What are some albums revered as "classics" that, if they came out today, would not be received with such acclaim?

What are some albums revered as "classics" that, if they came out today, would not be received with such acclaim?

No necessarily albums that aren't as good as we remember, just albums that are products of their times or wouldn't be anything special today because they were only innovative at the time they came out

ITAOTS

It's just standard indie rock released way ahead of its time. If it was released now, literally nobody would care, excepy maybe some people would find the whole anne franke thing funny.

Swans - Sountracks for the Blind. people only pretend to like this garbage album because it kinda sounds like Godspeed but came before them. literally garbage random noise and squeals just an unbearable album

pleb

How is ITAOTS ahead of it's time?
If anything it's retro

says the one who listens to garbage "music"

fuck my dickhole dumbass

Biggie - Ready To Die
It still holds up don't get me wrong, but it would no way in fucking hell be as popular now as it was then.

you're fucking retarded dipshit

i don't think you get the appeal of itaots.
>people only pretend to like this garbage album because it kinda sounds like Godspeed but came before them
congrats on the dumbest post on this board

Silver Apples, White Noise, United States of America

Also lots of "experimental" post-punk bands like Chrome, Swell Maps, Cabaret Voltaire, etc.

Velvet underground and Nico
Joy division

Youre either retarded or a troll

but it doesnt sound like godspeed and it didnt come before

>influences indie rock for the next 10 years
>retro

Kate Bush-Hounds of Love

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the only correct answer in the thread

does your caretaker know that you're on Sup Forums?

GZA - Liquid Swords

36 chambers sound more outdated desu

TVU&N

shut your whore mouth

Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Nerdy funk rock group of all white people. No one would find the appeal today in this day in age

Anything from the 60's

this has to be bait. If that came out today it would be a smash hit, it genuinely doesn't sound dated at all

>smash hit
Okay if you're a faggot Alt-J lover and Twenty-One Pilot listener then maybe

All of these

Don't forget Brian Eno and Adrian Belew - it most likely would be a "hit".

>implying that those two bands aren't insanely popular

All of them, because everyone's trying to copy the classics. They are now classics because they were something different and new at the time. Am I making sense?