Better than the original

Better than the original.

I am happy other people think this too.

The Arnie film is so mediocore and bland compared to this one

Predator 2 > Predators > Predator

It's kino

Even Alan Silvestri's soundtrack is superior.

Everything in Predator 2 is far better than Predator 1

A surprising amount of people believe this. I agree though, it's much more interesting. The original only really sells due to the cult of Arnie and the meme 80s appeal.

I didn't know this film even existed until I saw it on a German satellite TV channel in a hotel a few years ago.

Why is it so obscure?

There was no likable or interesting characters in predator 2. Bill paxton doing hudson was shit and danny glover doing his lethal weapon role was shit too. So was the token tough mexican chick. it was all too obvious and the story and action was very average. It's a 6/10 v 8/10 for the original predator

No, Predator > Predator 2 >>>>>>> Predators

You've clearly put a lot of thought into this.

Pred is 8 and Pred2 is 7.
Preds is a 4.

I never knew Sup Forums would be contrarian towards the original fucking Predator.

Yep, this is about it. Busey was doing his LW shtick as well. Its an enjoyable enough film and some of the stuff it adds to the predator was nice, but it really is a collection of typecasts and cliches with an alien thrown in.

>contrarian
Truly the ultimate argument. You are right, anons can never recover from this.

>it really is a collection of typecasts and cliches with an alien thrown in
That's exactly what the first Predator movie is.

Its just a dumb, by the numbers 90s action movie. The original is far more interesting since it offers the subversion of macho 80s action schlock. Has a better cast, cooler setting.

Better in every way

But then this is a contrarion troll thread.

It's not an argument user. Sup Forums is contrarian personified simply because art is subjective. If it were ever able to be objective then you'd have a point.
Still that user is an idiot

Is this a fucking meme? I've never been so furious in my life.

This user is an idiot too.
Don't want to share your opinion? Don't post in the thread.
Go to reddit if you need a hugbox and your opinion "validated".

>Its just a dumb, by the numbers 90s action movie. The original is far more interesting since it offers the subversion of macho 80s action schlock
>subversion of macho 80s action schlock
This is 'evangelion is deconstruction' tier praise.

>Sup Forums is contrarian
>art is subjective
wew

I bet you think that Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie too you memed nerd.

>implying art isn't subjective

Kek.

You don't even believe that OP.

I think a new hope is. What now.

>I bet you think that Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars movie too you memed nerd.
>I think a new hope is. What now.

Neither of those are Return of the Jedi

>implying it is
Spooked beyond belief. Technical quality is undeniable objective at least to a large degree, subtext is either there or it isn't. Your enjoyment is subjective, but the quality isn't.

You're less spooked than I thought but still probably a dweeb for liking the first Predator most.

>Return of the Jedi
Absolutely based.

>there are people who unironically believe that pred 2 isn't the worst of the three pred movies

PRED IN DA HOOD a shit.

im sure this is bait but i agree that its a really underrated movie.

I disagree. Quality is also subjective.

Those are the people that think Predators was good.

>quality is also subjective
Would you say that it can't be proven that The Deer Hunter is a better movie than The Room then? I'm not asking what you think, I'm saying is neither objectively better than the other.

If you think I'm misrepresenting your reasoning please explain how.

and whats wrong with predators besides topher grace?

Nothing, casting Wladislaw Szpielmann as an action hero was an inspired choice that worked perfectly.

Everything except the entire fishbourne arc.

The characters are more important. You get that the 4 cops are close.
The large cast of 1 were fodder for the predator. They were all memorable though. I can name them all still.
I liked the jungle setting though.

It was a great fun movie but people spazz out because it had meme actors. Beats the shit out of predator 2 and its nonsensical meme actor cast.

The fact there are varying degrees of quality proves it's subjective.

The best quality is perfection which is impossible to achieve.
All we can do is gauge how close to perfection the art we view comes to, which again is subjective.

As to your question, I'm somewhat stumped.
On the one hand yes one is better than the other, but as a whole, they're the exact same thing.
It's only when we take them apart can we see that certain elements are superior to the same elements in the other.

I agree with that.

Funny as almost the entire cast of Predators are meme actors compared to the 4 in Predator2.

the CGI 'dogs' are my only complaint

I did share my opinion. My opinion is you form your thoughts based on how many outraged replies you get.

>The fact there are varying degrees of quality proves it's subjective
Explain the reasoning that led you here.

>The best quality is perfection which is impossible to achieve
Prove it

>All we can do is gauge how close to perfection the art we view comes to, which again is subjective.
>Which again, is subjective
You've written three lines here but the entire thing hinges on the first, so again to make it clear I'll ask, HOW DOES 'the fact there are varying degrees of quality proves it's subjective' MAKE SENSE TO YOU? IF ANYTHING IT'S PROOF THAT IT'S OBJECTIVE.

HOW DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE DEGREES BUT STILL CALL IT SUBJECTIVE? AND DEGREES OF WHAT? I CAN'T EVEN TELL WHAT THAT SENTENCE IS A RESPONSE TO. LEARN TO USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND CONVEY YOUR THOUGHTS TO OTHER PEOPLE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY.

You're forgiven. Now post an umaru image and be quiet.

DIE YOU SPACE FAGGOT

>Prove it
I can't because I'm not perfect.

>Explain the reasoning that led you here.
I can't do any better than what I've tried to convey. Sorry.

>I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY.
I'm in the same boat honestly. Rereading what I wrote has confused me, and trying to make sense of it in response to what you wrote has only made it worse.

Let's just agree that I'm out of my depth in this pseudo-philosophic discussion.

>psuedo-philosophic discussion
For you maybe, I actually learn myself some subject matter before claiming to know more than other people. Go read the Norton Anthology on Criticism before posting on Sup Forums again.

Okay :)

FUCKING READ IT. OR AT LEAST FAILING THAT DEVOTE 5 MINUTES A WEAK TO READING ARMOND WHITE. IT'S NOT HARD.

Why are you so angry?
Have I meme'd you? No.
Have I done or said anything antagonistic? Not that I recall.
All I was doing is having a fun discussion with you and you're getting overly weird about it.
Relax please, it's not good for your health. Believe me i'd know

Was it fun? Yes. But it did to Predator what Aliens did to Alien.

It tried to do that but it failed

I AM ANGRY. ANGRY AT Sup Forums. ANGRY AT HUMANITY. ANGRY AT THE LEAGUE OF MORONS WHO DISAGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WORD I SAY ON EVERYTHING EVEN THOUGH I SEEM TO BE ONE OF THE ONLY PEOPLE LEFT IN THE FUCKING WORLD, LET ALONE THIS SITE, WHO ACTUALLY RESEARCHES A SUBJECT BEFORE I TALK SHIT ABOUT IT. OH NO, BUT EVERYONE'S ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION AREN'T THEY? AND WHO SAYS THAT THEIR OPINIONS AREN'T JUST AS VALID AS MINE?

THEY AREN'T, THEY AREN'T, THEY AREN'T, THEY AREN'T, THEY FUCKING AREN'T!

>All I was doing is having a fun discussion with you and you're getting overly weird about it.
I AM NOT HAVING FUN. I HAVEN'T HAD FUN ON Sup Forums IN SO LONG I'M STARTING TO WONDER IF I EVER HAVE.

Sorry man. Believe it or not I know your pain and it will get better one way or another.

Fucking VOOOODOOOOO MAGIC MON

You missed the entire point, predators is a fun action film with a cast of meme actors, pred 2 is PRED IN DA HOOD with some meme actors thrown in. Somehow people will decide predators is worse purely because its cast is made up of so many meme actors, regardless of quality.

Predators is the Tropic Thunder to Predator 2's generic Wayans brothers movie.

alien vs predator is better
much more action!

I found Pred 2 fun in the typical 80s B-grade action way which is charming in itself.

Predators tried too hard to be campy and fell short. If you found it enjoyable then more power to you, but if you found it more enjoyable than Pred 2 there's something wrong.

Taking elements from the comics doesn't add legitimacy to the movie either. It comes across as shallow pandering from Rodriguez and the scenes it mimics from Predator were done poorly. If I wanted to watch Predator i'd watch it, not some asinine attempt to "channel" the camp glory of the 80's.

They're both mediocre at best, so that doesn't mean much.

>youtube.com/watch?v=sLkyg_j3BXM

How did (((they))) get away with this

That's because it wasn't an Arnold vehicle.

close but it's actually

Predators>Predator>Predator 2