My friends are starting an emo band, and they want me

My friends are starting an emo band, and they want me. I'm the only one of our group of friends who knows how to read music and more pertinently guitar tabs. I've never heard a good emo album, tho I haven't really been looking?

Should I join it? They don't have a name. What's some good emo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTWkT4kMUOE
youtube.com/watch?v=ajH2PUTq6Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=MBnK6yA7KKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What's some good emo?
Radiohead desu.

What's some good emo?

Join it and bring some of your own influence and make emo that you enjoy every great piece of art comes from people wanting something their way

you seem overqualified for an emo band. check out algernon cadwallader. they have legit talented guitarists and song writing skills

Join if you like the idea, and if you don't like it just leave the band

idk
ok
will dew
sounds well

depends on what kinds of emo they mean if it's twinkly shit i'd avoid it but if it's the earlier more hardcore influence emo that can be fun to play.

also depends on why you want to join the band.

Pretty twinky from what I can tell.

I'd join because music is more fun with people than solo (in my experience) but I've only ever played in marching band / jazz band in high school 2 years ago.

Ask if they'd ever consider having a polaroid as their album cover, if the answer is yes then stay the fuck away

If you join to the band make a song called "Just bee yourself", you know, for the Kek.

Yeah emo a shit but it's still a band so join it.

Emo has some similarities to math rock. I've heard a couple of interesting albums, instrumentally speaking. The lyrics and singing is shit though.
Try to steer them away from making emo though because it's a shitty and dead genre, overall.

this. and poppunk/emo music is just fun to play. not super serious. fun ez riffs. SeemsGood.

Listen to Sunny Day Real Estate, Hum and Failure, mimick them and you will be fine

>good emo
Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=MTWkT4kMUOE
youtube.com/watch?v=ajH2PUTq6Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=MBnK6yA7KKY

>Hum and Failure
>emo
kys

Naw wasn't saying they are emo, but just great bands that would be great influences for an emo band

imagine the sonic qualities of those bands in a emo setting

Emo is really just pop punk/power pop with edgy lyrics for the most part. I'd recommend The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance or Pinkerton by Weezer if you're looking for some tolerable lyrics with catchy melodies.

This. Algernon Cadwallder is the most underrated emo band of all time.

algernon is the best.

some kind of cadwallader is GOAT driving to the beach on a hot summer's day music

this

Update us if it goes well or not

make sure the singer can actually sing and isn't going to do his best whining urkel impression over the microphone, and that the band is willing to experiment outside of emo

>>people recommending any emo band except for Mineral

get the fuck out you utter retard

Remo Drive- Greatest Hits is probably the best modern emo album. I'm not big into emo though. Weezer's Pinkerton is the only emo album I like.

emo is one of the most misunderstood genres of all time, id join

it could be really fun

try the brave little abacus

This. Just Got Back from the discomfort is a 10.
Also listen to Still Bummed by Nouns
(Pic related)

Parrot Flies is easily in my top 20

I pledge myself to all the bands that the Kinsella brothers have ever been in.

That's just first wave emo/late 90s emo

>first wave
First wave was mid-80s bro.

Also Hum & Failure are not emo but >>>>>> 99% of emo bands.

this

I'm really picky with emo, but this album was excellent

BEST EMO ALBUMS/EPs TO GET YOU STARTED

Sunny Day Real Estate - How It Feels To Be Something On
The Newfound Interest in Conneticut - Tell Me About The Long Dark Path Home
Everyone Asked About You s/t (EP)
The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About (although some argue Four Minute Mile is better, preference)
Snowing - Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit (as well as their album I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted
Tigers Jaw s/t
American Football 1999
Merchant Ships - For Cameron
Mineral - The Power of Failing (or Endserendaing, preference)
The Promise Ring - Nothing Feels Good

There is so much more (esp Cap'n Jazz), but that'll be for another time.

this is all you need

nice b8, m8

how would you, user, describe emo music? no wikipedia nonsense, please

Join and be the John Cale of it. Do crazy experimental stuff with it.

I dunno OP, from my experience you'd have better luck tracking down a friend who plays drums and posting a craigslist ad looking for a bassist. This may or may not work out but at least you'll get some connections, cut your teeth a bit, and have some fun. I think whether or not the music is good you're gonna learn some things.

This is pretty much the only good answer. Humor them for a while, until you get the hang of the rehearsal vibe and then go avangarde-a-clue on them