Why did Prometheus start killing people?

Why did Prometheus start killing people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOw7EuiFz0k
youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

green

Because David accidentally said "KILL US NOW YOU FUCKING BALDY"

Just felt right.

Like when you smash a spider.

Where's the sequel? Is what I want to know.

>when you nut etc. etc.

next year

The script called for it. Nothing more.

Infected with an alien embryo, he was awaiting medical care and was pissed that they woke him up, at least as it was explained In David Spaihts's original script.

Wasn't there a deleted scene which explained that part more or not?

"Go on up, you baldhead!"

Who /hype/ here for Alien: Covenant?

Wayland's request for longer life triggered him so he gave them the opposite of what they wanted.

I thought Prometheus thought he was superior to humans because his people created or helped to create humans.

There was, Weyland said that they were equal (him and the engineer) because both of them created life. Then he presents David and the engineer rips his head and goes into a rage.

'It was just a prank bro'

That honestly would have been better than that one bitches abortion facehugging the Engineer.

Because of what David said.

This man sucked your dick while you were sleeping and we all just watched.

We killed jesus who was one of their own.
In doing so we lost the right to exist.
They sent an attack fleet but one of the weapons leaked and the only survivor was locked in stasis.
2k years probably isn't a big deal to them, he started back up with his mission to kill the roaches and realized there were roaches in his ship.

>attack a planet with proto Xenomorphs
>by the end of the war end up with a planet completely covered with xenomorph hives and completely uninhabitable by sentient life

Why would they use Xenomorphs as bioweapons? Wouldn't they want to use the planet afterwards?

I honestly would have preferred that Blomkamp Alien movie going into production tbqh

>smash a spider
>you can hear it pop
gross

The alien killed them for an action scene, any other meaning was inserted after the fact by viewers desparate for the movie to make sense.

>"DIRTY COMMIE SCUM GET OFF MY HARD EARNED LAND I EARNED WITH MY OWN SWEAT TEARS AND FECES GET OUT OF HERE WE DONT SUPPORT RUBLE HEADED BASTARDS LIKE YOU THIS IS A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY WHERE WE DONT SHOVE OUR HEADS INTO BEARS ASS AND DRINK POTATO JUICE ALL DAY U LIL KALASHNIKUNT I BET I CAN REK U IN A RACE OWP SORRY ALREADY HAPPENED COSMONAUT MORE LIKE KOSMO-NOT AMIRIT HYUK HYUKHYUK GO BACK TO YOUR BREAD LINE HAR HAR MEANWHILE ILL BE HERE TEACHING MY SON HOW TO RIDE MY BIKE AND MEET JOHNSON IN THAT PRESS MEETING WE HAVE O LOOK IM GETTING A CALL FROM HIM RIGHT NOW OH HELLO JOHNSON HOW IS THE BUSINESS REPORT GOING SPLENDID MHM YES INDEED WELL IVE FINISHED PAYING MY BILLS AND GOING TO PLAY BILLIARDS SEE YOU AT WORK CLICK"

They were amoral scientists that didn't see Humans as anything more as experimental subjects to do with as they wished. We were lab rats to them even though we had reached the point were we could travel the stars and create artificial people.

just wait for the xenos to starve to death.

Why did God flood the earth?

I think that the deleted scene was David explaining to the engineer that "He(Weyland) wants more life." David also intimates that Weyland created David.

In the beginning of the film Elizabeth and Charlie speculate that Jesus Christ may have be alien and that these aliens created humanity. They further postulate that these aliens were the engineers who may have become upset with humanity because we killed one of its ambassadors.

The triggered prometheus because not only has humanity survived its own stupidity, it can now spread its stupidity having mastered via interstellar travel AND is so arrogant that it created androids in its own, flawed image.
Prometheus just saw red after that.

genetically engineered to die after a certain amount of time

its also extremely dumb wiping out non-intelligent life also

>wait for a creature that eats and breeds with any form of life to starve

To wipe out the Nephilim

Man was too noisy.

How arrogant of them to think only they had the right to spread life across the stars.

that's what white people do

Why are the engineers white? Shouldn't they be black like Yakub?

You dipshit made the same thread yesterday! Mine it out from the archive!

not really, they seemed to know what they were doing

Thats the kind of guy that would consider the nordics to be shitskins

They seem to be the first race to evolve in our little corner of the universe. It's not surprising they use the same logic that older people use to dismiss what younger people think.

>Prometheus was actually a white supremacist
>Their ambassador was not Jesus but Hitler
>His super-senses allowed him to sniff out that Weyland was 1/10 Askhenazi Jew

It all makes sense now

Until they fucked up and went extinct.

Makes sense.

Imagine you wake up to find one of your science experiments has interrupted your sleep. The small, insignificant things have not only gotten out of their cage(earth) but have come into your house. They've shit all over the place and released other experiments to run free. They've also created artificial life, mimicking themselves.

How dare these little shits think they're on the same level as their creators! Basically he went full REEEEEEEEE.

>Why does God kill people

Some questions are better left ambigous.

The same as the answer to the other question:

>why does God create people

Because God is a person. They don't know what the fuck they're doing any more than you do.

>Why did Prometheus start killing people?

His name was not prometheus, he was an "engineer". Prometheus was the name of the ship

bruh that stoner logic is just to much

Because Adam ate the fruit of knowledge and became mortal

Because we are his children

Seriously have none of you read the Bible?

>being this new

>Because Adam ate the fruit of knowledge and became mortal

so God has been punishing the entire species for Adams mistake?

what a douche

>Because we are his children

How can that be the answer to the question 'why does god create people?'?

>Seriously have none of you read the Bible?

I have. Well, Vulgate and King James, not the real Bible.

>this guy is completely serious

Yes and then Jesus came to absolve us from that sin.

And now we live eternally in the kingdom of heaven

>How can that be the answer to the question 'why does god create people?'?

Why do people have children?

youtube.com/watch?v=QOw7EuiFz0k

The movie was bad but I'm pretty sure it didn't kill anyone.

why doesnt prometheus have nips?

sweet little white nips

>Why do people have children?
It's a biological imperative. Im not sure how that answers the original question though.

What if it's a divine imperative?

Is that what your asserting or just asking me a question?

>mom i posted it again!

Sup Forums becomes more and more like a forum when people keep remaking the same threads literally daily

Rhetorical question, since divinity implies us not being able to comprehend it.

Because getting eaten by your own xenomorphic bioweapons is a clear indication you know what you are doing... (Nevermind apparently being masters of genetic engineering, yet somehow not having biological immortality, thus requiring sleeping pods.)

My take on it was that the Engineer at the beginning of the flick was some sorta renegade megalomaniacal mad scientist out to seed an entire world with his DNA in ritualistic suicide. That the various cave paintings and such pointing to the target planet were some sort of encoded genetic memory. Perhaps even a forward thinking one, realizing that when the Engineers caught onto what he was doing, and would rain death on his "children" this would be the planet they would launch their assault from. Thus he was hoping his progeny by proxy would advance enough go there, and nip the extermination plan in the bud, before the other Engineers had discovered what he had done.

Explains some shit - though not the altars these guys build to their bioweapons... Though maybe these guys are just extremely ritualistic in general.

Well lets at least attempt. After all He apparently wants his children to understand his word, why not him?
The divine being has no imperatives. Abrahamic God is omniscient and omnipotent, it cannot possibly 'do' what it does not want to 'do'. Its actions are free from the constraints of a physical body (or rather the relationship between the mind and the body)

Circle of life

>some wrote all this inane shit

this movie was made well but it is not a good movie.

It was good for the first ten minutes...

Once they landed, everyone went full retard, and it turned into your average teenage horror movie ripper shit, for no apparent reason.

They damned well better explain that all the sleeping pods were defective prototypes, and caused everyone severe brain damage - that's just about the only explanation that'd let me excuse it at this point.

Can we admit that this movie was just bad the way it was?

>Can we admit that this movie was just bad the way it was?

Completely agree, this movie was lame

>xenos eat and breed with all life on the planet
>die out

They're designed and used to kill everything you dumb injun, and once they do, what will they eat? how will they reproduce?

(cont)
Why does God kill randomly? Why did he make us so flawed? Why has he tried to kill humanity (on more than one occasion), If God is so merciful, then why send people to hell?

To be Omniscent and Omnipotent would mean that everything that transpires in our reality does so at the direct action or consent of God.

Guy seems like a douche.

the end credits literally say his name is prometheus

The "altar" makes me think that they discovered the Xenomorphs rather than created them. It could be that they viewed the Xenomorph as the pinnacle of evolution. Most species need tens of thousands of years and natural selection for physical traits to take hold in a population. The Xenomorphs can do so simply by infecting a new host.

Tip top reference my dude

>white people were still alive
>tried to play god creating androids
He needed to kill them all before they destroyed more stuff. Things would have went smooth if he saw this man instead

2bh, Elba's character was pretty lame too. His Southern accent and working-class person and vocabulary were too exaggerated and felt downright silly. He wasn't as bad as some of the other characters, but another problem with the script to be sure.

No, I liked it

you can like a bad movie

>discover rather than created
I say it was both, a serendipitous creation. Perhaps the xenomorph is like a singularity when it comes to life being effected by the goo, and the xenomorph a aren't affected by the goo

I dont think it was a "great" movie but I felt it was better than Alien 3 and 4.

now you are shit for sure

why not?

If you are going to say that prometheus was bad atleast admit that Alien 4 was bad too. I still liked it but it was not that great.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
> Once I tried to run, tried to run and hide
>but Jesus came and found me, and touched me down inside
>He is like a Mountie, he always gets his man
>and he'll ZAP you anyway he can

I viewed the second form of the Black Goo found on LV-223 as a flawed attempt to mimic the Xenomorph's ability to rapidly evolve. It is probably based on Xeno DNA due to its giving those infected by it some Xeno traits like hyper-aggression, durability and a tendency to rape faces.

Ron Perlman, Man

RON PERLMAN!

WE WUZ KANGS EN SHEEET!

And tuco

Best character comin' thru

We Wuz Enganeerz!

It was def better than Alien 3 and 4.

Fair enough, I like the fact the movie is purposely vague and either of use could be right, or both wrong.

That's what I like about Prometheus, it's kept things a mystery while still giving us info

just not

Any idea would have been better than most of the ideas they went with in the film.

Man I was beyond exited for Prometheus, It could have been so good with just a few changes.

Who says it would have been xenos? The goop does all sorts of weird stuff.

Though then the earth would just be infested with all sorts of other shit than xenos

Yes, atleast better than Alien 3 for sure

of course is better than Aliens for sure

I think this is the right answer, Imagine you created this smaller life form in your own image, but it was lesser, flawed and pathetic in many ways (even though it served its purpose) and then some time down the road that creation starts to think of itself as equal to you. It is this ignorant and obnoxiously determined abomination and is now forcing itself into your world. I'd exterminate it too if i was an engineer.

MAN PROMETHEUS SHOULD HAVE BEEN SO GOOD AAAAAAAH!!!

But it was all the shit surrounding that stuff that was dumb and incredibly poorly handled.

Even the art direction of all the human technology was just bad in my opinion. Like Alien had a really defined look, (i know that was mostly due to the 80's aesthetic but it still felt different than most other sci fi's) prometheus's human tech designs, aside from the bubble head suits, were utterly forgettable.

no