Bandcamp thread

old one is a dead thread
yeah, I could've just bumped it but it's not fun being the only one who contributes to the stagnant thread at this point, I won't try to establish the illusion that the thread is still active and one man can't make a conversation

Question of the day (thread actually, because at this rate we will have 5 BC threads every day):
>Which album do you consider your "magnum opus"? Write about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

processsions.bandcamp.com/releases
youtu.be/qOhhqrxDw6M
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/
lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/y-o-u-l-i-t-t-l-e-c-u-n-t
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/niezapominajka-very-raw-demo
rateyourmusic.com/artist/epiglottis
weptmusic.bandcamp.com/
tedrichlendum.bandcamp.com/album/the-american-dream
bariyachi.bandcamp.com/album/until-we-meet-again
nebulamaze.bandcamp.com/releases
clyp.bandcamp.com/album/kyds-at-the-crypt
expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/album/wait-what-drier-than-sea
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/how-the-mighty-have-fallen
jacobhutto.bandcamp.com
catorgan.bandcamp.com
morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/album/kopfpflanze-iii-erste-bl-tter-erweiterte-edition
bluehole.bandcamp.com
youtu.be/BLWdBuLIXqw
nirgal.bandcamp.com/
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/elemantraband/little-heart
airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/album/the-airborn-express
airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/album/entropy
deniskaldesnoen.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=sue4IEcUd_c&
deepwoods.bandcamp.com/music
deepwoods.bandcamp.com/album/maps-and-wires-fresh-pots-split-ep
fuckmejesus.bandcamp.com/album/maps-and-wires
polysemy.bandcamp.com/
amp-music.bandcamp.com/album/46-44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PROCESSIONS / Blush EP

processsions.bandcamp.com/releases

youtu.be/qOhhqrxDw6M

>dreampop
>shoegaze
>lo-fi pop

It's quite pretentious to answer to my own questions, and I couldn't even pick one. The one I'm the most proud of currently is yet to be released, and I'm sure it won't get me famous or anything, maybe I get 2 more "recs" than usual, but at least I like it.

JUST RELEASED
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
>Guitar ambient
>Psychedelic drone
>HNW
>Look mom I can play an instrument, so people wont call me a hack now
>for the fans of Keiji Haino, Spacemen 3

recs

erictaxxon.bandcamp.com/

>experimental mood music
>usually ambient but not always

My best album as of yet is Sky Simplified, I had no idea what I was doing but I accidentally made an extremely emotionally engaging ambient album. Although this album I'm working on right now might be better.

>

I think Bitches Brew by Miles Davis did it for me, it came in my life when I was about to turn 11.
We were on vacation and we found like a 3 CD Deluxe version for very cheap, so my dad bought it. When he played it for me, I was fucking blown away, I still come back to that album every week or two.
Yeah, it's a typical choice for jazz, but it has a very special place in my heart, it taught me to view music in a different way, it showed how just colorful music can be, which was a revelation for a fucking bastard my age, haha. Anyway...
>Industrial Hip-Hop
>Noise
>FFO Death Grips, Aphex Twin, Techno Animal, Merzbow, Whitehouse, Suicide, Clipping, etc...
>It's under 6 minutes, give it a listen

lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/y-o-u-l-i-t-t-l-e-c-u-n-t

REC

Ey, we could kept that thread going for ages on our own :^(

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/niezapominajka-very-raw-demo
>Time's running out
>Some people say it's ambient, one dude put avant-folk genre (which I don't know about)
>Like bedroom music
>Few people like this so far, be a next one!
>Working on something like this but under a different project name; conceptualized to death

Don't forget to review my stuff on RYM
rateyourmusic.com/artist/epiglottis

None of them. Probably my "magnum opus" won't ever happen.

Also, recs

weptmusic.bandcamp.com/

>emo, dream pop

Why not shit up this thread instead? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That one was more aesthetical :

tedrichlendum.bandcamp.com/album/the-american-dream

america

No greentext/america

Yeah, it really has some emotional vibe to it, but I don't think it stands out THAT MUCH in your discography. Anthill is a strong contender.
The bass tone is perfection. Keep up, it's all thick and overwhelming, like how shoegazing should sound.

>america

I just realized I misread the question, what a fucking ass, pardon my stupidity, I'm in desperate need of sleep.
Anyway, I only got one EP, and it was based on a phase that's kinda gone now, but still haunts me from time to time, so it's only like a fragment of my what I wanna do artistically.
Next release will probably be some type of continuation of the sound, but with a much wider range of shit I wanna do/say, but I don't like to promise shit, and I'm still very new to making music, at least making better music.

>pleb
the anthill
>contrarian
my lady
>patrician
sky simplified

bariyachi.bandcamp.com/album/until-we-meet-again

>Bedroom Pop, lofi, plays well with others
>gimme feedback pls

I would change contrarian with patrician tbqhwufam

btw did your album only got recognised here because of that minimalism/maximalism meme?

>NEW
>Theme of Dreams & Nightmares
>Dark Ambient, Electronic, Analogue Synths, Textures, Noise, Granual Spacey Reverb
>Under 16 min
>Give it a Download

nebulamaze.bandcamp.com/releases

Would love to hear your feedback!
Thank you for listening

Reccin

>minimalism/maximalism meme
Spoonfeed me on it senpai

At least we know you've got a good taste

clyp.bandcamp.com/album/kyds-at-the-crypt
Please help us reach our first month goal of 1000 listens, we got more good shit coming out soon
>twin peaks music cover
>my dad is dead cover
>Dennis Wilson rearrangments
>DIY, fun
>pop medley core

GOOD SHIT
how did you get so many supporters
legend
okay heres some feedback just after one listen to the first song. Bump up the bass! its got groove but a bigger more commanding bassline would send this to another eon. I dig the sudden stop with silence, never gets old to me. keep it up. second track now, thats what im talking about.

I'm pretty sure. It was weird.

Anons here on Sup Forums were discussing album covers, and they raised the question "do you prefer your album arts minimalistic or complicated" and they used Eric's album cover to illustrate

Like, you make a 180+ reply thread with OP's pic showing Sky Simplified next to Powerslave, that sure causes some anons to look after the album on the right out of curiosity

oh also my magnum opus will be next year, i feel it

Ohhh, that one...

TOO SOON, I need to release my magnum opus first!

>i need to release my magnum opus first!
id love to see you try hot shot

I estimated the release date around 2030. Come on to the streets ya mingus!

expandingsponge.bandcamp.com/album/wait-what-drier-than-sea

this was when i used to only listen to tool, smoked pot and went to high school. it might be a bit dated, but i feel like i haven't topped the grandiose time signatures, chugging guitars, and "epic" basslines. wrote it all in guitar pro 6.
also wasn't an openly insufferable cunt

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/how-the-mighty-have-fallen

>experimental
>tapeloops
>vaporwave

I don't know it's my magnum opus, but How The Mighty Have Fallen is the best one I've made so far.

recs:

Dude it really is good.
Shame the album cover and the titles suck

jacobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Buds
For me, my Magnum Opuses are either Paw Paw's Songs, Where's The Humanity?, or Into The Storm. I choose those three because that's where for me I felt the most holistic and accomplished and proud of myself, especially when they were finished.

>Paw Paw's Songs
agreed

So I sat down to listen to your stuff and, got to say, things are weird on there. I mean it in a half good half negative light. See, as much as I've enjoyed the tracks I've heard I see them a bit... unnecessary weird-ified? Like, at some of these songs the level of instrumentation is just right but the cluster of noise, voice recording, elements like that are making this whole thing a mess. Got to say that such an abundance of short tracks are making them almost unimportant. Shame to see that this whole release being filled with them. Although I felt dirty listening to Laura Palmer Theme. And not in a good way. But if you have fun then it's all fine. Just wishing I had fun too.

I just wish this haven't got any beats... They just ruin a perfectly good atmosphere.

Give feedback first senpai

This. Is. Not. Experimental.

>Although I felt dirty listening to Laura Palmer Theme
Because of the clutter? I tried to be more stripped down on it

But yeah you're absolutely right dude, i totally fucked it up Centipede HZ style. Which short tracks would you say were the worst

Yeah, clutter and quite inconsistency in terms of presentation.

Not the worst ones but I'll just give you an outline of the ones I've heard so it might give you a clue on what I am on about:

Talk To The Weatherman, Pensacola Free Radio, Problem Ray, Laura Palmer Theme,
Jumpscare Fox, Saving Space

Especially that last one. Holy crap that drum-esque noise is awful

thank you for a listen. means a lot to me.
maybe you are right about beats ruining atmosphere.i know what you mean. yet i had some people actually loving the fact that there is a beat and it compliments the atmosphere. each to their own i suppose. however i really value your input and time you dedicated to listen to my little ep.

>I just wish this haven't got any beats... They just ruin a perfectly good atmosphere.
>Not liking ambient techno

What are...
>Global Communication
>Gas
>The Future Sound of London
>Murcof
>Loscil
>Hecq
>Minilogue
>The Sight Below
>DJ Richard
>Vatican Shadow
>The Orb
Nah, but I don't like ambient techno :^)
Also
>Not liking something with beats made by somebody who could make a release significantly better without them = not liking a specific genre
Jeez Gub, I though you were better than that :(

Eerie silence slew the land of Bandcampia. Is there a hero of shilling that the text foresee?

Are you gonna do this for the foreseeable future now that I mentioned poetry?

'Tis a child's dream to wonder, is it not?

I'm factually boring, yes

you should give feedback in poem form

His every word is a poetry to me :^)

But... wouldn't it be cool to make a series of album reviews in a haiku format...
I should try that one day

hell yeah you should mate
not like any will reply
the weather is shit

The truth of this thing
Is that the weather works when
Mount Fuji is there

>hard to describe
>samples, plunderphonics
>sound collage
>comfy

catorgan.bandcamp.com

I've only released one album so far so that one.

Recommended

morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/album/kopfpflanze-iii-erste-bl-tter-erweiterte-edition

This is probably my best release to date. I made it in 2011. I worked day and night on it. It's far from perfect but that is why it's so great in my mind.

>dark electro
>rhythmic noise
>german lyrics

Recommended!

bluehole.bandcamp.com

>Psychedelic
>Space Rock
>Noise Pop
>Shoegaze
>One Man Band
>I Sing Now
>Music To Watch Rain Fall To

My brother made me a music video! Watch it here: youtu.be/BLWdBuLIXqw

3 songs left to record on the album

Recs:

you're a bit tryhard
also what's this obsession
with the Mount Fuji?

psychedelic rock
a bit too noisy for some
it's real catchy though

Mostly because of the "Know Your Meme" page about it. It's the only legitimate way to end a haiku.
Also fuck you for stealing my idea, I'm going to have a fit about it right now

early birds get the worm

We hope that you'll choke

A lot of people I like posted so heres more recs

>We hope that you'll choke
It's not like you can't write it
It rains on Fuji

It's not like you got the reference (and my fit too) :

nirgal.bandcamp.com/
>drone
>ambient
>harsh noise
>older albums are more pure harsh noise

I dont think I've been doing this for long enough to have one I'd consider a " magnum opus", of the three albums I've done I think each has some aspects that are better than the others and some that aren't as good

Recs

It's past midnight dude
And I'm tired anyway
It's always sunny in Philadelphia

Who cares? You should be a nu-male even that late in the game

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec:
"magnum opus" work in progress

Plz don't die

Let me steer some controversy to kick this thing alive - you all guys sucks monkey balls, magnum opus my ass, you better do anything worth and then even think about your fart opus

buump

sorry shills :)

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>depressive & melancholic tones
>from DSBM and narcotic rock to dark ambient and piano based shit
>most of it is based on suburban misery
>not making music anymore
>when prozac no longer helps

magnus opus? mmm
"Uncontrolled Dreams of Exploding Skies", a huge amount of people loved that one

reccing
dad

here

btw, whats up with that pizza delivery man in the cover?

Whatever you say my dude.
I really like pizza. It's great.

soundcloud.com/elemantraband/little-heart

>alternative rock
>shoegaze-ish
>post-punk (?)
>nu

sorry for the SoundClown link but the whole EP will be uploaded on the 20th to BandCamp. going on a small Northeastern run in July as well, thanks in advance for anyone checking this out

Nice production! Sounds really summery and tight.

nya:weh (thank you!)

haha oops

Bumpity bump

Is this viral marketing?

Finally something new from Elemantra

airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/album/the-airborn-express
>synthwave concept album

airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/album/entropy
>techno concept album

deniskaldesnoen.bandcamp.com/

>dark ambient

>not saying anything about others
I don't know why do you bother anymore

First track:
the sound instantly had me, I loved it. Then I realised it's the same theme repeated over and over, not a finished song. And then it even cut out unexpected in the last minute.
Second track:
same
The third track:
It's finally a song, but the riff is not that good or memorable as in the previous 2

But the best thing is that they don't even to respond to feedback usually, and that's the real problem. These threads will look like made by bots if this goes on

nice digits

just made this today... how'd I do?

>mfw i will never have soundcloud or bandcamp
youtube.com/watch?v=sue4IEcUd_c&

deepwoods.bandcamp.com/music
>record label for experimental music

our newest release is a split ep featuring new music from White Panther and Polysemy
deepwoods.bandcamp.com/album/maps-and-wires-fresh-pots-split-ep

side A of the tape is an ep version of Maps + Wires by White Panther, side B is the Fresh Pots EP which is the newest release by Polysemy

you can check them both out at their respective bandcamp pages:
fuckmejesus.bandcamp.com/album/maps-and-wires

polysemy.bandcamp.com/

>Which album do you consider your "magnum opus"?
because this is a label, all the credit should be given to the artists we produce. Of the ones we've put out, my personal favorite is Holocene by Eschew You

badass album cover

>mfw i will never have soundcloud or bandcamp
Not like it takes effort or money to registrate on those sites, anyone can upload their shit there.
But you are right, it's better to let your music and songs "mellow" before releasing it. This theme is fucking amazing and you've got potential, you could make a dope ass song out of this. The delay effect at the end was perfect too. Aim to stand out somehow, and to catch an aesthetic.
I imagine this song with The Microphones-like whispery, reverbless vocals that make some kind of contrast with the spacy sound of the instruments, also, huge crescendo and more instruments added at the end, so it almost explodes by the end of the song.

i agree, however songs can take years to "mellow"

I will make official accounts everywhere once my female vocalist (hopefully sleepy) adds some whispered completely depressive existential crisis-tier lyrics over the top
what genre? I don't know or even care anymore
I just need to press a full length LP, then i can finally kill myself

Don't rush it.
I know albums that are short, and it took them years to finish, but it surely pays off because those albums remain in history (or at least my heart)

thanks for the input btw
long time lurker here

from /wg/ since 08

>9 years
holy shit dude
I was just a small kid back then, untainted by the internet

Wow, this thread survived the night. Is this some twisted paralel universe or something?

how do you lot go about writing lyrics?
So far my method has been coming up with a melody to go along with the guitar rhythm
then using words that fit into that melody.
It's getting me nohere

How so you all do it?

It's good timing dude
The thread was about to die
I woke up and bump'd

It was always a struggle for me to write lyrics, that's why my music is mainly instrumentals

amp-music.bandcamp.com/album/46-44

>electronic
>downtempo'ish
>disregard the stock photo I used as a cover

Basically what I spent 1-2 months doing during the darkest part of the winter here

I have the same struggle right now. At least from what I can say the more lyrics you write, even to the imaginary tracks, the better the skill goes on. A lot of spoken word helps me as well, a lot of sung poetry too so maybe look for that. The lyrics doesn't have to fit the melody. I would go for more consistent lyrics than fitting ones. Also - find a theme and work around it. It suppose to work wonders.

Wow, that helped him so much :^(

i was 19, we did it for the "lulz"

this is a good strategy ;
i count syllables and try to be as depressive as humanly possible without becoming cheeseball

are you me?

try this
write down all the the feelings and thoughts you have about the topic of your song, and then basically pick and choose which to retroactively jam into the music