What do you do after you realize that nothing you do in life matters, and we are all going to die anyways ?

what do you do after you realize that nothing you do in life matters, and we are all going to die anyways ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QctT0Oc_uQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Turn 16

Have a good time while you are here.

Fuck bitches

Sauce on this?

I ask myself why I haven't killed myself and I remember I have a loving family and it wouldn't be fair on them, so here I am, awake at 5 in the morning on Sup Forums on my mobile

You realise you have nothing to lose and move to Syria to kill some sand-niggers. Either return a hero or die, you don't give a shit.

Become a Buddhist and realize the ride never ends

The ride never ends

It never ends

What did those Sand-niggers ever do to you? If you're American, especially, that haven't done shit to you.

get high.

Shut up asshole they fuck kids and stone gays

Shot myself in the head, twice.

But to become enlightened means you stop the rebirthing cycle

Decaded my life to science

>what do you do after you realize that nothing you do in life matters, and we are all going to die anyways ?
Turn 15

and reincarnate again
dont fuck lives up

>blatantly ignores the first post and posts 'original' joke..

Might as well enjoy what's left of your life, nothing you will ever do can impact the earth in the long run, so just stay here and do nothing.

Or you can also kill yourself if you wish to see the unknown

kill myself
>inb4 how could you post this then

I use dialup so it took a while to post

Fuckn summer

Sex

SAUCE

Not to sound dynamic like a sappy autist, but what we do with our lives will have an impact on the lives of future generations. I have a goal in life to create a thorium powered nuclear reactor that's both highly efficient and clean. Ifor I can do this I'll power the world for hundreds of years, hey and even if I can't I may find some valuable data in my studies

Summer what? Summerfags?

Are you me?
My mother has depression, don't think she could handle it.

If this is true, you're a fairly inspiring person user.

Whatever you want because, as you pointed out, it doesnt matter.

Everything in life matters, you've just told yourself that so you don't have to take responsibility for your own actions. You want to live a hedonistic lifestyle without consequence. You've brainwashed yourself. The sooner you realise everything you do matters and start taking responsibility the sooner you'll find meaning in life and find genuine happiness instead of empty pleasure from fapping your days away...

And what after those 100 years, did any of them really matter? What if the world and humanity ends and it was all wasted? What if humanity lives on forever developing where is the meaning???

Yeah I feel you dude. They'd blame themselves to some extent and it wouldn't be fair on them..

Everything you do matters in the sense that is has a reaction or a consequence yeah, if you wanna be so technical about it.. but what difference could happiness possibly make? Does it make you forget how shit and unfair the world is?

Wrong nothing matters. Look at a guy 200 years ago. Does anyone remember his life or accomplishments? Nope.
It might matter to close friends and relatives but only till your memory fades into black.

In 10 thousand years will anything you have done matter to anyone? Will your toils and emotional connections mean anything? Will anyone care that you existed? No.

Not to also sound sappy and autistic but I, too, am concerned with my impact on others' lives. Which is why I am creating a beryllium powered nuclear reactor with which I will generate an atomic explosion capable of igniting the atmosphere and destroying all mankind that's also efficient and clean. If I can do this I'll have become the most significant person in human history, prevented potentially infinite suffering and finally killed Clair Danes.

Watch this in it's entirety - it's only 12 minutes, seriously, you'll feel better...

youtu.be/QctT0Oc_uQQ

How ironic.

The older you get the less you care because you come to terms with the fact that outside of your close social circle nothing you really do matters after your gone. Someone else will run the fortune 500 company. Someone else will get tour money and property. Someone else will have control over your lifetime of achievements before those memories fade into abscurity.

Why do you care about your family? You'd be dead and whatever they do wouldn't impact you nor would you be able to see it.
And why let someone else's emotions rule over your life? You're basically a prisoner if you are only living for the enjoyment of others, like a puppet.

This is very much true, but I cant help feeling emotions.
Not the same guy btw

The advocate killing people that don't belive their religion. I fall into that catagory. Therfore, they are a direct threat to me and my safety just by existing.

I've asked myself that question many times.. I guess my family are worth it, I'll stay along for the ride for their sake. They've invested too much time and resources for me to throw it all away now.. maybe when I'm older I'll go through with it..

Not going to watch. I assume it's some heart string pulling butterfly effect garbage.
Point is that people want to believe they matter hence religion and reincarnation etc. But personally I believe we die and are done, gone, end of story. So beyond what we as humans keep alive through history and tradition, nothing we do matters and we are just anot her blip in time. We can impact our surrounding but nothing in the universe is constant. So our impacts will eventually fade or be replaced.

So do the redneck Trump voters in Red States.
Drops mic.

This is why you fail. You assume wrong btw...

And that is why people on other boards make fun of Sup Forums

Okay well how about both then?

yup yolo do what makes you happy and don't give a shit about anyone else. Or go through a pathetic mid-life crisis and die a god-fearing retard.

Nothing worthwhile

FAKE NEWS!

Shut up, dumbass

Turn 13

ah, the joy of atheism! you might not matter, but I do. hope you find Jesus before it's too late.

You go through a period of soul searching, but once you realize you don't have a soul, everything looks GR8.

Jesus man, life isn't that grandiose. Sure you could go become the leader of a fortune 500 company, but the world doesn't owe you shit.

Furthermore, there's really no reason that you have to be 'successful' by conventional terminology. Figure out what you want, and go get it. That's all. Rinse and repeat. You can't forget about the fact that life is just this moment, right now. Wanna be a ufc star? Great! Get to training! But don't kid yourself by thinking that even if you achieve that goal, your life won't still be a string of mediocre and frustrating times in gyms late at night, making shakes early in the morning wishing you could go back to sleep, sweating in the hot sun fucking with your ipod, etc.
I found out what I wanted and I worked for it. I wanted to cook in a kitchen, so I busted ass and now I'm a chef. I wanted a family life, so I spent years and years doing the girlfriend thing until I found a girl worth keeping, now we have a house. This is my dream, and I'm achieving it little by little, day by day. You figure out what you want, and go get that. That's the 'secret' to happiness, user. Not to endless bliss, mind you, but happiness.

As a small aside, the 80/20 rule is great. Try allocating 20 percent of your free time in a day towards working towards your goals. You'll see instant and satisfying results. Are you a fat slob? Spend thirty minutes at the gym, thirty minutes doing dishes and laundry, and thirty minutes spread out throughout the day being more on top of life. (i.e., ten minutes early to work every day instead of ten minutes late.)

You needn't worry about overcoming the gigantic pressure of realizing everything is meaningless. Instead, rejoice in the realization that you give your own life meaning, instead of some oppressive God or government assigning meaning to your life.

Enjoy the time I have, take care of the ones I love and leave the world a little better than I found it.

Stop being a fucking bummer and enjoy my time on this earth. Just because you're nihilistic doesn't mean you have to be negative. There is an optimistic way to accept humanity...

You're a useless waste of flesh that hates itself and always will because you refuse to take responsibility for anything. A permanent child that will eat itself from boredom before it pulls a load.

Chosen work and fulfilling a role is its own reward. That's what it's about.

What the fuck is an adult doing on Sup Forums?

Try out new things, but this time with beeing more calm and content. Got a gf that way the best one take that chad.

that doesnt make you an autist. smh. contribute to society user. make it so future kids never have to deal with the shit with had to deal with.

Wisdom. Also you don't have to get in shape if you don't give a fock about that. Just accept stuff and go for it.

This.
Stop being such a miserable faggot or kill yourself already.

I've been here since 2010, user. Sup Forums has always been shit, btw

Fuckin truth. You don't have to be fit, or smart, or successful, none of that shit. If your lifelong goal is to waste away and do speedruns of the snes Lion King game, then fuck it. Do that.

stop giving a fuck

This
And this
Wait til you realize they dont matter.
Also wondered why suicidal people dont do this but people that kill themselves are the people most afraid of everything.
Did an oz and a half of dried shrooms and realized I am god, jesus and buddha.
We have a thinker!!
Also this
Excellent! Realize we are all slaves and opt out of the bullshit. Fuck the human race.
So your glass is half empty?
Virgin detected.
We are human shit factories that feed the micro organisms that are the true ruler. Realize your job in life is to be stressed and shit for a more intellectual design you will not understand.

Come here

commit sudoku

After you realise nothing matters, you can do whatever the fuck you want. But don't rape someone like a faggot

Write stories about waking up as a cockroach, or about killing an Arab on a French beach.

>what do you do after you realize that nothing you do in life matters, and we are all going to die anyways ?

Slide my dick down your mom's throat and chuckle as she asphyxiates on my load.

That what religion is for

A lot of drugs. I mean a lot. I don't mean like some pot and pills. No i mean like a fuck ton of heroin and acid. Get fucked up enough, and your life will have purpose. I mean the main purpose will be addiction but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

you do what you want to do

Make threads on Sup Forums.

Continue living, even better than before.

You have just answered an age old question,, with an answer that contains thought and logic that cannot be questioned due to it's lack of fault.

10/10 user, you deserve a nobel prize.

Live life reassured that, because of your universal insignificance, you probably won't ruin the lives of more than 15 people, meaning you're a good person, relatively speaking.

This so hard. Mom has depression and anxiety. She got addicted to some fucked up prescription meds and I know if I killed myself it would push her to the edge and I love my Mom too much to let that happen

My mom killed herself when I was 16, so what am I supposed to take from that?

Well after browsing through this thread a lot of ideas have been thrown around. It has occurred to me a few times that we are after all just evolved apes on a small rock spinning around a star in an infinitely expanding universe. And that my life is literally nothing in the space of time. The actions I do mean nothing, I am pretty much nothing in the grand space of things. The only reason I am here is because the primal urge to mate and reproduce has occurred repeatedly over many generations. I have also come to terms that there is nothing after death, there is no prize at the end of this shitty race. Just darkness, like turning a TV off.

So to answer OP's question the reason I haven't killed myself is because unlike some of the faggot loving, trap fantasizing fags that browse this board I like to think that I can apply myself to help the future of humanity. Weather it be just be a good citizen or learn new skills refine myself and then start to earn money. Then solve problems with that money. I like to think with logic and some luck I can change the world.
Or I may just end up homeless faggot on the street masturbating a lot and living in my own filth either way at least I can say that lived in one of the most exciting periods in the history of humanity.

Oh and another reason is because I'm waiting for season 3 ep 2 of Rick and Morty to come out aswell.

>Figure out what you want, and go get it. That's all.
I want to live forever.

>fake smile

whatever you want

This.
Whatever you want. As soon as you realize that nothing you do will matter in the end, the world is your oyster.

Are you me?

so its jealousy?

You live your life. It's actually quite liberating. The most meaningful thing I could ever do is something that will have me remembered for a few thousand years (which is bonkers unlikely) at most, but even this won't be meaningful in any absolute sense. There's no voyeuristic god judging my actions (particularly when they hurt nobody), and no chance of eternal suffering (or at least the exact same chance everyone else has as there is an infinite number of possible religions/gods, so the chance of getting it correct is ~0). Like anyone else who does believe they are being judged by a god, you pursue your own happiness and follow your own code of ethics (there may be no absolute morality, but pretty much everyone has their own opinion on morality). The problems we face in life begin to seem inconsequential (which is the first misstep of this realization, you or I may not matter, but it is natural for things to matter to us and even seem very very important and there is nothing wrong with it), but this normalizes in time.

Like I said, it's liberating when you realize this.

Become a nihilist
Freeload off the government

Most white people in America are just sitting ducks being waited to get robbed and killed by a nigger.

90% of them are completely unaware of the savage jungle monkey in their presence.

Same thing can be said about Europeans and Islam.

The world is going to burn.

Yeah, but ultimately people will forget you eventually (do we know who created the wheel?). This of course implies that you are successful and your design revolutionizes power generation for centuries to come. None of us matter. Don't let it deter you, you may do great things, but don't delude yourself into thinking that you will immortalize yourself in society's memory. We will eventually forget people like Aristotle and Alexander the Great as we have forgotten the creator of fire.