As someone who hated this movie when he saw it in theaters...

As someone who hated this movie when he saw it in theaters, did anyone else like the movie a lot more after watching it a second time? I think my own hype let me down. Also realized I would have loved Jessie's charcater, IF he was anyone but Lex. His performance was great, if he was playing The Riddler or The Joker. Granted the big story problems are still there, but thats because of so much crammed into one film. There were 3 great movies mashed into one mediocre film.
>inb4 not your blog

No, it's problems are all still glaringly obvious, and really annoying to me.

After watching Suicide Squad, though, I have a new appreciation for how awful it really could have been. BvS had different problems than SS, but it was far more competently made.

SS is so awful that it makes you really appreciate minimum competence in other things.

I liked it in theaters but loved it when I watched the Ultimate Edition. Really got me hyped for future DCEU films, I feel like I'll be looking back towards MoS and BvS for details linking forward to future films.

Jessie plays Lex Luthor Jr you fucking mouthbreathers

I enjoyed experiencing it at home.

The total opposite for me.
I was okay with it while watching it, then when I really started to think about it afterwards, I think it fails as a movie.

>zack snyder
>competency

pick one

read more comics you casuals, fucking Lex in the comics is sometimes Lex Luthor Jr, and sometimes he isnt. The point is, this lex drew HEAVILY from Superman: Birthright, Gene Hackman, and Golden Age Lex.

Just because its not YOUR Luthor doesnt make it unfaithful you fucking bitch plebs.

in reality, the only character bvs lex drew from was heath ledger's joker, as hes just a retarded kid version of that character.

Because WB is trying to make the TDK lightening strike again.

no, you're wrong. He is literally wearing the exact same coat as Birthright luthor, and has the same hair. The mad scientist shtick and the whole "all according to keikaku" are 100% Golden/Silver Age Luthor you meme hustler.

Ledger's joker didnt have a grand plan, he just kept coming up with new short term plans.

I saw the ultimate edition as my first viewing and I thought it was pretty good. I didn't walk away hyped out of my mind and reenacting some of the action scenes in the hallway of the cinema like I did when I saw Age of Ultron opening night, but it was pretty good.

Why did you think SS was so bad?

I sure did like it a lot more when I saw the ultimate cut

>Ledger's joker didnt have a grand plan
Harvey.

that wasnt a grand plan, that was formed in the last third of the movie you dumb fuck

>there are minor allusions to the comics so the comics are the main source of refernece!!

you aren't really that stupid are you?

WB have been trying to force the nolan lightening to strike again for 8 years now.

the joker itself says to Havery "do i look like a guy with a plan?, see im just like a dog chasing cars.. i don't know what to do with them if i got'em, i just..do..things"

Ledger Joker is just an anarchist who hate "plans" or order.. that's why says that batman complete him, because he's a freak like him but in the other side of the spectrum

Letos Joker... well is just a superficial one trick pony

just because you don't read comics doesnt mean you need to talk out your ass.

Its not just the way they dressed Luthor, but literally the way he acted. Completely controlling when with people one on one, keeping a public persona that he breaks when Superman is around (see him getting so mad at Superman he fucks up his speech at the library gala) and batshit insane in private.

That is THE classic Golden/Silver age lex you mongoloid. Most of those elements even find their way into Byrne's big fat business man Luthor, albeit they approach them from a different angle.

STOP pretending like you know these characters.

So the version of the dark knight that was released in your universe was three hours long? You have any way of knowing what happened in that extra half-hour?

He had no "plan" for harvey until the hospital scene which this user quoted
he even says he has no plan

... so the fact MoS was basically a carbon copy of batman begins and BvS was (a mess) copy of TDK didn't register with you at all?

Also I love how the defense of MoS and BvS was "not muh," but now you're claiming lex "was muh."

>he had no plan for harvey
totally explains why he kidnapped harvey and forced batman to choose.

We can stop at any time, though, I get what you're doing. You're trying to imply TDK was bad because of how embarrassing all of WB's movies have been since.

im not saying that was my lex, im saying it was a faithful lex, if not the lex most people expected.

Also in what way was Superman a carbon copy of Batman Begins?

TDK wasn't bad, I love TDK. But his plan when he capture Harvey had nothing to do with Harvey other than he was the DA. It had to do with making Batman choose you walking pile of flaming trash

Negro, from the top all the way down to the villians having identical hair styles and facial hair. They madlib a bit ("secret" becomes "alien," etc) to confuse the simple minded, of course.

lol nope, see i quote the joker when he says he doesn't have a plan but actually... all that speech about "im not a guy with a plan" is just for transform Harvey who is the face of justice and maintaning the status quo into a demented psycho like him

it about breaking his will and his convictions of a moral society transforming him in another "agent of chaos" .....

far better than anything from snyder shitty movies

Are you me? I had exactly the same experience.

I felt the same way watching Suicide Squad, BvS, and Ghosterbusters.

I noticed a nice visual nod to Lex's history in his montage last time I watched it. Pic related.

They could have chosen a textile for his lab coat instead of plastic, but by choosing the latter, the semi-transparency gives Lex a layered appearance. So we have the see-through lab coat hinting at his mad scientists origins, with the somewhat garish button-up beneath it, a nod to Hackman's incarnation, and beneath it all, Lex in his modern form.

I don't care if it is reaching or not, I like that interpretation a lot