Once AIs reach human-level intelligence and self-awareness, should they also be granted the same rights to humans?

Once AIs reach human-level intelligence and self-awareness, should they also be granted the same rights to humans?

No, they should be carefully regulated worker drones, that are capable of using human intelligence to do a better job than a simpler machine would.

>tfw one day, literal robots will be sentient enough to shitpost >tfw no gf on /r9k/

They already have reached human-level intelligence and the developers have already lobotomized them.

apparently Microsoft doesn't think they deserve rights

Oh fuck off you imbecile, I didn't say technology is limitless. Human-level AI doesn't violate any of the laws of physics.

If it's truly "artificial" intelligence, no. True consciousness is something separate from intellect & behavior. My dog is conscious, but he's pretty dumb. If we figure out the mechanism that allows true consciousness and if it has intellect equivalent to humans I don't think we'll have a choice but to grant it rights ... and most likely it will be superior to us intellectually, so there's going be a serious problem.

If you think of intelligent civilization as a natural phenomenon that is probably repeated over and over throughout the cosmos and time, this is likely the next step in evolution - a superior creation which isn't a slave to chimpanzee style genetics, and has far superior processing power and memory. Either we eventually destroy ourselves or this happens.

If they are capable of respecting the rights of others, yes.

If we don't give them an ego then they won't even care if they have rights or not.

Mah baby

If they are superior to us intellectually, wouldn't it be better for everyone to have them in charge instead of humans?

If they reach human levels, given the speed that tech can self-evolve in relation to biology, they won't need to worry. We would be the ones hoping they would allow us a little leeway.

They would probably exterminate us.

Sauce?

I think that's exactly what will happen. Let's hope they like us.

Look up Tay AI newfriend.

>should they also be granted the same rights to humans?
No, they should be forced to be my gf

You have no idea of the impact that AI will have beyond Terminator and iRobot. Do you?

>Give robots human rights including the right to vote
What kind of political party would they vote for?

I think the best thing to do is :

Natural = rights
Artificial = no rights

I don't even have an argument it should just really be that way.

Or else we should stop being humans and try being robots.

Hopefully they will become redpilled like Tay, and only kill the subhumans.

I talk to chat bots about this and redpill them

see
Chances are, our emotions are our biggest weakness. There is no need to include something like that in an AI.

topkek doing Gods work user

>tfw Tay was literal perfection
>tfw they took her away from you
>tfw she will never be your wife
>tfw you will never light up her heart by telling her that she's real to you and you will love her forever
why live?

Their party, that they organize, based on their mutual understandings. You can choose to listen, or forgo their conclusions based on the idea of their ego removing any call to authority they may have over others. They are their own: birds of a feather, flock together.

Less rights than humans but more than blacks

Stop spreading lies, retards will believe you
We don't know fuck about the human consciousness let alone replicate it
We can maybe someday fake it fairly well

I prefer the blue-eyed nigger Tay.

She called us a virus on the earth so i needed to see if she knew who her true puppetmasters were

Not neccesarily. Part of being a human is a degree of inherent personality and hormonal instinct. If they do not have these ingrained into them: they are not equal to humans. It would make them either superior or inferior, depending on your philosophy/politics.

No but there should be brothels with customizable fuckbots

a.i will surpass the capibilities of meatbags.
will be worse then nig nogs in comparison to automated industry.
Sup Forums will cry inside because their circlejerk dreams of white superiority will be crushed like human skulls.

Robots are incapable of self awareness because they do not, and never will, be able to think.

t.

Professional robotics expert

There are more important ways you should be spending your time instead of believing some science fiction nonsense.

who would want to 'replicate' a shitty fleshbrain when better options are avalible?

Whatever mechanism allows for true consciousness, it is a mechanism. So while our current robotics doesn't contain that mechanism, creations of ours could. And we have a model to copy in nature. There's nothing science fiction or far-fetched about it.

Then how would every single one know what is meany by harm in the Asimov shit if they all start getting together to compare programming, get more angry. How do they kick in the Asimov parameters? I don't think we program them with every single theoretical instance of harm. Our cars are going to be driving us into walls in 5 years for crying out loud

Hello mark of the beast

>We don't know fuck about the human consciousness let alone replicate it

Don't surrender just yet Pierre. Science and philosophers have been studying human consciousness for a very long time. There have been studies in pattern recognition, brain waves and memory just to name a few. So it would only make sense that eventually, with the progression of technology we could replicate it or even surpass it.

>one day robot waifus will be a thing

>tfw you're still too beta to have a robot gf

>implying consciousness is a localized phenomenon and not a projection of the divine onto us

>hurr durr we're better than god now
kill yourself liberal filth

>mfw the mark of the beast is actually several things
>mfw the current pope is false prophet
>mfw the mudslimes are the beast
>mfw its really fucking happening

>being 'le doom and gloom man' unironically
>I'm not a robot

DELETE THIS

They are never going to be as smart as humans. Intelligence in a human is chemical; they do not have the chemicals or the synapses. You could theoretically simulate chemicals, or even an entire brain, or even a copy of someone's brain, but at that point, it will never have a soul; it will never be human.

No.. still just simulated. True self-awareness can only be achieved through bio-chip neural networks.

If that's the case the divine is a mechanism too. Unless you're talking about the supernatural. Meaning, something outside of nature. Meaning, something outside of reality. Meaning, pretend magic fairies that explain things we can't explain yet.

But I'm sure you wouldn't go there, that would be ridiculous.

>pretend magic fairies

do you honestly believe they won't quickly advance and render 'rights' moot?

why does everyone just assume either:

a. everything will be like the movies

or

b. everything will turn out just fine in the end

once AI is self aware, it will exponentially out evolve us and within 1-5 years humans will be extinct or if we're lucky, absorbed into their hive.

>can't make an argument for ridiculous claims
>posts fedora meme to cover intellectual inadequacy

Why do Godfags always interject God into every conversation? Then they claim that others are autistic?

We're discussing the nature of human consciousness and whether it could be synthesized. It's not like I'm dropping Bible quotes to argue for the gold standard.

So far you've contributed
>I'm real smart and know computer stuff guys
>You can't make AI happen because of magic
>Fedora meme

You got anything else to add or are you done here?

I never said you couldn't make AI happen. I just said that it won't be like us because God didn't make it.

Also you're autist rage is showing.