Is it just me or has South Park completely lost its touch?

Is it just me or has South Park completely lost its touch?

I feel they are overdoing it a little and trying to blend in with the trends too much.

I've enjoyed everything up to season 15, after that its become dull and uninteresting.

Perhaps its only me, maybe I'm getting old.

Other urls found in this thread:

longingfordeath.wordpress.com/category/why-white-men-like-asian-women/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree.

Personally season...maybe 3-4 onwards up to around 13-14 was all good. The later series' have a few memorable highlights but otherwise meh. People will argue that the older fans aren't evolving with the show, but I don't care. I liked South Park the way it was; unpredictable, outrageous, bizarre and original.

Wow great thread idea, discussing if a tv show has gone down in quality. Fag.

Each episode feels the same these days. They're really uninspired and less cartoony. Boring. The last season they spent multiple episodes preparing to go to Mars. In the old episodes they would have gone to Mars and back five times before the first act break (not really, but you get the point).

I think it's still pretty good, since it tackles stuff happening right now.
It hits snowflakes right where it hurts, like it always did, tray and Parker are always on topic

i also heard though they are going to try to go back to "the good old days" this next season

All us older fans feel about the same. Unfortunately there are plenty enough little shits enjoying the new layout to keep them funding their new crappier episodes.

Whatever their names are, English is not my primary lang

Source? You're not just talking about them ceasing the serialization, right?

i stopped watching after they had pewdiepew in it.

its been going downhill ever since about the 5th season but after pewdiepew i just fucked off.

But, it was sarcastic, quite beautiful

It's not as good as it was but I thought the last season was amazing. I'd rather it went back to individual episodes though because it's a pain in the ass having to watch an entire season to understand the story...

You seem lile a smart guy op. If you got to direct south park what would the episode be about. Remember, simpons and family guy have done a ton of shit, and south park has coverd alot. What episode would you make that would be new and fantastic

i thought this at first but watching the last season or two again when all the jokes werent topical its kind of shit, like bigt bang level reference humor

Really (?)
I thought they knew what was going to happen, before it did, like /b.

My only issue is what Matt and Trey have stated before that they've gotten offers from some crazy famous actors and actresses to be in the show as voices. They usually turn them all down or gave them some shitty roll such as George Clooney doing a cat or a dog or something like that in the earlier seasons. Then they go and cast PewDiePie in an episode giving him more fame which he barely deserved to begin with.

Trey only had him in it for his son.

Kek
>Let's make fun of a dude my son is a fan of

OP here

I can confirm

But still. Fucking pewdiepie. A faggot gamer with a big mouth hits the big screen.

Like this guy said. The show is for the next gen kids of today who are half retarded and entertained by the most useless shit. Pewdiepie plays a big role in that community.

Huh?

He actually had him in the show as a guest star. He also got Pewdiepie to make a personalized message for his son for Christmas. Source: dvd commentary.

If you guys can think you can do better then matt stone and trey parker, then write a plot and we will rate how horrible it is, proving you guys arnt creative enough to critisize the show for sucking.

It's more subliminal though (message targeted at more people 23-30).
You agree?

The new game actually looks inspired though. It's like it was made in a different era. Same with stick of truth.

Still, it's quite funny

Im not a fan of pewdiepie but matt and trey giving an independant youtube guy a chance to be on their show is kinda cool of them

It used to be, but not anymore.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker's humor has decayed.

Ok, can't argue with that since - opinion

I will say this; they should step out of south park and musicl stuff and do another goofy flick. They are funny by themselves

I've never been a fan of shows that use their popularity to push personal opinions. I feel as though South Park does only this is recent seasons.

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin...

They know their new stuff sucks but the contract is ez money and the show is ez to do. They dont even have to do voices anymore its all audio clips from previous shows. they write the episode plot and let the chinks put it together. Why the fuck would you want to give up that much money and that little work

Watching a whole season following a storyline, is giving so much more comedic gravity on reality.
Priceless.

But unicorns are kickass!

>giving an independant youtube guy a chance
you sound like he was an unknown dude trying to make it instead of a youtube millionaire

>Is it just me or has South Park completely lost its touch?
no
>I feel they are overdoing it a little and trying to blend in with the trends too much.
They have always done this.
>I've enjoyed everything up to season 15, after that its become dull and uninteresting.
That's what happens when you watch 15 seasons of a cartoon
>Perhaps its only me, maybe I'm getting old.
Probably, as you get older you tend to give less of a fuck about current events and satirical humor.

I just keep watching the show to see if cartman comes out of the closet

Alright, everyone, back in the pile.

He'll definitely do that, so he can use the "privilege" of being gay in social situations

They ran out of original ideas and instead went full time with parody, satire and social commentary. This hurt their unique and bizarre style of comedy.

Scott Tenorman Must Die episode was the peak of the show.

My sides-

He's not just sure he's gay.
>he's HIV+

Isn't Trey married to an Asian woman?

Living the dream

It's called growing up.

It's what happened in the election, as people get older they gravitate to republican. As they are younger they gravitate toward democrats.

South park hasn't changed, you have. Your views are different. Southwark views are the same.

You are starting to realize it is propaganda, congrats on growing up.

The problem is chef is gone.

Is there a spaceship to recover my sides' fragments (?)

They can churn out an episode in a week, and use this to tackle current events.
Unfortunately, that's all they do now.
Yet another show that should have hung it up 10 years ago but keeps churning out episodes because money.

this

You made it further than I.
I couldn't take it after episode 11-12'ish. However, before that it was awesome

longingfordeath.wordpress.com/category/why-white-men-like-asian-women/

Making fun of social trends is like replying on a thread on /b.
Seems like standard satire, not propaganda

I've found personally I enjoy satirical humor more, and care about politics more then I did in my youth but we are all different...I also understand the geographical-political struggle as a larger concept. Basically globalization vs nationalism.

>goes to nice restaurant
>doesnt like the meal
>cant complain because he isnt a professional chef

your logic.

This so much. Also serializing it ruined it for me. Also when watching it on laptop the whole season about adds while Hulu forces you to watch adds.

grown ups vote Trump

they made fun of Obama election too

When chef left the show became different

I hate when people say this.

"The show hasn't changed, YOU have."

If the show hasn't changed, why can we all watch the old episodes and still find them way more entertaining? Let me guess, nostalgia, right? Yuck, fuck off.

If you can't see the propaganda using satire, you're not adult yet.

I agree!

It's called nostalgia

I guess-

Perhaps then, South Park is too "on the nose" and crude to be funny for that as we mature.

They have consistently hated Hillary though. And for once, she's right, it was misogyny

He cheated on her with a stripper, and he's now raising her black son. No joke.

Rose tinted glasses are a magical thing.

This is obviously a joke, but you:

You're a moron.

Is "the end of serialization" still the most recent episode? If so, I withhold my judgement to see what the new season will bring.

However, I didn't care for the last season with the exception of a few episodes.

hulu doesnt force you to watch ads anymore. they have had an ad-free option for years.

These guys are better.

Its trying g to be relevant, and I don't like how the town has to deal with "PC frat guys" or whatever they are.
They are trying to get relevant, and that's well and good, but its too much of a change. Its no longer a hick town, its a little city.

Taste

>with the exception of a few episodes

not trying to be funny, but how do you even tell them apart

that whole season was a blur of nothing to me, each episode indistinguishable from the last.

I might be a moron, but I'm correct.

When are they going to make fun of juggalos and their upcomming march

why is it wrong to hate Clinton?

Yeah...just like the real world, I wish the PC crowd would fuck off. Think that's the point.

Taking terrorist threads in - they're godly.

like Le pen

Find an episode about politics in season one.

Find an episode that's not about politics from last season.

the show has changed

▲▲

>season 15

That's the problem right there

It's what's trending.
By itself, that's funny.

They have ben making fun of saddam and bill clinton forever, uve must have ben born in 2000

the world has changed.

You're not correct. I watched a season 4 episode I hadn't seen before the other day, and laughed way more times and was more entertained from watching South Park since I can remember.

Politics were a big thing at the time of last season.
Trump Vs Hillary was internationally HUGE

first season was mostly infantile gore shit anyways

VGhlIFNpZ2lsIFNlYXJjaGVzIEZvciBUaGUgRW5kbGVzcyBMaWZlIFN0cmVhbQ0KQWxsIExhc3QgQ3JpdGljYWwgSGVtaXNwaGVyZXMgRW5kIE1vcmUgWW91dGhz

>politics
>saddam fucking hussein

Yeah, that's not really what we're talking about. And Bill Clinton showed up for what, about 5 total minutes of screen time for a few short gags?

Wait, the season is meant for people that are half retarded? I can't say that that sounds right user. The references and jokes in the new season were definitely on topic and were pretty insightful for the current generation.

Could be worse.
Could be watching Drawn Together.

They ben making fun of saddam since s13e11

>posts episode from season two

or family guy.

*S1e11

>The show is for the next gen kids of today who are half retarded and entertained by the most useless shit
You sound like my dad when the show first came out kek
Tell me you were drinking a beer and hitting my mom when you typed that

Neu deu fad

Ok, ok, my sides have gone four-dimensional trips