He is easily the best character of TFA.Why did he get all that hate?

He is easily the best character of TFA.Why did he get all that hate?

because he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE

>you like totally don't even get me, DAD

>best character
>cis white male

*YAWN*

>He is easily the best character of TFA

TTTK

A BIG FUCKING BETA, JUST LIKE US

JUST LIKE US

>current year
>villains anything other than white cis males

Niggers on this board don't know what the fuck they're saying.

Because the movie is for redditors

I sure am glad thst summer is almost over

He's a Darth Vader wannabe. A scared little child who thinks over the top displays of Force abilities and temper tantrums makes him superior to Lord Vader. Also he joined the Young Imperials in their quest to prove that they are more badass than their Original Imperial parents.

please don't leave us user ;_;

Finn was the best character from TFA

That's a funny looking shoop of General Hux

Who said he was cis?

Because he likes to creep on little girls that are a decade younger than him.

hey kylo is your dad with you, or are you riding solo

He took the helmet off

Was the fact that he couldn't live up to Darth Vader a meta comment on how any new villain in Star Wars wouldn't be able to live up to Darth Vader?

...that's the point of his character.

Because JJ Abrams made the movie wrong by showing no backstory to his character and by coopying the layout of A New Hope

>FIRST SCENE
>BAM NEW BAD GUY DRESSED LIKE VADER

We should have gotten a first Act with him at Luke's training academy, getting to know him before he went full on evil.

Of course the OT fans are gonna reply to me and say "HURR DURR THAT WOULD BE PREQUEL SHIT"

Between him and Phasma I can't tell who was a worse character.

I guess Phasma wasn't so bad -- she was just fucking useless -- but this motherfucker (poorly) over-acted every. single. fucking. scene.

that doesn't automatically make it good

No.

I'm not saying that made him good, but it's not a valid reason to hate him; it's like hating a lemon because it's kind of sour

this

>Everyone wants new, badass brooding they can project themselves mask guy like Boba or Darth Vader with a cool voice and costume who's really powerful
>The cool, brooding mask guy is just an angsty teen with anger issues

Literally the reason. He's a great character, people are just mad that they got excited for a costume and built a character around it in their heads when the character turned out to be something else entirely.

Acne.

>make a character who is literally just hitler in space to represent the bad guys

Wow great storytelling I wonder what direction his character will go in the sequels

>I'll never be as a good as you granddy Vader - Kylo speaking to the mask

I can't wait to see them shove more phasma incompetence in the next one.

But you can't display him as an undisciplined little shit and then try to tell us that he is the one who destroyed the New Jedi Order and forced Luke into hiding

It's also not a criticism

Maybe Luke was just a really really shitty jedi when all was said and done

yay more OT retcons

His character is ok.

But I hate his fanbase. They literally think he's the most misunderstood, tragic character to have ever been created. Sometimes I do wish in the next movies for either Luke or Rey to cut him in half. I know that won't happen but still anything to shut them up.

Touche

>some rumors say she'll be the one getting the "Skywalker treatment " by Finn

Being Phasma must be suffering.

>Sometimes I do wish in the next movies for either Luke or Rey to cut him in half.
>tfw he's definitely gonna kill luke in the next one.

I se Georges fetish lives on sucks to be her

I doubt it, Kylo's in the path of redemption. Killing Luke there's no way back and that action alone will piss off the fandom and will boycott the franchise. Luke is a very beloved character, Disney will be doing suicide if they allow that.

Han was a much more universally loved character and they still axed him. Luke doesn't stand a chance.

>Captain Phasma was supposed to be a badass stormtrooper leader
>gets captured and made to do things she didn't want to before being knocked out

What did JJ mean by that?

>Han was a much more universally loved character and they still axed him.
That's cause ford wanted him axed and was only willing to do one movie.

That's because Ford has been wanting for Han to be killed off since forever.

If Luke dies it'll be in Episode IX but not by Kylo or Rey. Hopefully they give him an epic battle before he gets killed off.

He meant he was gonna sell a fuckton of toys, that's what.

I never got why a supposed hard core tough badass would give up the codes i mean what the fuck was the point of her character.

Because he's literally built to be a divisive character. This split of liking and hating him was intended. Him being a pathetic character was intended.

He really is a successor to Vader. Lucas said that Vader was meant to be pathetic too, even if people hold him up as the epitome of badass for some reason and get mad when Kylo Ren isn't like him.

I think the point is he's talented but his emotional issues fuck him up when it comes down to it. Maybe he was really on top of his dark side game when the massacre happens.

Or maybe there's more to that story than we know. If they plan to redeem Kylo, I could see them creating some sort of twist to that scene.

>I never got why a supposed hard core tough badass would give up the codes

>base the stormtroopers off Nazi SS soldiers
>Nazi SS soldiers would be brutally beaten until they decided to confess to anything that they swore an oath to to protect

JJ done goofed with Phasma

this trilogy should have been about Kylo Ren pulling a reverse Anakin

Instead we will see Mayree Sue conquering the entire universe

>into the trash

If anything Phasma is an anti female character; proving that a women in charge will bring the entire fleet down when she decides to give up the codes.

but it is about Kylo pulling a reverse Anakin you dumb double jedi

Yes, he's a darth vader wannabe whose powers surpassed darth vader
UNTIL THAT ALL POWERFUL FOR NO REASON BITCH, MARY SUE REY.

>little girls

mary sues aren't little girls, they're blatant deus ex machinas.

Kylo is fine, it's that mary sue bitch that needs to go.

>Rey

Biggest fucking joke of the movie when little ms perfect, ms mary sue rey stands before Luke and hands him his lightsaber. I was like, "What the actual fuck is he going to teach you, O Miss grand master of all things force related in ten seconds."

Force didnt want shit. They made Han a blabbing fucking idiot who fell for the oldest trick in the book. Rey's all powerful for no reason, and why in the fuck is Han a smuggler again. Fuck jj and fuck the house of gerbils.
You're right, he's not like vader he surpassed vader. force freeze and force interrogate. UNTIL MARY SUE REY FUCKED HIM UP WITH HIS OWN POWER BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T NEED TO BE TRAINED OR TAUGHT OR PRACTICE OR ANYTHING.

But Lucas already managed that with Sheeve. Who surpasses vader in all things.

He was the only thing the movie had to offer that they audience didn't expect to get going in, and he's the most hated part. Coincidence?

I don't know if you're talking about the character/actor. But Adam Driver is great.

Took his helmet off too much. He was a pussy almost every time he took the helmet off.

Helmet on, he was more interesting. Best Disney Infinity figure to use besides Boba Fett

>getting triggered by a fictional character

Calm down.

Poe and Finn were actually acceptable. I didn't have a problem with them and their relationship was far more human to me than Finn and Rey. Rey was the most annoying part of the film. She had a sappy background, with a cliche character motive, and was just too good at everything. It annoys me that people see her as an example of female empowerment. She's not, she's a terrible character.

>You now realize that Anakin's path through the light and dark side of the force is a palindrome
>If Kylo Ren pulls a reverse Anakin, he'll start off good, be a dick for a while, and then become good again before dying.
>Kylo Ren confirmed dead in Episode IX

Luke was the best character in TFA

>implying JJ "M1" Abrams didn't do this intentionally

>Main baddy is revealed
>Luke fights main baddy
>Main baddy kills Luke
>Kylo Ren avenges him
>Kylo Ren becomes Kylo Redeemed

Calling it now

The entire point of his character is that he's a shitty wannabe of Vader. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

also jackpot trips, nice

Does he have a major role in any other movies/telly that are worth watching?

I liked Darth Tendies. I hope he gets more ragefits in the next movie.

the character was over the top and did everything you'd expect but it wasnt badly acted

And a lot of people didn't like the core concept. Not hard to understand

He's good in Frances Ha. He also has a movie coming out soon that's getting a lot of acclaim called Peterson.

"Take off your helmet"
>takes off his helmet

The instant that helmet came off this movie was irredeemable, what a fucking stupid idea

"Hey darth vader, stop choking me"
>stops choking

You fucking tard, that's what made him interesting. You're like the other normies saying "wahh he wan't badass enough".

Go hate on Rey. She deserves it.

GAS THE MIDICHLORIANS, STAR WAR NOW!

Thanks user, you're a real human bean

Cause he's a faggot

If I had a button that would immediately kill all women on the planet who are attracted to the actor/the character I would do it in an instant.

All women care about is romance/sex. Whenever I talk to a woman about the movie, I don't hear anything about the actual movie. All I hear is "Adam Driver is so hot omg did you see how he looked at Rey omg they're going to get together"

Fuck off already you fucking whales.

Most women I've talked to either hate Kylo or at least think he looks weird except for this one who was obsessed with him when he was in Girls, hang out with people who don't frequent fanfiction.net maybe.

I haven't seen the film, but why did Phasma give up the codes? Did they do some PG13 torture on her or something?

>best charactor in a shit movie

wow,really setting the bar high on that one fella

ter*

I couldn't take ANY of the characters seriously because they all looked 10 years too young for their roles (save for Han and Leia, obviously), but him in particular is just the 15 year old edgy mindset given superpowers.

Tarkin was intimidating. That general in TFA looked like he just walked off the set of Harry Potter or some shit.

Kylo being pretty much an even less disciplined version of AotC Anakin is not interesting. Him also being a fucking emo bitch show off with daddy/grandpa issues makes him even less interesting.

The Empire was evil but they were a competent, well oiled machine. The First Order is supposed to be a bunch of angry children pretending to be the Empire to make up for their own insecurities.

The entire movie is about how the legacy of the previous generation influences those who follow them

they threw her in the trash compactor i think

>That general in TFA looked like he just walked off the set of Harry Potter or some shit.

toppest of keks

I can imagine Huk getting a call from his mother after the loss of Starkiller Base asking him when he's going to be done playing soldier with his friends and how his father would be so disapointed in him.

I think that was intentional. The mask and costume are like a persona he puts on. It's why he doesn't like most people to see his face. Just Rey because he wanted to connect with her in that moment for some reason.

I'm going to die laughing if Reylo turns out to be real.

Stop browsing Tumblr. Problem solved.

I don't understand why people care about this. Just let women gush over whatever the fuck they want. It doesn't make a difference in anything. It sure as fuck won't change Star Wars because they've had this story mapped out for a long time, apparently.

Was it ever stated that Hux isn't force sensitive?

I don't know, too fucked up to look it up

>progressive white female protagonist
>urban youth protagonist
>scrawny rat-faced jew antagonist
>now a lesbian protagonist in the sequel

We get it, JJ

As if anakin wasn't a little insecure beta male who threw tantrums?

everyone said he was probably the most interesting character. Rey was the one who got all the hate

Why would he?

We don't know whether he was a good character or not until the sequels arrive. As it stands, he was a weak villain, but they could be setting something up with him.

>if

That's not Boyega

Boyega did good with what he had but as a character, Finn was a mess.

Finn was basically Luke in ANH except instead of being naive he was cowardly. I expected them to do a lot more with the whole Stormtrooper brainwashing mindfuck stuff, but he shook that programming off like it was nothing.

That, combined with Phasma's disloyalty, really put me off. The First Order really does not have their shit together.