ANOTHER ONE: Axel Witsel is reportedly on the verge of a move to the Chinese Super League

"Axel Witsel has revealed he turned down a move to Italian giants Juventus because of the money he was offered to join the Chinese Super League."

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4081702/Axel-Witsel-reveals-turned-Juventus-transfer-China-crucial-offer-family.html

>Witsel

Who cares, might as well go play football on the moon as far as I'm concerned

There's no difference between playing in Russia and China, might as well go where the money is (since that's why he came to Russia in the first place). It's kind of shitty how he was "I want to go to Juve" every season as if he had some special ambition.

He could've been a v decent player

Fkn mercenaries

Russian clubs can play in UCL. Chinese ones play AFC Champions League.

>play in UCL
Barely. For the money they have they're really pathetic. And after the GS they're not even competing internally so they're always easy prey

This is why soccer is fucking lame, its just about buying players and that is it. How can you guys watch a sport when only 5 teams have a chance at actually winning?

I seriously don't get how that is fun to watch in anyway, especially as a mid level club fan. What's the fucking point of another team can just outspend you?

Institute a major Luxury cap like in Major League Baseball. The Yankees have already stopped spending insane amounts of money and they havent won anything in 8 years.

Take the money and don't listen to idiots pretending they wouldn't do the same simply because they know they will never ever be in that situation

CHINKED

This - hell, baseball players still get paid an exorbitant amount of money but there's still more parity than futbol.

The bigger problem that I have is that players regularly don't honor contracts and seem to get away with it anyway. And the media doesn't harass them enough.

>"(Player) just signed a new 5 year deal with a big raise!!! Congrats!!!" (Media pretends, every time, that this means commitment).
>Player has one bad season or the club itself has one bad season
>"And it looks like (Club) has swooped in and made a much greater offer for (Player). (Player) says that he's open to leaving and would love to play for them!"
>Player leaves contract years earlier than supposed to
>"Good luck and thanks!!!"

Like, what the fuck? First of all, they need to find a way to better enforce contacts. Second of all, players should not feel so freely able to openly talk in the media about other clubs they'd love to play for, or how they may not honor their contract, right in the middle of the season! That's madness. The media should hound them and and the fans should despise such talk and hold their feet to the fire, but Euros seem to have a "them's the breaks" cuck attitude about it.

Honestly I don't fucking care.

If the best football end up being in China, I'll watch China league, and that's it.

Going to stadium is boring and overrated anyway.

that would be hilarius really, if china became the 1. footballing leauge

I knew speaking chinese would have some use!

>being this autistic

Maximum jej

They don't back out of the contracts though, the purchasing club buys them out of the contract, it's why you pay a lot more for a player with 4 years left on a contract than you would a player with 1 year. They can refuse to let the player leave if they want but then you're stuck with an unhappy player who will a) probably not perform well or b) destabilise the rest of the squad.

I hope one of these teams will put in a bid for Berahino. His contract is nearly up and no one in the Premiership seems interested any more

Why are hues such mercenaries?

Then the other players on the team should pressure that player into not acting unhappy. In the USA we don't have this very often because unhappy players are USUALLY (there are examples otherwise but it's not the norm) pressured to act fine and tote the company line until their contract runs out or they work out a trade behind the scenes.

Players should never talk openly in the media about how they want to leave without feeling as though they'll be ostracized in the locker room and by fans. Disgraceful.

he is going to Everton

pic

I'd bet you '''support''' a team that isn't from your city

>find a way to better enforce contracts
Trying to imagine being this retarded

It's shit, user

Teams have a limit of 4 foreign players, and the rest are awful. Also, the goalkeepers MUST be Chinese, so that just makes things easier for the star players going there.

Don't worry, they'll put in practice their Yu Dabao solution in a bunch of lower league italian and portuguese teams

Kek we'll never see this slug with belgium ever again

TieleGOAT when

2018 its coming home

Based China

oh hell no, not the god axel witsel, not my nigga the footballing god axel witsel who is great at footballing and such, oh hell nah

I recall reading some interviews with foreigners who played there for a season or two and they said that the reffing was horribly corrupt. This was a few years ago though.

>Leicester
>RB Leipzig
>OGC Nice
All mid to lower table teams challenging for their respective league titles right now (or already won it in Leicester's case) with a fraction of the budget of the big teams.

thanks god

>Then the other players on the team should pressure that player into not acting unhappy.

Also, reigning champions have been relegated.

Nobody gives a fuck about european clubs, only if they are childhood dreams like R. Madrid or for me Fiorentina.

We are in another continent and we support our teams, why would we give a fuck about some plastic club in a tiny island?

Southamericans go there to earn more money and because the CL is great.

>muh career
You'd have to be a literal fucking moron to not go to China if they're offering you £500,000 etc. a WEEK