vimeo.com/122872950
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i saw the rlm vid so i dont need to watch it thanks

It sucks

barb had it coming

bumping with best girl.

fite me

Its good

I want to smack my ding dong on her face.

Was she a gay?

Eleven is literally Furiosa

THICK

Hiroshimoot needs to ban all Stranger things discussion threads until next season.

You guys are ALMOST as bad as GOT fags

So is this like AHS, with a miniseries each season?

She stares when Skeletor changes her top so i think so.

you forgot to call it stg op

Good series but not really kino tier

no

I've never actually seen it but I still greatly hate it

>El still alive
>Jonathan is a cuck
>Soundtrack was good

whens the next season?

I didn't see a general in the catalogue when I made the thread m8. Muh bad.

tumblr.com/search/barbara stranger things
WHY is this so much fanart of this ugly skank?

Bump with our king

Is El the monster?

She's not the monster. She saved him.

Because she's not ugly, she's a thicc qt in frumpy clothes and glasses to make you think she's ugly

reminder that Steve is based and Jonathan was best when he was just the guy looking for his brother

>all these failed normies praising Steve cause they think he's an alpha.

LMAO
M
A
O

>its a SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO episode

Steve isn't alpha, but he is a better character than Jonathon who we're supposed to be rooting for.

fucking spoilers but you shouldn't be in this thread if you haven't finished the whole eight episode season yet.

1/2

okay brenner basically gets offscreen killed. he's jumped and then we're supposed to assume dead. I bet he comes back in season 2 with an eyepatch or some shit.

barb was entombed and had a slug thing crawling out of her mouth, that's all we see of her. come on, she did not deserve that. will somehow not killed right away but barb never had a chance?

the upside down, what even is its nature? it has all our buildings, there are even lights on in the last episode. but somehow it has its own ecosystem with one single predator? is it a parallel world that got fucked up/ nuked/ whatever? is it like a dream world?

I don't want to believe that el created the demogorgon or the other world. that shrinks the in-show universe, it's like the equivalent of every major character being related (if it turned out rey is luke's daughter in star wars 8, or related to another key character). I'd prefer if it was merely discovered by accident, like xen in halflife was just a bridge and then o fuk.

All that growth taking over the basement? can they not destroy it? does it have sentience? did the gate get closed? with the creature gone, will the G-men explore/ exploit the other side?

Poor Shepherd.

Why was demogorgon immune to bullets? That makes it seem like a dream/ magical creature.

Why G-men picked up hopper at the end? Was he with them all along? Was he fulfilling part of their deal? What's up with the food box? Is that to lure her out so the G-men can have her? Does he somehow have a secret El that no one knows about?

Was El his daughter instead of Jane Ives?

G-lady sets up Chekov's Gun by talking to their teacher about AV club but holy shit, what? Never used. They didn't even bug his house or tap his phone because toothful calls him and has a long conversation about sensory deprivation.

>Was El his daughter instead of Jane Ives?
Yeah man I think she was. I think he's secretly working for the gov't considering that scene when he's outside and they pick him up in a car and he doesn't even resist. Seemed out of character for him to just get in without so much as a sarcastic remark.

2/2

William pukes up a slug parasite thing and flashes over to the other side, this must have been happening all month because he gets right back to talking about atari or whatever.

So is it a dream world that he just accesses because he's scared? Did the slug make him semi part of that world and now he can't escape it? Did he actually go to the other side or just saw it? Will that slug brew in the sewer, start a colony, fuck everything up? Why was he not getting checkups after being so fucked up and having that tube in his throat?

What about the six other people who disappeared? Barb was still intact but in the 'nest' you see at least one human skeleton. It could be the scientist from the first episode, Shepherd, or even a human from its world?

The fucking gate, how do they leave through the basement but show up in an empty field?

What was the russian guy saying?

What did they want with the other side/ that creature? Any specific plans or just curiosity?

Because chubby tumblr girls empathize with her

you're an idiot

they're both good characters, but Steve is the one that gets the hate from /r9k/ losers such as yourself because he's a "chad," which he isnt

>will somehow not killed right away bu barb never had a chance

barb did have a chance, the monster didn't attack her for a good 15 seconds

Will is mentioned several times in the series as "being good at hiding"

also he had a gun

what are they even going to do for a second season?

get El back?

Fite the drain slug in the town's sewers?

I personally want to know why nothing else really mattered about the shadow world. There's a lot of interesting things that could've been done with that, but it seems like they just forgot to make it important later in the show.

>writers confirmed JonathonxNacy for S2

I enjoyed it, but I would be more excited for the second season if it was an anthology series. The plot lines they teased in the last episode are shit.

>inconsistent
>doest make any sense
>cape shit tier

agreed.

>Hopper struggles with now being controlled by G-men

>searching for El and only getting her at the end of the season

>Will getting sick/ dying/ "we have to go back"

>paraslug infests sewers/ huge growth mass/ new gate.

>nancy pregnant to make her character a mindless husk "mother" instead of a unique individual with interests and goals

>same exact monster comes back

>give all characters some sort of past connection/ fate/ blood relation

>the teacher never finds out about anything, just turns into a complete tool of a character

Good sequels build on the original, bad sequels wallow in it. We'll see, but seriously... not sure how much it will actually build with those things being the setup.

yeah what. there was one creature, some webbing, and a bunch of slug things scattered around. there were "dark" versions of normal trees, but all the hunting had to happen on our side. what was it even like BEFORE el made a connection? what is its natural state?

I guess the g-men were trying to figure this out, but they don't know shit. it starts with a dude running from the creature, meaning it wasn't even understood enough for them to know the creature could come out. so we're not getting any answers there.

Who were the six people who went missing that what's his name mentions to winona ryder?

I like the series a lot but Eleven disappearing felt so pointless. There was no thematic or in universe reason for it to happen other than it's sad. The show wasn't so dark that it couldn't have a completely happy ending.

Nancy/Jonathan/Steve was handled well. Making Steve a complete asshole and coward so that the loser gets the girl would have been the easy way out.

Oh he bro I know you were stuck in another dimension but here's that mix tape I made that I was telling you about.

What else would he give him? What's an appropriate "Sorry you got stuck in a nightmare realm for a week" gift to you?

Also will knew something was chasing him and ran/hid whereas barb stood around like an idiot

I thought he was lying to her

This is the cold war Eraserhead and the Americans' obsession with Russia.
They wanted to use El and paranormal stuff to spy on and/or kill Russians.
They found the upside down by chance, and couldn't resist exploring it, luring the creature to a new prey and a new hunting ground.

I thought too El might be Hopper's daughter for a while, but last two episodes make it pretty clear she died of cancer, and there was nothing more to it, except giving Hopper extra motivation to save Joyce's kid.

>Eleven disappearing felt so pointless
They only did it to draw people in for season 2. Honestly feel like they could have just ended it though instead of going for another season. I can't imagine season 2 being good.

>Nancy/Jonathan/Steve was handled well
Glad Steve won though. Jonathan made out alright too. He isn't a handholdless virgin anymore.

How come the CIA didn't go after winona/cop after seeing all that shit?

>inb4 but they gave their word

because cop is actually CIA. he's the inside man

>eleven will never make you cum in your pants using her mind

Why would he feverishly look for microphones in his house, when he is alone and had no role to play to anyone if he was on their side?

he's method acting
JOYCE'S GONNA FREAK

it won't get a sequel because all the kids are going through puberty

>Hopper cuts open the fake Will
>It makes a squelching sound despite being plastic and stuffed

>Steve pushes his asshole friend back with the tips of his fingers
>makes a loud WHPSHH noise like he punched him

Man the sound was dodgy sometimes

Do we know why it didn't eat Barb or Will and instead used them for...eggsacks?

It wanted to impregnate Barb cause she's clearly high test as fuck and would give birth to strong and healthy slugs.

Anyone got a torrent of johnathon's prequal movie?

vimeo.com/122872950

maybe they just stopped caring and pretend they did it out of 80s nostalgia

>tfw literally only her mom and Nancy cared that she was missing

You can generate your own Stranger Things title, makeitstranger dot com.

Use responsibly.

It did eat Barb, it killed lots of other people too, notably scientists back at the Department of Energy.

It captures Will cuz he had spent time in the upside-down and was ready for breeding.

It made barb an eggsack like it almost did to Will.

Barb's body was still intact.

Because the doctor and the rest of the spooks were low level nobodies. Only upper management knew he was in deepcover. He destroyed the microphones so they wouldn't find out.

Agreed. A well made show that is lots of fun, but I don't quite understand all the hype. Maybe because it feels fresh, at least, more so then most of the other stuff on Netflix?

Its great fun if you enjoy it for what it is. The soundtrack, overall 80's feel, and watching it with my girlfriend makes me feel so comfy. People here will shit on it for not being "kino" or whatever but its a pretty good show imo.

for you

Oh totally, I had a blast watching it. Its been awhile since I have been intrigued by a tv show.

Because well-made shows both on story-level, entertainment-level and acting-level are not so common.
Also, the series 8 ep format prevented it from dragging too much. If Netflix had made them do a 12 ep format, it would have been full of flaws

Perhaps. It definitely has been a much needed breath of fresh air.

Barb, Will, two hunters, scientists

>G-lady sets up Chekov's Gun by talking to their teacher about AV club but holy shit, what? Never used.
The fuck are you talking about? The AV club thing was a ruse so she could find out who the kids were. Why would they bug the house of some teacher who had nothing to do with their missing girl?

Would you guys rather they continue the story or start with a completely new story?

So did the Monster abduct people into the Upside-Down or did its victims just fall into it at dimensional stress points?

>fags saying the show is shit are mentally challenged

what a surprise

you guys are overthinking the Hopper getting into the car thing.

It was probably just a rival agency cleaning up the mess and telling Hopper to keep shit quiet

I'm wondering if the upside down is all fucked up due to the slug things. I know they talk about it being a land of dark and decay but maybe it wasn't always like that.

Maybe something bad happened to mutate the environment (Some kind of lovecraftian monster or something?)

Maybe the monster is part of the life cycle and it reproduces through people ala aliens. They did fine that big ass egg, but I am unsure if the monster came from it?

Now that I think of it what was up with the egg?

Wondering if they made him part of the shadowy government thing? He ended up seeming alot more competent with getting things done than the other "heads".

Not to mention didn't they say the other side was toxic? Besides him the kid (maybe the mom) they are the only ones (The gov knows of) that went in and lived to told the tale.

>I know they talk about it being a land of dark and decay but maybe it wasn't always like that.
It was. The Upside Down isn't an independent dimension, it's a decaying reflection of ours. The Demogorgon has to hunt in our world because there isn't any other life there to eat besides slugs.

>Now that I think of it what was up with the egg?
It's the next Demogorgon. Presumably the Demogorgons are asexual, and you can see the main Demogorgon tending to the egg when Eleven first sees it in her mind (it looks like it's eating the egg but as it turns around the egg is still intact). By the time Hopper sees the egg it's already hatched, meaning another Demogorgon is already running around and probably looking for the bodies its parent collected for it to eat.

>Not to mention didn't they say the other side was toxic?
That's what Brenner believed but it didn't seem like it was because Hopper and Joyce were functioning normally a month later. The hazmat suits were probably more of a precautionary measure, just in case it really was toxic.

why did he delete this?

>a rival agency
To the government? No, it's the guys above Brenner who were helping him try to control the whole situation. Part of Hopper's deal was giving them Eleven's whereabouts, but they still didn't manage to catch her, and now he's probably pretending to help them find her until the investigation blows over and she can stop hiding.

Why do the tumblrites draw Barb as a hideous beast when she was such a QT?

>The fucking gate, how do they leave through the basement but show up in an empty field?

They're shown in front of the HNL building, presumably having walked up the stairs from the basement. Showing that would have been boring and pointless.

It's been a week or two, but I thought Barb had chunks of torso missing when El sees her body

I'd prefer a new story.
This show was a perfect anomaly. It can only go downhill from here.
Or maybe I'm just pessimistic.

What did he mean by this?

New story same setting.

H I G H

T
E
S
T

why didn't they kill the sheriff/wipe his memory after sneaking into the lab
did they think that would draw too much attention?
they didn't seem to mind killing a guy who just saw El for 12 seconds

>tfw she got raped to death by the Demogorgon

Lost her V card the same night Nancy did

This show had so many issues. I was so disappointed.

i need in the next season a sex rape scene of El and Papa, like a rape flashback or something

They didn't know where El was and didn't want the trail to go cold.
Also they figured they could discredit him as a crazy drug addict or something.
Also also they had to make the death of the guy at the diner look like a suicide; you can only plausibly set up so many of those in a small town. Remember Hop said there hadn't been a suicide in over twenty years.

really makes you think

i guess, but if they're relying on a small town sheriff to find their psychic super weapon, they're pretty fucking incompetent

I'm honestly not 100% convinced that the people he got in the car with are with the superweapon program.

this was the only thing I didnt like

They were some combination of hopelessly out of their depth and supremely arrogant.
They also could rely on all the crazy shit they were up to being so off the wall that people kept it to themselves. Until the very end, none of the characters had figured out more than a small part of what was going on, and the shadowy organization was only aware of Hop investigating. At that, he was doing so alone, and acting well outside his authority. They figured they could control him if he got out of hand and keep him bugged in case he found something they didn't.

The second time, Brenner presumably lets him go through the portal because it lets him keep his word while effectively disposing of the problem. Brenner clearly thinks of himself as a good guy, however much mental gymnastics he has to do, and at the same time no one who had gone through at that point had come back.

>tfw you know you'd know better in a wig and dress than her