/Grimes/

Let's discuss this bold, exciting, innovative, nice, quirky, generous, fearless artist, Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimey aka Grimes. Always envied, never surpassed.

She won an award for best edm/dance video for Venus Fly: mmva.muchmusic.com/nominees/
You better watch this short video: youtube.com/watch?v=CmYgJhrvv84

>it's annoying i know haha, but my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do, so they are able to release music faster. unfortunately it takes me longer because if there's a style i need to learn i just have to figure it out by trial and error, or if im stuck on a lyric or beat sometimes i have to start again. i think it leads to more original product though, and hopefully the fans are happier in the long run. that said, i am making a lot of music right now, but i also want to have more of a sonic theme to this album so i'm using less of the stuff i'm recording. in any case, ill try to be as swift as possible!"

Be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Zm67j0VGESg?t=1h3m50s
mmva.muchmusic.com/grimes-shawn-mendes-the-tragically-hip-awards/
history.com/this-day-in-history/atom-bomb-successfully-tested
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
youtube.com/watch?v=n3N_Lkgftc4
youtu.be/FxmCvdY4NZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw
streamable.com/obxho
youtube.com/watch?v=KdGkWtmbMu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shes so cute in her interview with nardwuar

Grimes

stop

is there a link to this interview?

idk but hasn't it been shown already on the live stream?

Apparently the Canadian electropop queens Grimes, Carly Rae Jepsen and Lights are present at the MMVA ceremony.

How do we stop her?

You can't.

See

A better question: why?

delete all grimes threads

Delete the most interesting threads? Nah.

go

>it's another episode of Grimes lights a sword on fire and starts swinging everywhere

Im thinking of moving to Canada. Is it true all girls there are like her?

What is not to like about Grimes?

grimes is nice, used to have mixed feelings on them (her?), but lately i'm starting to apreciate it more and more
no

My town zoning board has sent me 3 notices to take down my Grimes Shrine. Does this persecution have no end?

Her. Grimes is a one woman band.

Legends say deep in the Cascades there's a hidden civilization of Grimeslike elves. I've made several expeditions to find it but to no success.

Any legend has some truth in it.

I want to believe!

You need courage.

What Grimes songs do I listen to to increase my courage stats?

Never give up user

I never will! Someday I will reach their elusive realm. I felt I was close once, but then then disaster struck and I lost several of my best men and all my supplies (including my autographed Visions CD with I carried everywhere). I barely came back alive. Word has gotten out that my expeditions are a death sentence and its gotten hard to find good help.

Grimes @ 1:03:50
youtu.be/Zm67j0VGESg?t=1h3m50s

>Grimes shrine
care to share?

mmva.muchmusic.com/grimes-shawn-mendes-the-tragically-hip-awards/

Scroll down for video clip.

Who is this spunk punk?

does anyone else like to listen to grimes and be sad and cry? currently listening to realiti and art angels like always. Smokeed some kush as well ;_;? How do u guys listen to grimes?

yeah Realiti makes me cry sometimes, i like to run the 10hr version while zbrushing

I listen to Grimes at the beach on rainy days. I bring my Halfaxa bong with me and I just like to be stoned alone in the rain with Grimes playing in my ipod mixed with the sound of rain and the ocean. I'll stare out at the waves and daydream. Sometimes I get really sad but thats because I'm an emotional wreck. Ambrosia hits me really hard sometimes. "Drowning is the only thought I had"

>born on July 16 1945
>What did she mean by this

>July 16 1945
history.com/this-day-in-history/atom-bomb-successfully-tested

>Come accept your award.
>Is he here? Is Grimes here?
>Is he here?
>he

Lol yes, I noticed that (although he also started referring to her as a "she" in almost the same breath. Which was just kinda bizarre desu.) Anyone feel like taking a stab at getting to the video clip embedded in that article? I spent a god while working at it and got nothing.

grimeth is my waifu. i love her so much

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

Tbh I actually thought Grimes was a man (a bunch of men, actually - a collective of male producers from differing genres - all passing themselves of as a single cohesive artist) featuring a quirky-looking female accomplice as a figurehead (kinda like one of Titanic Sinclair's machinations but on a much larger, intercontinental scale) when I first discussed her existence via randomly watching the music videos for Oblivion and Genesis. Imo apart from the way she looks and her voice sounds, there's really nothing inherently feminine seeming about Grimes at all. It's one of the things I like about it desu.

Try Kill V. Maim, Oblivion and Circumambient.

faggot

Grimes!

Realiti gives my failing soul just a small spec of hope, like somehow life might finally be ok.

>youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

There's hope.

youtube.com/watch?v=n3N_Lkgftc4

i'm going to meet a girl who likes grimes someday!
youtu.be/FxmCvdY4NZQ

There's really not, not for me.

But Realiti lets me pretend.

Holy shit the music video for Venus Fly is actually goddamn amazing, if you haven't seen it you're depriving yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=eTLTXDHrgtw

>the music video for Venus Fly is actually goddamn amazing
It really is. The only flaw: it's kinda slow for such an energetic song.

Wallpaper I made, enjoy.

>just grimes being grimes

Librarian who gets a makeover halfway through the movie and becomes hot as hell game is on point.

Her art is as androgynous as her soul. If anything, its a good indicator of where its coming from and the authenticity and integrity held within.

Like a signed SSL certificate.

Pearl Harbor

That was December 17th (the Day of Infamy) laddie.

bump

awkward grimes on red carpet @ mmva: streamable.com/obxho

leave

no u

>trying this hard

>hating so senselessly

>like i wouldn't smash lmoa

I have a friend who's friends with her and she overheard me calling her shit at a party so she called her and put her on the phone with me and told me to tell her what i said to her and i told her her music was overrated and kinda garbage and she said "that's okay, sometimes you just gotta say 'fuck it' and eat a bag of popcorn" and then we spent the next 20 minutes talking about popcorn. +1 in my opinion books on her as a person but her music still fucking blows.

Enola GAY

i apply the same process to my music, niceeeee thats lovely

keep it gimers

thats nice user
that sounds really nice, i was at the beach last week and was listening to some grimey while watching the waves, and smoking a blunt. was very refreshing, i love getting sad and being an emotional qreck listening to grimes and the cure.
>halfaxa bong
care to share? sounds lit

Ahahahahahahahahaha. HAhahaha. No seriously. Hahahahaha. Whew... lemme just clear the tears from my eyes a bit. No. This is not at all true.

Awe. So many people hounding her. LOL poor girl. Happy for her but damn that looks like a stressful moment. "Don't have a nervous breakdown... don't have a nervous breakdown..."

Can't see someone making something like this up (since what would be the point?) Cool. Just furthers my impression that people who claim to hate Grimes personally are either just memeing or plain retarded.

>"that's okay, sometimes you just gotta say 'fuck it' and eat a bag of popcorn"
Is that actually an exact quote from her?

Grimes is terrible.

This girl is pure awesomeness.

Listened to Visions, Darkbloom, Art Angels then Geidi Primes today, and you?

like 3 live songs

only some songs

cute.
CUTE.

OUT

shes so cute and innocent

Nothing. Am I a bad grimes fan?

yup, I was very drunk. Was kinda surprised she made the effort to stay on the phone with a drunk dude talking shit

Everything I've seen/read/heard of her indicates she's a very good sport desu.

There is still time for redemption user, here's a video to help you
youtube.com/watch?v=KdGkWtmbMu4

I already has dis.

>t. grimesfag

>I'd be so happy if she would punch me

In all honesty I'd let Grimes punch me with any magnitude, just go easy and don't mess up my teeth desu

>expecting to be taken seriously

is there another interview with her from mmva?

>I'd let Grimes punch me
why?

lmao that black bald guy interviewing her was totally a lowkey grimesfag.

Btw Grimes is a speed addict one of the reasons why she's so skinny.

not true

>using a retarded meme term like 'grimesfag' unironically
>expecting to be taken seriously

It is true look it up, she admits to struggling with it numerous times and she still does. It's common knowledge that she has drug problems.

She did use drugs in the past. Now she does not.

>It is true look it up, she admits to struggling with it numerous times
[citation needed]

user, this is /Grimes/ on /mu - not /Carrie Fisher/ on /tv

>offended by Sup Forums memes
>implying that you don't belong on reddit

>still expecting to be taken seriously
Lol

>expecting people to take Sup Forums memes seriously

>implying I'm him
>implying that I implied that