So now that the dust has settled

So now that the dust has settled....

its ace

new ae when?

S O U N D B O A R D S W H E N

Orange ?

I love autechre

dat freulaeux tho

Just as good as the first time I listened to it. Easily my AOTY from 2016.

Feed1 my negers

I prefer this 4 hour monstruosity

way better than exai's safe bullshit and I'll fight you if you disagree

sean is the #1 qt

Post your address loser
Exai has way more variation and general experimentation than elseq does. It's a great album but it feels like they fall back on the same tricks and reverb-heavy sounds too frequently

Exai is pretty reverb laden too

>safe
What constitutes "safe" for ae? It seems like they switch things up almost every album.

>Exai has way more variation and general experimentation than elseq does
not him but huh?

Feels weird to STILL want more material after a 9 and 4 hour album in the span of less than a year but, hey, I do.

He doesn't mean it, he just watched fagtanos review

>latentcall

one of the weaker tracks imo desu

Would've been the high point of their career if it was 2-3 hours instead of 4.

Agreed.

*70 minutes

Eh, I think they'd be cutting out a lot of good stuff (mesh cinereaL alone would account for over 1/3 of a runtime at 70 minutes) and would partially defeat the album's concept/purpose.

What would be your ideal tracklist?

UP NEXT ON CARTOON NETWORK

Why didn't they just make an album or two of the easy shit and a long-ass EP of them noodling around like they have with other periods of their music?

5 album length EPs is indulgent.

Not to the extent that elseq is imo

Alright yeah maybe that's a bit of a stretch. But it feels to me like a lot of the same sounds and textures reappear frequently throughout the album. The reverb is just one example. In my opinion it makes it sound less diverse than Exai, which has shit like cloudline vs Fleure vs irlite (get 0).

I love the concept and I think it's one of their most interesting releases to date but in terms of personal enjoyment Exai edges it out for me.

I don't see why being indulgent is inherently a bad thing