/folk/ general

Jazz has one, Classical has one, so why doesn't the oldest and best genre have one?

Here's a general for all things /folk/. What have you been listening to recently?

Someone recommended me 'Astral Weeks' by Van Morrison and I have to say, it's clearly not very accessible but I love it and I cried the first time I listened to it.... which is the only time an album has ever made me do that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IMo66pG2xgw
youtube.com/watch?v=AafBLiEFS8E
youtube.com/watch?v=5UHKUi9nkUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d9gCN9-Jnfg
youtube.com/watch?v=DehychgRSDk
youtube.com/watch?v=ITVRUVCBTmY
youtube.com/watch?v=SxKLtmLFStY
youtube.com/watch?v=NB8pr-OEzJc
youtube.com/watch?v=2GRGqiT1x6M
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I guess this is more a folk revival thread if anything but uhhhh nevermind let's see if both trad and revival can co-exist here

youtu.be/IMo66pG2xgw

this is interesting! the dissonance is pretty meditative
thanks for posting in the new general user ^w^

b-bump?

youtube.com/watch?v=AafBLiEFS8E

Sup Forums only cares about fleet foxes and nick drake memes. folk is dead here.

hey! I know this album but I forgot about it. Wow I gotta listen to this again, really great!

someone just rec'd me this and I'm liking it

youtube.com/watch?v=5UHKUi9nkUQ

youtube.com/watch?v=d9gCN9-Jnfg

Make way for some REAL trad shit, nigs. That singer songwriter BULLSHIT belongs in the TRASH
youtube.com/watch?v=DehychgRSDk

ty

thanks user

youtube.com/watch?v=ITVRUVCBTmY

there's still a wealth of folk I haven't discovered, we NEED this general especially because I wanna move in with my Dixieland bf eventually and I need folk knowho

youtube.com/watch?v=SxKLtmLFStY

lol you mean folk-ROCK

>another rock subgenre general lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=NB8pr-OEzJc

It would be interesting to have a traditional music general including music from different cultures, but a folk general will never catch on desu

Please explain how is in any way rock

Can anyone recommend me some Scandinavian folk? Bonus points if Norwegian

youtube.com/watch?v=2GRGqiT1x6M