Why are teams so fucking stupid against the Patriots?

Why are teams so fucking stupid against the Patriots?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MeNYQaS3rZI
youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s
youtube.com/watch?v=qDH87oNaq6A#t=4m35s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Belichick hacked into their play-calling system.

colts are just a dysfunctional organization who tanked for a good qb. they are always stupid

despite the memes this was really just an amazing play by malcolm butler. Team's throw from the 1 ALL THE FUCKING TIME in the nfl. let's not try and pretend it's unheard of.

it's unheard of when you have arguably the best running back of that season who literally just ran for 5 yards the play before. they would've had another chance had he not kept his momentum up lol

This actually would have been a good play if they threw the ball outside, like a screen pass.

The Patriots did not committ enough players towards the new offensive line, it was basically 2 or 3 blockers for every defender on that side.

>Marshawn Lynch
>first and goal
>didn't run the ball

kys

they weren't even lined up so it was an illegal formation

t. casuals who don't know that Marshawn had one of the worst goal-line conversion rates in the NFL

The Colts' OL was too far behind the ball and they got flagged for illegal formation.

Definitely not a good play.

>Seattle resident still in denial

Sad!

its a legal formation if the retards took a step forward and lined up

it looks like a variation of the swinging gate play which is proven to work

nigga what?

I'm a Chiefsfag, I'm just defending the playcall. Everyone expects you to run on first and goal from the 1. Calling a cheeky pass is a good way to fool your opponent. Butler just read it and made a great play.

youtube.com/watch?v=MeNYQaS3rZI

never forget

it's scripted you fucking idiot

It was second and goal and the clock was running.
Marshawn ran it on first and goal and gained 5 yards but stayed out of the end zone.
At that point Seattle was expecting Belicheck to call a time out to, presumably, give the Patriots time to go down the field and score.
But Belicheck DIDN'T call the time out. Seattle threw out a quick pass play, if they succeed they score, if not, the clock stops and they have two more downs to try and blast it in with Lynch (who had a terrible goal line conversion rate that season, as has already been mentioned).
HOWEVER, the Patriots knew Seattle loved this particular play at the goal line, partially because Belicheck has assistants watching other teams game film round the clock, and partially because New England had picked up former Seattle player Brandon Browner in the off season who also informed them that Seattle loved this play by the goal line.
They send Butler in, and you can see Browner run up to him and tell him which play is coming, how they are going to try and set a pick and to go hard at the ball.
Belicheck makes the right call and Butler executes flawlessly. It's an unproven rookie with a ton of heart versus a lazy and overconfident WR who thinks there's no way a team can prevent them from getting that one yard after the pick was set.
It's a beautiful defensive play.

They feel like they need to be sneaky and run trick plays, but that shit doesn't work against a belichick defense

oh my goodness

holy shit edelman is a beast

lmao at the guys just slapping at him

Greatest ally

Thread Theme!

youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

People never mention big Vince Wilfork seeing Sanchez coming and then using his 400lb bench press strength to shove #65 into the hole Sanchez is trying to hit ASS FIRST.

>It would have been good if it was different

lol

Does ESPN still do worst of the worst?

I remember that shit being the number 1 for like a year after it happened did they just have to retire it?

>actually would have been a good play
There is actually not a single universe where this is true.

not even a xeattlefag but he's right, lynch had converted one run on the goal line that season out of like 6. the coverage dictated a passing play (cover 0) and butler just made an amazing play.

nothing compares to 18 - 1 though

Thank you for this thread, I love you

And wow I had no idea about the Browner thing. I watch that play every now and then and can't not smile

Seahawks are 19-0, 70%, 200 yards at 3rd and 5th when leading by 1 at 4th quarter in the last minute, away, after byes, when the weather is good and Lynch has his skittles.

For real though, this is how ESPN operates. It's cancer

Going beyond shit like #-0 in one touchdown/run/goal/point games is just retarded

Brady looks like shit with a bald head.

that picture doesn't mean im wrong, it doesn't even counter my argument.

are you in love with me?

its a brain thing

>beli not calling time out
i like to believe this was bill playing chess of the highest detention

>every now and then
remember when >this literally happened
was a thread every single day?

The observer effect.

i was watching this the first time i took shrooms

i was so confused i legit had to call a friend that i knew was also watching to make sure it wasn't part of the trip

the play was supposed to trick the pats, one of the most disciplined teams in da lee, to jump offsides, if it doesn't work they'll just punt it.

the problem was the snapper for the trick play was injured so they put in Griff Whalen, who did not practice the play. Miscommunication and or panic sets in and much laughter ensued.

Pagano should have never called for the play with a key piece out with injury.

And even if the snapper did not fuck it up, the play would have still failed because of the illegal formation as previously mentioned in the thread.

in summation, Colts suck. Pagano is a second rate coach who can only beat cancer and the only reason he and that chucklefuck of a GM Grigson are still employed is because Jim Irsay is a drug addict.

their continued failure brings me much pleasure.

>no timeout

can you imagine carroll's thought process?

"ok first down they call a timeout... wait no shit get to the line do that play was always run then we'll have a chance to run it"

bill played the clock last owl so this time he said fuck it let them play

Easiest way to spot a casual is if they think throwing was a bad play here

but everyone and their mom, their cousin too could deduce that they were gonna try an inside pass there.

pretty much everyone followed the broncos lead with the rub routes. butler just made a really good play

God damn it the goofy way he runs in bottom left just fucking kills me

clearly pass interference, Butler's shoulder makes contact with the receiver before the ball arrives

Sanchez still pulls more pussy than everyone on Sup Forums combined

and more O-lineman ass too

That doesn't constitute pass interference when he's playing the ball. It wouldn't be offensive pass interference if the same thing happened the other way.

That's not how pass interference works.
The defender has just as much right to the ball as the receiver does.

isn't that irrelevant so close to the line of scrimmage?

within 5 yards, learn the rule

Right, and Butler made an incredible play on the ball. The Seahawks could still run up the middle if the play failed in any other way.

The timeout thing is amazing and goes to show how Belichick is a Jedi operating on a whole other level than his peers.
The whole world was freaking out, my home, the commentators, the other coaches, people on the sidelines, the people in the booth, all screaming "call the time out!"
Then you look at Bill with that one expression on his face, staring across the field at Pete Carroll like "All right fuck boy, beat us if you're so great".
Carroll spills his spaghetti when he realizes the clock is still running, throws a play out there with (he's thinking) low risk, but Beli, Browner and Butler know what's coming and make history.
Like pottery.

>not giving the ball to marshawn lynch

nope, still the DUMBEST play ever seen at a superbowl.

What the fuck was this play, can someone explain?

dude the coach couldn't even explain it

Colts tried to outmeme Belichick because their feelings were hurt in deflategate.

As much as I hate the patriots. Them beating the seashits made me so happy.

>DALLAS D

Go to bed Pete. The world will never NOT laugh at you.

This was before deflatenacht

>retard timmy

lol

also how fucking autistic was his haircut his last superbowl

Lack of intelligence easiest way to spot a Seahawk fan.

>team getting blown the fuck out
>garbage time
>Pats put in shitty backup QB
>get sack
>celebrate
>tear your ACL during, miss rest of season

this was the dumbest thing ever

>Pats on 1 yard line
>Seattle has nasty pass rush
>still possible to get safety

>still nig out and blow it all

dude brady was going to take the safety, and they were going to let the seahawks try to get a FG

Bennett fucked up so bad, all he had to do was literally not the one thing he did. but he's a nigger and he's jumped off early his entire career, of course he let it be the worst moment of his career as well. fucking nigger

Your reminder that beating the Patriots is considered a Super Bowl win for most teams.

This entire fucking post should be printed out and framed in everyone's home because of undeniable truth.

makes me kek every time

why is he even celebrating they are losing by 25 points

This is the Raven's stupidity because they allowed a trick play.

>give up running after the guy who just broke your momentum

I am so happy the ratty shitbirds didn't make the playoffs.

>You now remember this happened twice in the same season

this
it's why gronk gets so much opi
h gets pushed at the line and just runs while fighting them until he get's too far out and gets called

no

>pass rushing a knee
shwat?

Brady doesn't have the surest hands in the pocket, especially since they weren't deflating the ball at that point.

cut too much off bottom

Floyd is a keeper

Belichick probably liked that block more than his earlier TD

>Every NFL pass I've thrown has been a touchdown

O I am laffin

Plus, we get to make all those drunk driving jokes.

LINE UP

POWAH

BLOCK IT

TOUCHDOWN!

HE PROBABLY GOES IN BACKWAHDS.

they feel the need to be sneaky or tricky

when in reality you need to throw the ball deep to beat the patriots

youtube.com/watch?v=6i7VKQwDS2s
youtube.com/watch?v=qDH87oNaq6A#t=4m35s

it was 2015 regular season after patriots had won the SB

>tfw Harbaugh get so ASS REKT that he told the NFL about the deflated balls

he is a jedi

Jets fans would bitch at ESPN every time it was brought up so they retired it.
>inb4 replying to an old post
I know

Keeping with the thread theme, remember when the steelers left Gronk completely open in last year's season opener?

Gazelle lol

ahahahahahah

The only thing I never understand about teams that play the Patriots, is that somehow that 6'7" behemoth of a tight end somehow is constantly streaking down the middle of the field completely uncovered.

I never figure out how you "lose" Gronk is coverage.

>thinks carpe diem means sunny day