Why did Brits dominate the 1980s music scene so hard?

Why did Brits dominate the 1980s music scene so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

vice.com/sv/article/pc-music-are-they-really-the-worst-thing-to-ever-happen-to-dance-music-clive-martin-017
theguardian.com/music/2015/may/02/pc-music-dance-music-collective
pitchfork.com/thepitch/485-pc-musics-twisted-electronic-pop-a-users-manual/
rollingstone.com/music/features/pc-music-are-for-real-a-g-cook-and-sophie-talk-twisted-pop-20150522
spin.com/2014/12/pc-music-sophie-qt-ag-cook-trend-of-the-year-best-of-2014/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because of talent?

CREATIVITY!

That perfect mix of bad aesthetics, bad fashion sense and sterile, flaccid synthesized pop music was absolutely the perfect platform for the lackadaisical Brits to shine.

Wake me up

British pop music > American pop music beause Britons have class consciousness desu, none of the ever-present American snowflake bullshit

Brit Music peaked from 1967 to around 1994. Then all went downhill (except Radiohead)

Yep.

What we lack in class and wealth-standing consciousness we make up for in social and race consciousness, which you severely lack in. See how it balances out?

>60's: Beatles, The Kinks, King Crimson, The Zombies, Syd Barrett, The Rolling Stones
>70's: The Clash, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Nick Drake, Joy Division, Led Zeppelin
>80's: The Smiths, The Stone Roses, The Cure, Kate Bush, Talk Talk, The Jesus and Mary Chain
>90's: Radiohead, Portishead, Slowdive, Massive Attack, Blur, Depeche Mode
>00's: Radiohead (again), Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys (?), Franz Ferdinand (?), Coldplay (?)
>10's: Alt-j...

What the hell happened after the turned of the millemium?

inorite, they don't even use real instruments now

Brits moved to electronic music as rock music is dead

But there isnt any electronic influencial act. The last ones where all from the 90s trip hop and IDM

Even if you have shit like grime and electronic music the brits have flopped so hard this decade
Almost every single modern relevant and acclaimed musician is American or Canadian

Because you only know rockist electronic music. You can't do no research into electronic music and expect to know shit

Yeas. Even Australian or New Zealand acts like Tame Imapala or Lorde are more critically aclaimed and popular than any British act (except Radiohead).

>influential
>acclaimed
lls who cares

>social and race consciousness

Ah yes, well known for creating wonderful musical genres

>IDM = Rock

Are you retarded? Name on critically aclaimed British electronic act from 2000 to today. You can accept that music fron your country is dead.

Better than belated white-guilt and a flood of memerap with no quality control because that would be racist.

well, rap's current platform is based on the latter and it is rap's golden era so

yeah

Yeah the foundation of punk, house music and roughly 90% of black music of the 20 and 21st centuries (blues, funk, jazz, hip-hop). Well known indeed.

>Then all went downhill (except Radiohead)
Are you trying your best to look like you just blew in from Reddit?

what are you talking about? the biggest artists of the 80s were artists like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Springsteen, Prince, and Whitney Houston.

All suck

SOPHIE, Hannah Diamond, AG Cook, and basically anyone in the PC Music label or associated with PC Music

try again friendo

MJ and Madonna for sure but the other 3 were still big but not on the same level overseas. Prince and Whitney for a time maybe, but only MJ and Madonna were established worldwide icons.

>it is rap's golden era so
Hip hop poptimism at its finest

lol yeah dude joke pastiche music
Actual best thing these Brits can come up with

A buch of no ones. kek. America won loser.

Everyone was upset about Margaret Thatcher. Gave them something to rebel against

i'm assuming this guys a retard. is PC music really critically acclaimed electronic music by electronic music fans? it's considered good electronic music?

how the fuck can you even argue against that when Kendrick Lamar and Chance the Rapper are releasing music? Even lesser quality acts like Anderson .Paak, Kanye West, and Azealia Banks are releasing better music than the majority of the 2000's and a lot of the 90's

get outta here

60's>70's>90's>80's

They all suck compared to Aphex Twins, Massive Attack or The Prodigy

Brit Music died. Accept it

I mean, critical acclaim is quantifiable and they don't lack in that front

vice.com/sv/article/pc-music-are-they-really-the-worst-thing-to-ever-happen-to-dance-music-clive-martin-017

theguardian.com/music/2015/may/02/pc-music-dance-music-collective

pitchfork.com/thepitch/485-pc-musics-twisted-electronic-pop-a-users-manual/

rollingstone.com/music/features/pc-music-are-for-real-a-g-cook-and-sophie-talk-twisted-pop-20150522

spin.com/2014/12/pc-music-sophie-qt-ag-cook-trend-of-the-year-best-of-2014/

these are literally the first articles that come up when you search PC Music

I agree with AT, but MA is severely overrated.

"You" don't agree with anything unless a critic told you to or not.

i know that magazines like them, but they also think trap is good. do electronic fans/critics generally think pc music is a good representation of quality electronic music?

this

yeah sure friendo :^)

Also, considering that p4k gave "Product" like a 4 and it was my favorite album of 2015 I really wouldn't say that about myself

>PC music really critically acclaimed electronic music by electronic music fans? it's considered good electronic music?

I misread that part, my bad.

I mean, as an IDM and EDM fan that also has friends who enjoy IDM and EDM, we love PC Music (and SOPHIE) quite a bit. Although that's anecdotal, I don't think we're the exception.

wait p4k gave it a 6.6 my bad

still tho, I wouldn't say that music publications change or influence my opinion as much as your weak argument needs them to

60's - 00' you mean??? now I've never been, but I can't imagine there's much else to do in the great british isles but to try and be creative in some way... amirite here britbongs?

probably something to do with thatcher

>it is rap's golden era so
Lol what planet are you on shit is trash right now (at least for mainstream hip hop in the US)

Dunno about you fags, but British punk was goddamn dead in the 80's.