Mock Draft for first 20 teams:
1. Browns - Myles Garrett EDGE (TA&M)
2. 49ers - Deshone Kizer QB (UND)
3. Bears - Mitch Trubisky QB (UNC)
4. Jaguars - Johnathan Allen DT (BAMA)
5. Titans - Malik Hooker S (OSU)
6. Jets - Quincy Wilson CB (UF)
7. Chargers - Jamal Adams S (LSU)
8. Panthers - Leonard Fournette RB (LSU)
9. Bengals - Derek Barnett EDGE (UT)
10. Bills - Cam Robinson OT (BAMA)
11. Saints - Marshawn Lattimore CB (OSU)
12. Browns - Mike Williams WR (CLEM)
13. Cardinals - Malik McDowell DE (MSU)
14. Eagles - Dalvin Cook RB (FSU)
15. Colts - Rueben Foster ILB (BAMA)
16. Ravens - Marlon Humphrey CB (BAMA)
17. Redskins - Chris Wormley DL (UM)
18. Titans - Corey Davis WR (UWM)
19. Buccaneers - Jabrill Peppers S (UM)
20. Broncos - Zach Cunningham ILB (VAND)

Thoughts?

>Thoughts?
For one of the few times in the last 25 years I haven't the faintest idea who is at the top of the NFL draft boards and what player I hope my team selects.

The Pats will draft Mccaffrey and create a white only offense.

McCaffery would be the perfect piece for that offense though. Great vision, able to move out wide, versatile in the backfield

Well for starters, scouts are comparing Myles Garrett to Clowney only more complete as a true pass rushing 4-3 DE and a true athletic freak.

I would love it if the Pats picked him up but I think they need corners and pass rushers more than they need running backs.

I think snagging McCaffery is the smart decision because there is plenty of CB value in this draft and there are some pass rushers set to hit free agency such as Melvin Ingram that could definitely shore up those holes.

Clowney always seemed very athletic to me, but his endurance/effort was lacking.

I hope that Howie has the balls to take Watson at 14. Wentz was obviously a mistake, but he was able to recoup a lot of the cost for moving up for him so he's not as married to the blunder as he otherwise would have been.

Garrett has the better motor between the two and Id say he'll have similar combine results. The Browns reportedly "have an astronomical grade" on him so hes the clear cut favorite for the number one overall pick.

I disagree that Wentz is a bust by any means. The run game is wildly inconsistent while Jordan Matthews has no help around him from other receivers. Dalvin Cook would instantly dominate the backfield and take pressure off Wentz

While that may be true, they are desperately in need of a QB.

However, the browns might not test their luck after their previous 38 failures in QB choices.

There is a way to go with that abortion of a franchise and I always prefer to build the lines first.

Wentz isn't a bust. He may even become ELITE. But fuck, it might not have been worth it to trade so much to get him, considering how many holes the Eagles have.

Agreed, but the two first round QBs in this draft are better valued in the middle of the first but the league is so hungry for QBs itll push these QBs up early.
None of this is good for the Browns for their QB situation but it will give them the opportunity to continue to take best player available throughout the draft.

I think it was necessary and by taking the Vikings first rounder and sending off maxwell and Kiko to Miami they recovered most of the capital they lost in that trade with the Browns. That front seven is great. The real issues are with the RB, WR and CB position. Within the next couple years the NFC East should be a nasty and highly competitive division.

They shitty drafts by Roseman followed by the shitty drafts and retarded personnel decisions of Charles "Chip" Kelly are the reason they have so many holes in the first place. The eagles having more draft picks won't fix a fucking thing.

The Pats don't need big draft picks to make their offense better, its elite no matter what, wasn't it entirely made up from 2nd and later rounders last season (barring Steven Jackson).

They will just constantly draft defense over and over.

>Within the next couple years
The east was very close to having half of the NFC playoff teams this year.

Nah it'll work out. This is a deep CB class and if all works out, the Eagles will have a workhorse RB, a starting CB, extra depth in the later rounds and thats not even including free agency.

True and while i like what the Redskins have on paper, making it come together for playoffs will take another offseason or two.

But thats also considering a Tom Brady in his younger years. These long live QBs are unprecedented which is why the Saints continue to gamble with Brees. Like we saw with Peyton, that dropoff can occur at any point. After that Cardinals playoff loss to the Panthers last year i thought we were watching it happen again with Palmer. Older QBs are more prone to talent fluctuations and thats one of the few lessons learned from the new age of "old" QBs so it would be wise to reload the offense. Brady and Darth Hoodie wont be around forever and i believe they will exit the organization at the same time so preparing for the long term would be wise.

Probably, though hard to tell with that shitty owner.

Lions are back in the playoffs but might be the worst team in the field (0-5 vs other playoff teams this year). They seem close to making a run but I know them well enough to be content they just made the playoffs and will soon be blown out in Seattle. Just like the glory days of the Wayne Fontes era.

The GM and Coach arent bad but I do agree the ownership is toxic just like with the Niners organization.
I think they will beat the Seahawks. On paper the Lions are the superior team. Earl Thomas isnt there so there scheme is struggling defensively. Additionally that oline is probably the worst in the league. Ansah should have a field day.

God, this year's QB stock is absolutely abysmal lol

There are bright spots though. This years class is superior to last years on potential upside by leaps and bounds. If that Josh Allen kid decides to declare he could be a developmental steal in the second to third round.

Could be worse.

Remember when Hackenberg was at the top of QB lists.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Lol. He will probably get cut this offseason. Hes behind Bryce Petty on the depth chart and its not even close.

True.

Fuck meme spread QBs being too effective at the college level. Even Alabama now has converted to the running QB. It's really fucking up NFL development

Fuck are you talking about? 2 legit franchise QB's and some nice spot start options, with Mahomes being a project worth putting effort into. This is probably the best QB class since 2012.

Its a shame. If refuse to watch BIG 12 games because of that reason no defense and no play development.
There are so many talented QBs that arent taught the basics of the pro system that sputter out and fail producing these weak classes.
Heres to hoping the pro style offense makes a comback to make my evaluations slightly easier.

Who is the best CB prospect and how likely will he go to the Raiders

Asking for a friend

Teez Tabor from Florida, 0% chance he slips out of top 15.

Outside Wentz and Dak

The only QB that looked promising from preseason and regular is Connor Cook who throws pretty good spirals just needs to be more patient and Cody Kessler who looks like he stud if he just had a better run game and a clear #1 receiver

Kizer will bust bigger than Manziel. Book it

You mean a one year starter and an unproven winner? The top two QBs in this draft are mid first rounders at best. The potential is there for top 10 status but those are all upside projections not the products in front of us.
Watson is a late first rounder/early second rounder. Beyond that Josh Allen is the next best QB. The rest are spread junkies that run air raid offenses that are difficult to project and pad stats and efficiency. The 2014 class was far and large superior.

Quincy Wilson and not likely. Top 10 pick while Raiders are in playoffs. Not a high probability.

>Watson is a late first rounder/early second rounder

I bet last year you were saying Kaaya was #1 overall talent.

Sure.

Holy hell what a name

Teez loses the ball behind him. His stock is slipping to the point he might fall to the later part of the first round.

I think his combine will push him way back up. He's gonna test really well.

Not at all. I had Watson number one on my big board leaving the National Championship game last year. He surgically eviscerated that Bama defense.

I disagree on Kizer. He is more likely to succeed due to the fact he played in a pro system, he has pocket presence, and he isnt a drug addict.

In what fucking world is Notre Dame's offense a pro system? It's the same garbage spread with simplistic reads that every team runs in CFB now.

I dont see him making it back into the top ten. CB talent is deep this year and bad tape could be (probably should be) enough to keep him in the mid to late first range.

They are spread but they run more pro concepts than your traditional spread offense. Hes taken snaps from under center

1: Taking snaps from under center means literally nothing in terms of pro concepts.

2: He's taken like 10 snaps under center in the past year. Brian Kelly is obsessed with doing everything from Shotgun, despite having a Center that can't snap in shotgun, or if it's a fucking monsoon out.

Taking snaps from under center is extremely important.
Additionally he makes more reads in his film, which is why he hold on to the ball too long.

In more of reference to his starting stats than his failings at life. He wont breach 60% completion in his career as a starting QB. His mechanics need a ton of work, he's too young to go with his current skill set, he's going to get drafted to either the browns or the 49ers most likely and they're both proven to help regress QB mechanics. His 'pro style offense' usually consists of 1 read. I've never seen him make a full progression of reads and his decision making is terrible.

Taking snaps from under center doesn't matter at all. Mariota never took a snap under center and looked fantastic. Same with Derek Carr, and Cam Newton. Meanwhile Carson Wentz played primarily under center and was underwhelming at best. Center snaps mean nothing.

Agree to disagree I guess. I could say that his low completion percentage is due to inexperienced WRs and Ive seen enough reads in his progressions to see a developable QB.
His mechanics definitely need work but if he does get snagged by the Bears or the Browns I have faith John Fox or Hue Jackson can develop him. He is fucked if the Niners decide to grab him though and they dont have a superior HC.

However speaking of the Titans and Mariota I how absolutely shit a brick if i were a rival divisional fan and the Titans snagged Corey Davis in the draft. He is a monster and my favorite WR in this draft.

If they get him an actual WR, and if he comes back healthy, the Titans should own the AFCS. I think John Ross better fits his skillset, but Corey Davis is pretty fucking good. See a lot of Allen Robinson in him.

Baker Mayfield looks pro ready and some lucky team is going to get him in the second

Like the browns

>Like the browns
rip in peaces Mayfield

I'm just not as high on John Ross as Corey Davis. Davis is a versatile route runner with size that like you said is similar to Allen Robinson who is to mean a healthier Alshon Jeffery clone which are all great favorable comparisons when speaking on WRs.

Ross might not have Davis' size, but he's craftier and much sharper with his routes. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but he reminds me a LOT of Isaac Bruce. And I don't make that comparison lightly.

Thats quite a bold statement. Im not sure i would go that far.

Trubisky has to be the biggest bust of the recent years, he literally only played one full season and lost 5 games. The 49ers also won't draft a QB, especially not Kizer when there are plenty of experienced QBs on the market after the season.

ask a UNC fan anything about Trubisky... I honestly think he might be coming back though. He really does need more snaps, 10 games Isnt enough

Coming from a Titans fan, I would not be mad at all if they drafted Mike Williams at 5 and a DB at 18. The draft is super deep this year for CBs so it's kind of comforting to be in need.

>tfw poised to lose in the second round to Matt Ryan and the Falcons yet again

RB Samaje Perine, RB Joseph Yearby, LB T.J. Watt, QB Patrick Mahomes, LB Jabrill Peppers all official. No surprises I guess.

I didn't watch a lot of UT this year, but how does Derek Barnett compare to Garrett?
A friend of mine said that Barnett would possibly have a higher ceiling than Garrett but isn't as good now.

They will also draft Westerkamp

Mayfield is going back to school.

Why would the Jets not grab a QB?

>Ohio State CB Gareon Conley has declared for the NFL draft

Hooker and Conley. Wew.

Iggles are probably gonna take Corey davis if he's still there desu.
They can take an RB in the second or third.

Read something where it said joe mixon is undraftable.

Is the nfl really that pussy where they won't let man who won mutual combat vs a woman play in their league?

The verdict is out on Trubisky, however I made this mock with the provision no one trades picks after yesterday. More than likely i see the 49ers trading down.

He should return but i think his draft stock is too high now and he will consider the fact his safety blanket in Ryan Switzer will be gone.

I would be, especially when there are two top ten safeties available and Mike Williams would be a reach at five. We have already seen in the last draft that the Titans can expertly manuever draft day. I see no reason they will reach for Williams when there are three number one WRs in this class and two projected to the middle of the first round.

>CB Sidney Jones, DL Elijah Qualls, S Budda Baker declare for the #NFLDraft

Barnett is hands down the number two pass rusher in this draft. Quick feet, explosive hands, great resumé. I prefer him to set the edge on a run play and stop it in the backfield. Garrett is the superior athlete and pass rusher. However i see Garretts transition to 3-4 OLB as a bigger curve than Barnett as Barnett has better coverage and run stopping ability in my book.

Many execs and scouts have a late first to second round grade on Watson and they blew a second round pick on Hackenberg last season. I think they wait until next years much stronger QB class and grab a mid to late round QB.
Picking Quincy Wilson will give them a shutdown number one corner to replace Revis. Additionally there are some free agent QBs available that could come in during the offseason.

I was stuck between mocking Mike Williams or Dalvin Cook, but Dalvin Cook is the superior talent and they would have a yound Shady McCoy/Jamal Charles hybrid which would take immense pressure off Wentz. Plus Doug Peterson is from the Andy Reid coaching tree. A strong run game is necessary for that offensive scheme.

A bunch of teams are going to try to steal him in the mid rounds. No one gives a fuck about abuse or any other crime as long as you put up numbers. GMs are already kicking themselves over hill

hmm i posted this in /nfl/, but i guess it fits here more

1. Myles Garrett, DE, Cleveland Browns
2. Mitch Trubisky, QB, San Francisco 49ers
3. Jonathan Allen, DE, Chicago Bears
4. Teez Tabor, CB, Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Mike Williams, WR, Tennessee Titans
6. Malik Hooker, S, New York Jets
7. Jamal Adams, S, San Diego Chargers
8. Leonard Fournette, RB, Carolina Panthers
9. Tim Williams, DE, Cincinnati Bengals
10. Deshone Kizer, QB, Buffalo Bills
11. Derek Barnett, DE, New Orleans Saints
12. Marlon Humphrey, CB, New York Jets
13. Jabrill Peppers, DB/LB, Arizona Cardinals
14. Corey Davis, WR, Philadelphia Eagles
15. Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Indianapolis Colts
16. Dalvin Cook, RB, Baltimore Ravens
17. Malik McDowell, DT, Washington Redskins
18. Quincy Wilson, CB, Tennessee Titans
19. John Ross, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20. Cam Robinson, OT, Denver Broncos
21. Reuben Foster, LB, Detroit Lions
22. Desmond King, CB, Miami Dolphins
23. Zach Cunningham, LB, New York Giants
24. Jarrad Davis, LB, Oakland Raiders
25. Dan Feeney, OG, Houston Texans
26. Sidney Jones, CB, Green Bay Packers
27. Garrett Bolles, OT, Seattle Seahawks
28. Takkarist McKinley, OLB, Pittsburgh Steelers
29. Chris Wormley, DT, Atlanta Falcons
30. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Kansas City Chiefs
31. Marcus Williams, S, Dallas Cowboys
32. Carl Lawson, DE, New England Patriots

Thats completely false look at the OT from the last two drafts that took hits on their draft stock due to far less reprehensive matters. Tunsil slipped out of the top ten due to a little weed and that La'el Collins kid became a free agent due to the fact he was a witness in a murder investigation. Off field issues are huge these days.

There are a lot of value problems i see here but it is possible.
Mainly I can't get past your Jalen Tabor, Mike Williams, and Peppers picks.
Peppers is the biggest issue only because the Cardinals have Deone Buchanon who is a similar style player.

Its also similiar to the Matt Miller Mock who i believe values player who values players wrong and doesnt project how a teams front office can be erratic.
I also have a hard time seeing Johnathan Allen going to the Bears when they need secondary, WR, and QB help. The Bears fromt seven is strong but struggles to its terrible secondary. I just dont see them addressing a postition of strength especially when they brought in free agents last year at DE.

Is he actually good or just a Switzer babby

How did you feel about the ref stripping Trub for a fumble

if Allen can drop to the Titans that would be amazing.

Garrett said he didn't want to go to a cold weather team

Guess he'll just have to get the fuck over it. He's a brownie now

>"Whoever picks me up, I'm going to try and play my best for, to be the best player on the field at any given time. It doesn't matter who picks me up, I'm going to try and be a franchise player for them."
he is going to get over it

Why?
That secondary must be addressed. The Titans will run away with the Division for years if they can address that secondary.

>Draftfu

The entire 'Bama defense

I heard Garret told his agent he won't sign with the browns

He will sign. He will lose too much money if he doesnt.

Thats only the top 20 too. That defense is load as always.

They really didn't give up that much if you consider the fact that we got a 1st back for Bradford

People don't seriously rate Leonard Fournette over Dalvin Cook right?

Fournette is gonna bust as hard as Trent Richardson, trust me.

The Pats will give the Bears Jimmy G to trade up to the 3rd pick

Dalvin Cook is more pro ready but Fournette is the traditional Pro Bowl power runner. He definitely won't bust but he isnt a finished product either.

I hope not. That would put the Bears behind even farther.

I don't think Fournette goes in the top 10.

I'm mocking him to the Colts tbqh.

Who is the best player available after Myles Garrett?

The Bears aren't that retarded.

Honestly, I would hope that all of the teams aren't retarded enough to trade a first to the Patriots.