worked, and went to this medium-rated public college. The kids who did the work there are doing good.

Probably because I don't want to pay for said college for the rest of my life.

It's not that they're worth less now, they're just required, so there's more competition between those who have them.

A bachelor's is the new high school diploma, and it's no longer the magic pill to get a good job.
You actually have to know some shit and be useful to a company with your degree. They can hire 20 other people with your piece of paper so you have to stand out.