What kind of person voluntarily drives a Saturn?

What kind of person voluntarily drives a Saturn?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Mokka
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they are cheap decent cars. my sister had one and it had 250k miles on it before she got rid of it

What kind of person voluntarily acts like a faggot on the internet?

poor people that want a decently reliable car.

I had a '99 sl2 that went 250k+ miles before it died

my dad has a blue saturn ion
It alright but whenever i go over 60 it feels like its gonna flip over

I hit a saturn broadside with my 4runner once. I was going idle speed and I shit you not the saturn looked like it was bent in half. The only noticeable damage to my 4runner was a minor scuff on the plastic bumper and you could sort of tell the panel fitment was off.

Don't u dare they are great cars

Poorfags and students (frugal parents)

They are pretty much the best shitboxes.

Terrible to drive but they dont fucking quit if you have an aptitude to fix things.

I guarantee most of the ones that have been junked that aren't totaled (which is quite a few) could have been saved with basic mechanical Knoledge.

Anyone who needs a cheap reliable car. I was up in the mountains driving the twisties in my accord coupe, stopped at this little hiking shop where a lot of people like to stop and grab a soda and check out the sport bikes and parked next to a guy with a $90K Nissan GT-R that died waiting on a flatbed to take it back down the mountain. Don't knock people for living within their means. And don't criticize a cheap car for looking cheap. I put 200K miles on my Saturn back when I was coming up and was broke like 15 years ago. I wish they made more cheap and reliable cars.

why the fuck is a plastic go-kart so reliable? where did they go so right?

It's made with plastic. I would be scared shitless in that car because I know it wouldn''t save anyone

Saturn station wagon checking in, im in pizza delivery its efficient

Fuck you bro, I had a 2000 Saturn SC coupe like pic related, same color. I paid 4500 bucks for it, had 70K miles. I put another 100K on it before I wrecked it. It was cheap and fun.

I have no idea
>Leave the keys in it because nobody would steal it
>Oil changes whenever it starts running like shit? Probably 12k miles, no problem.
>Park it anywhere because it doesn't matter what happens to it

GUYS,

YOU CAN PUT 200K ON ANY OLD HOOPTY CAR

It doesn't mean a plastic death trap that falls apart from a dead GM company that failed miserably is a good car.

Oh and every car from that era has loads of miles on it.

These arguments can be said about an old Civic or Corolla. Or by anyone who's first car was a piece of shit and they tried to make the best of it by defending it. It's a Saturn.

You're either a ricefag or just plain fuckin stupid bro. What are you basing your statements on? Also, please show me a car that isn't clad in a shit ton of plastic. Back in the 90s when this car was popular, most cars were plastic death traps. Show me a 90s Ford Taurus that wasn't a complete fuckin turd. Name me any car made in the 90s for under 8 grand brand new from the factory that was better than the Saturn. I'll go take a shit while I wait for your enlightened response.

Totally believable story.

I would show the damage to my 4runner as proof but it's not visible anymore. Rear passenger door of saturn was folded up and stuck open, rear quarter panel of saturn fell off the car, rear bumper fell off the car, front door appeared to be crushed and stuck shut and I'm fairly certain the unibody was significantly bent.

All the panels on a Saturn aren't structural in any way, so unless you really did fucking it up behind them the car is fine

I currently own an Ion and would voluntarily buy an Ion Redline. Fight me faggot

Yea like I said the car looked significantly bent in general afterwards. It was a road rage incident, he had pulled up next to me spouting off at the mouth and I was stopped, after I got tired of his shit I just let my foot off the brake to move on about my day and he sped up and cut his car in front of me like a maniac. I probably pushed his car for 20 feet before I even realized what the dumb ass had done but I never even put my foot on the gas.

>hits car
>doesn't realize you hit a car for a few seconds
you probably shouldn't be driving

eh, I realized it but it was just something so unusual that it took me a few seconds to process it before I reacted...plus the guy was being a douche so he deserved to get his car fucked up anyway...I have a brush bar that took most of the impact so I wasn't too worried about it.

A poor person

This guy

>Saturn
>person

you're doing an awful lot of implying here

>Name me any car made in the 90s for under 8 grand brand new from the factory that was better than the Saturn.

I can't, because I'm not basing my standards on a car on how cheaper than $10,000 it was in the 90s. But speaking of plastic death traps, did you forget all the cars that AREN'T made of plastic? It's not so much that it's plastic on the inside, it's that the body of the car is plastic.

No dents! Yeah, but that doesn't mean much of anything when your car falls apart after a crash and you lose your legs.

My Saturn is fucking falling apart. Transmission kinda slips, I treat it really gentle. It's gnarly and ugly and has around 180K miles. If it was in good condition it'd be a nice little plastic Barbie car

People who appreciate affordable quality

Yes, cars of today can get around 200,000 miles- but honestly, anything over 100,000 without at least one major repair is just luck.

My 2012 Camry has 160k and nothing needed but tires and a belt. My 2005 Toyota didn't need anything but tires and a belt too. Don't buy shitty cars from Detroit and you'll be fine.

if you do routine maintenance like youre supposed to its not a problem. oil changes, brakes, new tires/balancing/rotating. as long as you actually follow the instructions in the book they give you, 250k+ is nothing.

THEN WHY BUY A FUCKING SATURN?!

YES, IT'S YOUR FIRST CAR. YOUR MOM BOUGHT IT FOR YOU. YOU GOOGLED IT A BIT AND JUSTIFIED IT SO YOU WOULDN'T CRY WHEN YOUR FRIENDS SHOW YOU THEIR BETTER CARS.

Then 5 years pass by and you're beginning your career and you still drive this piece of shit, and you are so FUCKING STUPID YOU LITERALLY THINK IT'S THE PEAK OF AFFORDABLE QUALITY

AN ENTIRE DECADE OF CARS OVERLOOKED
FUCK YOU

HOW FUCKING DARE YOU DRIVE THIS SHIT
DO YOU HAVE NO SELF RESPECT

Then your transmission starts fucking up and the problem gets more expensive.

I've wondered that as well.

some people dont give a fuck about cars, as long as it gets you from A to B.

>why like what I don't

Lul

I had a saturn. You couldn't kill the fucking thing. My biggest beef with it was a lack of AC and I got sick and tired of driving stick.

Nah you just drive like a fuckin grandma

>this level of mad

People can blow tens of thousands of dollars every few years on their next A to B contraption if they want. Some people just don't care that much about cars.

>t. literal faggot

How else would you drive a 5 year old Toyota Camry?

>t.

Oh so you're some yuropoor piece of shit. No wonder. You probably drive slow because of your unpaved roads.

Also, if you're driving like a grandma then you're the faggot.

>driving idle speeds...
ok

How the fuck do you hit a car in the side while going idle speed? Were you drunk?

My buddy loved his saturn because it had dent resistant door panels. He'd go into rage fits and kit the doors over and over and they'd pop back out.

One time they didn't pop back out and I had to explain to him the difference between "resistant", and "proof"

The actual body of the car was actual metal and iirc they have good safety ratings. The plastic exterior panels can be removed and it won't affect safety. Get fucked

saturn's rock

someone that can't find a working 300D and doesn't care enough about style to keep looking for one.

Uh, I dunno, the kind of person who would rather not walk, maybe?

What kind of faggot voluntarily drives an Earth?

I sneezed on a saturn once and it imploded with such force a black hole was created and it destroyed my homeworld.

Had a 2000 SL1, was doing 40. Some guy backed out in front of me. It destroyed my car but only broke my ankle. Not bad for not being buckled

Cuck

Timestamp, or it didn't fucking happen

Fag. So I guess to answer
Stupid little autistic spaz cases drive Saturn's.

oh snap

>What kind of person voluntarily drives a Toyoto?

>my toyota didn't need anything guys

>shitskins
>niggers
>nigger shitskin terrorists

My toyota is very relibel. it have strong freame and quality metal i just have to change the entire frame with toyota class action lawsuit recall and had to chenge headgaskets 2 time but it best car in world

Yeah only fags drive unreliable overrated shitboxes

Swedes have nothing on Toyota Safety Sense Technologies. Volvo doesn't even have a gematrian hexagon logo.

Toyota is better.

Toyota

is

>The actual body of the car was actual metal

This

This thread is full of retards who don't know the difference between exterior body panels and the structure of the car. No car sold in the USA has a plastic structure.

Europoors love to talk ahit on the USA but it is a fact that we have some fo the most strict crash and emmisions standards in the world. It's why pieces of shit like Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Vauxhall, Scoda etc. can't be sold in the USA. They don't meet our requirements and literally aren't even legal to sell here.

Yet they still talk shit on American cars...

better

With toyotas, you win

kia is the new saturn. they have some pretty cheap reliable shit cars like the forte.

>A current car company with full marketing budget and PR aspirations is like a Defunct weird GM offshoot brand
So Kia is pretty shitty and outdated then

My gf rear ended a Ford explorer in her mom's Saturn at like 15mph, ended up totalling the Saturn

dont get me wrong. i love the optima. but for cheap reliable the forte is where your at in comparison with a saturn in todays terms

Kias are shit. My GF's mom buys a new one every 2 years and sells her old one while it still has warranty. I've driven 3 of them. They are all shit.

the thing that annoys me the most is that they make the first 25% of the accelerator pedal's travel overly sensitive so the car feels powerful. When you first drive it you are like "wow this thing has some power". Then you push the pedal farther and nothing happens.

Then you realize the car is at like 80% throttle with the pedal barely pressed down, that's why it felt fast. They know their customers are all pussies who would never willingly put the pedal all the way to the floor so they will never realize they got scammed.

>i love the optima
Said no one ever in human history. Shill more subtly; realistically Hyun-Park.

This

Optimas are shit, the ones I was talking shit about here
were all optimas. I've driven 3 different ones and they all had the overly sensitive throttle pedal in the first 25 % of the pedal's travel.

And the steering is so light it is numb. Doesn't even feel like the wheel is connected to anything. They are for people who know nothing about cars and want to drive some numb shitbox.

>make the first 25% of the accelerator pedal's travel overly sensitive so the car feels powerful.
All the big name gook brands do this. Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Kia etc.

It's how they sell their weak shit engine models during the test drive. It takes an average shitbox buyer a while to find out that 1%-25% of pedal travel equates to 10%-85% of throttle plate opening but by then the purchase is made. Worst thing is it makes light throttle modulation impossible because the ECU is trying so hard to mask the engines shittiness.

this is good to know. i have never driven a kia before and now i kinda dont want to.

▲▲

>Saturn

Isn't that just Opel in the USA?

hello friends.

I drive a 2005 toyota corolla but this is the CE version though so it's more special. thank you for your time.
>thanks

You do understand that the front of the car is supposed to be rekt as much as possible to absorb the energy of the impact, you mouth breather?

My wife drives a Saturn Sky not a bad little car.

Yep, you're right

Why does the US-version look like it has down-syndrome?

That's a fucking buick you dumb fuck it's made in the USA you fucking shitlord.

GM's bastard child

>1982 GM creates Saturn brand (why? fuck it we have so many brands out there already what's one more?)
>1985 GM learns maybe this wasn't a good idea. Employees buy the company. GM still has a stake buy now employees are majority
>Saturn quality goes up using GM parts.
>Saturn makes a huge turnaround.
>2004 GM decides that Saturn (now profitable) would be better served being integrated back into the GM fold
>2009 Saturn dies at the hands of its creator.
>2009 GM files bankruptcy kills Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Hummer, etc.

I fucking hate GM

>That's a fucking buick you dumb fuck it's made in the USA you fucking shitlord.

Both cars are build by GM-Korea, you dumb fuck. It's the same car.

Grammar correction

>GM still has a stake but now employees are majority

>I fucking hate GM

That's probably why they went bankrupt. American cars simply suck.

My grandmother drive this, no shit. Not going to lie, I like driving it too.

>you are fucking dumb as a nigger

The Enclave crossover, which replaced the Rendezvous SUV and Terraza minivan in 2008, is being manufactured at the Lansing Delta Township Assembly plant, in Delta Township, Michigan.

Wrong

It's a Buick Encore a.k.a. Opel Mokka, you mouth breather.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Mokka

Same fucking vehicle just marketed under different names. And it's build in Korea and was engineered by Opel in Germany. That's why it doesn't suck.

>saturn
>sorts car