Ask a Schizophrenic anything. I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient

Ask a Schizophrenic anything. I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aTHkAsn9lHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you ever done any psychodelic (and which) drug and if so how has been the experience?

Do you fear you may harm someone?

>Have you ever done any psychodelic (and which) drug
I have not. But I intend to try LSD at some point in my life.
The only recreational drugs I've tried are weed and cocaine.
>Do you fear you may harm someone?
No.

And how do those drugs affect your condition?

>No.

Then what's the point of being schizophrenic? What does make you special? What do you feel that sets you apart?

who do you main in super smash bros. melee for the nintendo gamecube?

Why you are such a feg?
Why havent killed yourself yet?

>And how do those drugs affect your condition?
Weed makes me pretty psychotic but makes me feel sane. It's a little hard to explain.
>Then what's the point of being schizophrenic?
...What?
None of your questions make sense, user.

gimme my (you)

>Ask a Schizophrenic anything.
>Schizophrenic
>you've literally made this thread at the exact same time every single day for the past week
>mfw you're actually Alice with MPD

I'm not OP but I can afford to sacrifice one.

>who do you main in super smash bros. melee for the nintendo gamecube?
I didn't play it on the Gamecube, I played on the N64. I don't remember who I played though.
>Why you are such a feg?
Why not?
>Why havent killed yourself yet?
Don't feel like it.
>gimme my (you)
nou
>you've literally made this thread at the exact same time every single day
No, I'm pretty sure I haven't.
>mfw you're actually Alice with MPD
MPD and Schizo are nothing alike user.

thanks

Did you just missgender me?

>Did you just missgender me?
Shit, I didn't mean to offend you, user!

Bumping with some schizo art

when is the last time you showered?

Yesterday morning.
When was the last time YOU showered?

that is not art...

what medication you taking? How big of an improvement does it make?

do you have a liberal arts degree?

I can't shower, the water demons will eat my balls

>that is not art...
Get out of here, Satan. I won't be having any of your negativity.
>what medication you taking?
None, I avoid all medication if possible.
>do you have a liberal arts degree?
Nope.

What are you even talking about?

Are your hallucinations, be it auditory or what have you, present all the time or just in episodes?

Also I've always wondered if my really bad manic episodes parallel schizophrenia, but I know it's way too subjective to actually find out.

yesterday afternoon after a nasty particularly wank session.

My "best" episode had me stand up in class and claim I knew the door, which makes no sense to me now, and then claim it was too loud, which I remember a loud knocking sound which I think was the kid next to me tapping his pencil. Manic depression keeps shit interesting at least. Never know who you'll wake up as.

>I can't shower, the water demons will eat my balls
Shit, you need to get your shower exorcised.
>What are you even talking about?
Heh, At least I wasn't the only one who didn't know what the fuck he was saying.

>Are your hallucinations, be it auditory or what have you, present all the time or just in episodes?
My visual ones are primarily when I have episodes. They still happen when I'm not, but they're much, much less vivid. The auditory ones are kind of always around. I always hear music, voices or an annoying ass ringing in my head.
>Also I've always wondered if my really bad manic episodes parallel schizophrenia
I would imagine they are similar in some regard. But, I myself have never had a manic episode so I can't really say. If you want to explain what it's like a bit I'd be more than glad to elaborate on any similarities.
>after a nasty particularly wank session.
Ew user, that's lewd.

Can you check my dubs for me please?

Nice try.

Ever smoked skunk?
Favourite colour?

Do you ever get 'nice' hallucinations?
Eg: voices telling you "You're a cool guy. Don't do drugs. Stay in school. You have beautiful eyes".

Explain schizophrenia to me, as detailed as possible.

I'm curious.

What's this Chinese cartoon character you're obsessed with? Do they have schizophrenia?

>Ever smoked skunk?
I sure have.
>Favourite colour?
Green

>Do you ever get 'nice' hallucinations?
I've had "nice" auditory hallucinations, like hearing pleasant music or a voice talking about something I found interesting
>Eg: voices telling you "You're a cool guy. Don't do drugs. Stay in school. You have beautiful eyes".
Kek, not quite like that.

Do people treat you differently after hearing you have schizophrenia?

Are you scared of telling people?

Does it affect your everyday life?

Or is it chill af?

>I sure have
Do you think it made the schizophrenia worse? Studies have shown blah blah blah

>Explain schizophrenia to me, as detailed as possible.
That's a really broad request. It's a mental disorder that's categorized by social withdrawal, disorganized thinking and or speech. People suffering from it can (but not always) suffer from hallucinations, both visual and auditory.
I'm sure there's a list of the symptoms somewhere on the interweb.
>What's this Chinese cartoon character you're obsessed with?
Oshino Shinobu.
>Do they have schizophrenia?
No, she's a vampire.
>Do people treat you differently after hearing you have schizophrenia?
Sometimes, I don't really tell many people though.
>Are you scared of telling people?
Nope, I just don't, it makes things easier. The only people I tell are people I am close to.
>Does it affect your everyday life?
It makes it difficult to be social. I often wind up having anxiety or paranoia attacks in social situations.
>Or is it chill af?
To an onlooker it looks chill, I don't display my symptoms outwardly. If I'm having an anxiety attack, for example, no one would ever know.
>Do you think it made the schizophrenia worse?
I'm not sure if it made it worse overall, but whilst I am high it does make it worse.

Studies have shown correlation between smoking and schizo. But no causation. It might be that schizos just like smoking the dank more.
To OP:
You talked about weed, how about the effects of other drugs? I have heard that heroin completely stops the voices that's why there're so much schizos on H. Have you ever gotten violent? Why are you not taking medication? Have you ever had a sexual hallucination?

Can i take a shit on your chest? While a homeless guy fap to us?

If you had a super power, what would it be?

Do you have a job etc?
Ever tried lucid dreaming?
Do you have to see a shrink?

>how about the effects of other drugs?
The only other drug I've tried is cocaine, and it just made me feel like I wanted to go really fast and made my mouth feel funny, and it tasted like shit.
>I have heard that heroin completely stops the voices
That's a pretty big tradeoff though. I'd rather deal with the voices than to be an H addict.
>Have you ever gotten violent?
I have, especially when I was younger. I had no impulse control and if a violent thought came into my head I just acted on it. I got into fights at school and tried to kill my younger brother numerous times.
Now, I still get the thoughts, but I rarely act on them anymore.
>Why are you not taking medication?
Side effects, and I don't take any medication. Not even pain meds, nothing at all unless it's for something life threatening.
>Have you ever had a sexual hallucination?
Yes, I have actually came without touching my dick because of them.

It's obvious. He can bend reality with his mind, duuh.

>Can i take a shit on your chest?
That's nasty user.
>While a homeless guy fap to us?
Why tho?
>If you had a super power, what would it be?
The ability to bend and shape time.
>Do you have a job etc?
No.
>Ever tried lucid dreaming?
I have, but no success.
>Do you have to see a shrink?
No, I don't have to.
Pretty close, actually.

My dogs talk to me, should I be concerned?

Kek

>My dogs talk to me
I think most dog owners say that.

>should I be concerned?
Isn't that something you should decide?

>Yes, I have actually came without touching my dick because of them
your making being skitzo sound fun.i had a sexual hallucination, or more of a sexual blending of the senses on lsd.twas spectacular.

Depends on what they are saying?

Is your name Gabrielle? If that's you why aren't you coming back to us. It's been five years and it still keeps me up at night.

Any skills or hobbies you're particularly good at?
Have you a gf?

I wish I could be schizo. Then I would have an excuse for all my dysfunctions.

>'I came without touching my dick'
Unlikely that's a Gabrielle m8

>your making being skitzo sound fun
It can be, anything CAN be fun though.
>Is your name Gabrielle?
Nope.
>Any skills or hobbies you're particularly good at?
I'm pretty good at reading people, and really good at analyzing stuff. My hobbies mostly include vidya.
>I wish I could be schizo
No you don't.

I see.

That's not really what I was wondering about, actually.
I should've formulated it less broadly.

I know someone that's schizophrenic as well. I was wondering why when they withdraw socially, when they isolate themselves they become.. let's say bitchy. Is it common for schizophrenics to become psychotic and self-destructive? To say things they don't mean?

They always say they regret their words afterwards and apologize but it's very hard to trust someone that can be so hurtful during episodes.

Their hallucinations can be both visual and auditory. I don't know how frequent however I do know shit's frightening.

I don't really know how much it's possible to help a person affected by it, so I'm asking you.
I'm still fairly clueless on the subject but trying to understand it better.

well OP i was schisophrenic aswell 3 years ago, then i did shitload of mephedrone, cocaine, heroin and some mdma + acid for like a year while being on abilify antipsihotic. Then i read a study online how mental illnesses are usually caused by lack of certain mineral/vitamin in the body, so i began using selenium + zync + magnesium + vitamins B complex, C, E, D, went to rehab where I had many hours of talking with my therapist and voila - no meds or psichosis/schisophrenic traits for over a year now, epic win

Is it true that H stops the voices?

>Good at reading people
Give example pls?
>Good at analysis
You mean literary analysis?
Also fave book?

>why when they withdraw socially, when they isolate themselves they become.. let's say bitchy
It's hard to say, as I am not that person. But usually, when someone with Schizo withdrawals it's because they have a lot going on in their head. And dealing with people can be really taxing, and irritating.
>Is it common for schizophrenics to become psychotic and self-destructive?
It really depends on the person, and what kind of Schizo they have. It's pretty common though.
>To say things they don't mean?
Yes.
>They always say they regret their words afterwards and apologize but it's very hard to trust someone that can be so hurtful during episodes.
If they say they didn't mean it, they probably didn't. But, I'm not that person, so I don't know.

>I don't really know how much it's possible to help a person affected by it, so I'm asking you.
You can help a lot by just being around, and trying to understand. If they pull away, don't try to force yourself on them. That will only make things worse. Just let them know you're around, and make yourself known. Try to understand what they're going through.

Well, Schizophrenia can just go away on its own.
There's not a lot known about it, there's no known cause, or cure.
Glad you got past it though.
>Give example pls?
Like being able to read people's "state of mind", knowing how they feel just by looking at them, and watching their movements, the words they use, etc.
>You mean literary analysis?
No, just analysis of stuff in general. Finding patterns in things, etc.
>Also fave book?
I don't read.

Do you have a lot of free time?
Do you know any programming languages?

>Do you have a lot of free time?
Too much.
>Do you know any programming languages?
I dabbled in Java a while back, but not enough to say I "know" it.

well in my case i didnt hear the voices under the effects of H because i was loudly saying stuff that the voices would usually say to me, so while high i would often accuse roomate of being an egoistical dickhead because of reasons and then we would yell at each other. So basicly the effects weren't really what i expected sometimes.
Once i was hanging with a guy, we shot up and then i spent more than 3hours being completely spaced out and talking to nearby bushes because i thought they were people... nice fail huh.

also i dont think voices should be called voices but instead be called 'loud thoughts' lol

Nice dude, Java's where it's at.
If you're living that neet life, you might as well learn it, see if you can make some money on the side.

>Nice dude, Java's where it's at.
I know, I want to learn it, but at the same time I can't be bothered to.

Not being rude, genuine question - why do you make these threads?

>why do you make these threads?
I don't really have a specific reason. It's just to kill some time.

You ever jerked off to that anime girl?

>You ever jerked off to that anime girl?
Nope.

Good morning, user! How have you been? And how was your interview yesterday?

Ever considered making a graphic novel or taking up writing?

but she's so cute

>Good morning, user!
Morning
>How have you been?
Pretty good, can't complain.
>And how was your interview yesterday?
It went fairly well, shit took forever. Gotta wait for a call from them to see if I got the job.
I've thought about it, but I don't like writing.
Yes, she is.

she can also change her from to make Hiitagi mad.

I've talked to you before, you're pretty cool.

>I've talked to you before
Oh? Who.ru?
>you're pretty cool.
You're not the first one to say that.

Just an user. I sometimes talk to you as Araragi but not always

And I'm sure I'm not the first to say that. It's fun to talk to another person who likes the series.

>...Gotta wait for a call from them to see if I got the job.

Good luck to you, user! Can you give a hint of the position you want?

I see.
I really need to finish the series one of these days. I can't bring myself to sit down and watch it though.

>Can you give a hint of the position you want?
Data Input clerk
>Good luck to you, user!
Thanks pal

You'll like Shinobu Mail and Nise. There is a lot of Shinobu in there. How far did you get? You might like some of Koyomi. I enjoy some of the other girls more than Shinobu but she's such a great person. I have a few figurines of all the girls

>Satan.
Are you a person of faith?
Have you considered that you may actually be hearing the voices of good and evil?

I got up to Season 2, Nadeko. It was the last thing that was released when I was watching the show.
I like most of the girls except Koyomi, she's kind of annoying. Hitagi and Shinobu are the two best I think

>Are you a person of faith?
You can say that. I am Pantheist, but I don't believe in any personal God, such as Jesus or Mohammad, etc.
>Have you considered that you may actually be hearing the voices of good and evil?
I do kind of believe that on some level, of the voices I hear, one is "good" one is "bad" and one is "neutral".

Koyomi is the guy's first name. Did you mean Tsukihi or Karen? They both have the last name of Araragi.

Ah so you saw Kaiki handling Nadeko but not the stuff after. Check out Owari you might enjoy some of the Ougi stuff.

>Koyomi is the guy's first name
I meant Nadeko. Had too many thoughts going at once. kek
>Check out Owari you might enjoy some of the Ougi stuff.
I want to rewatch from the start before I continue, it's been too long since I've seen the show. That's the reason I haven't picked it back up yet, been waiting for everything to be released.

>"neutral"
Yep that's "us" in the middle.
The holy and the unholy spirits tugging us back and forth.

Trying to force us to choose.

>Yep that's "us" in the middle.
No, that's not me. There are a total of 4 voices, including my own.

Eh, ignore bake. It ain't helpful if you remember Shinobu and Hiitagi. You can jump in whereever if you remember what Kanbaru is up to.

Owari part 2 is coming out soon. Have you checked out the Kizu movies? They're all Shinobu, Araragi, and Oshino all the past of the series. They'll be fun for anyone who watched bake in the past.

Yeah Nadeko is arguably the worst girl of the series even if she is the most realistic girl. Makes sense when you think about it lol.

>Eh, ignore bake.
I like Bake though.
>It ain't helpful if you remember Shinobu and Hiitagi.
They're my two favorite characters.
>Have you checked out the Kizu movies?
Nope, I haven't seen them. I'll probably wind up watching them at some point.
>Yeah Nadeko is arguably the worst girl of the series even if she is the most realistic girl.
>most realistic
I mean, in some ways she is. But her personality feels just bleh, and overthetop qt. I generally like the quiet cute grill, but not her.
Hitagi actually seems the most real to me, personality wise.

What is your opinion on this song?
youtube.com/watch?v=aTHkAsn9lHk

Do you mean Gabrielle Salsman?

how does someone knows if hes actually developing schizophrenia or its just depression/anxiety?

Nadeko's whole thing is that she is disgustingly cute as a defense mechanism. It is every effective for what it is.

Thats what i mean. If you remember and enjoy hiitagi and Shinobu then rewatching Bake won't reinforce those characters. it is fun to rewatch to see them again but you gotta see the newer stuff to get more insight on the two. I enjoy listening to Bake when I'm drawing. it's such a great opening season.

Watch the Kizu's they're really fun. I'm still waiting for the Kizu 3 on BD.

Oh shit i forgot my doujin.

It's pretty nice. A bit strange.
>how does someone knows if hes actually developing schizophrenia or its just depression/anxiety?
A psychologist is your best bet. If you only have depression or anxiety it probably isn't Schizo.
>Thats what i mean. If you remember and enjoy hiitagi and Shinobu then rewatching Bake won't reinforce those characters.
It's less about reinforcing anything, I haven't seen the show in over a year, and I don't remember anything about the show other than the names of the characters and really vague descriptions about them. Shinobu is a vampire, Hitagi is a self-proclaimed Tsudere, that's it. I won't pick up the show from a random point. That's the whole reason I stopped watching it. I can't stop watching something from season 2 and pick it back up at season 2.
>Nadeko's whole thing is that she is disgustingly cute as a defense mechanism.
It's what makes her annoying. It works on Ararararagi though, cus he's dumb.
>Watch the Kizu's they're really fun.
I plan on it at some point, I just don't know when. I'll probably watch them after I finish the animu.

Fair enough i suppose. i found watching kizu made Bake, as a rewatch, more fun since Tsubasa was more developed. Everyone has their own paces with long running shows. Take your time but I'm sure you'll enjoy either route you take. I hope you have fun rewatching Bake and watching Hiitagi win your heart again.

I am quickly crossing the fade of drunk and sleep. until next time.

Have the voices you hear changed over the years?
Do you have any kind of emotional attachment to these voices?
Do the have names?
Would you miss them in they were gone?