Weakfag here. how to get ripped?

weakfag here. how to get ripped?
pic related but not oc

start by eating food

then start lifting weights

then get massive Gets on Sup Forums

Muscle building is a controversial topic at best and a confusing one to most. With so many different companies claiming their supplements or specific style of workout builds the most muscle, it's easy to become confused among it all. So I'll attempt to explain how to train optimally and eat right to set you on your way to that beach body you've always dreamed of. First though, some sciencey stuff.

Muscle hypertrophy (growth) is split into two main types. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy which means growth by increased glycogen storage within cells (actual muscle size) and Myofibril hypertrophy which means increased number of proteins (actin & myosin) within the muscle fibers (strength of the muscles). These two types of growth never occur by themselves, but a majority can be stimulated by certain training rep ranges. It is generally agreed among scientists and bodybuilding gurus that the rep range of 1-6 induces myofibril hypertrophy with a reduced amount of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and the rep range of 8-12 induces sarcoplasmic hypertrophy with a reduced amount of myofibril hypertrophy. It is important to note though, neither types occur independent of the other so the myth that bodybuilders aren't strong is just that, a myth. Arnold Schwarzenegger, perhaps the most famous bodybuilder of all time, is noted to have deadlifted over 700 lbs. And its easy to see that powerlifters and strongmen also carry a fair bit of muscle mass.

So how about implementing this protocol? Well if you've asked any gym bro how they work out they'll often tell you that they have a day for arms, chest, shoulders, back etc but In fact this is a very inefficient way to train for most people. To progress as efficiently as possible a workout split such as lower body, upper body then an off day and repeat is much better as this can in turn increase total training volume with increased time of protein synthesis. This can be confusing which is why personal trainers or coaches like myself are your best bet for planning out your workouts unless you feel confident in your own ability to organize a schedule.

So we know how to train but how do we eat? To build muscle the most efficient way we need to eat in a surplus of calories (more than we need) and to have a sufficient intake of proteins (amino acids). It is commonly accepted that 1.5-2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight is a good range for optimal protein synthesis to be induced within muscle. Fats are important in order to regulate cholesterol and hormone production with carbs being the preferred energy source for workouts. In order to calculate these targets we can use the calculators in my two previous posts (links at bottom) and apply a 10-20% increase of calories per day. This will allow our bodies to use the extra energy to start increased protein synthesis within our muscles to repair and grow. It is also important to get adequate sleep if your goal is to build muscle, during sleep our bodies recover and build new tissue as well as release many hormones affecting growth, so on average 7 or more hours is ideal.

I agree with this, but food with actual nutritional value. Lifting and then eating three bags of cheetos won't get you anywhere

Now to the penultimate factor that will decide how much muscle you can build and how fast you can build it. Hormones. Testosterone, insulin and growth hormone are the main hormones responsible for deciding how easily you build muscle and these hormones dictate everything in terms of growth. Each individual has differing amounts of each which causes different rates of growth between people, males peak in these hormones levels between ages 18 and 30 but every year after 30 there is usually a 1% decrease in circulating levels. Males have an advantage when is comes to muscle growth as they have significantly more testosterone than females, which explains why it is generally a slower process for woman to build muscle than men, but not impossible.

A final word of advice, gaining strength and building muscle is a very very slow process. Starting from a baseline it could take 5-10 years of consistent training week in week out to reach a cover model standard. But for many of you who just want a lean physique with noticeable muscle mass this can be achieved in 1-2 years if you're willing to put in the work. For men, given proper training and nutrition you could add 1-2 pounds of muscle per month (20-25 pounds per year) and then gradually less and less after that as you begin to reach your genetic limit. For women: around half that. So as you can see this is very achievable, the only thing left to do is get in the gym and start moving some iron!

Steroids, trust me.

40 push ups, 40 sit ups with out your knees raised, 40 squats,

You were born weakfag and you will always be

Last march I was 155. Now I'm 175 - mostly from muscle gain. Here's my input. First, 70% diet, 30% working out. Eating is hard. Anyway, you need to consume approx. 3,500 calories a day, and work out 4 times a week. Start with general work outs, and then particulars (chest day, arm day, back day, leg day). Do this for a year. You'll gain fat. Then you can cut. It's hard work and requires consistency.

Not OP but in a similar spot. If I eat more I ony get fat, my belly grows but my arms are still weak as fuck.

The curse of being skinny fat.

finally a truther!

Fatfag here
How 2 lose weight quick?

skinny fat op here. for me, it's my thighs that become rosie odonnel. rip us skinny fatties :'(

I eat good, but low calories. Usually nice portions of chicken, veggies, and rice a couple times a day, but not 3.5k Cals worth. i'm op and also ~155lb. thanks for tips, user.

60 minuets of cardio a day, next to zero sugar/carbs, try to make what ever you snack on unprocessed and for the love of God make sure to have proper portions and it has flavour

aren't they bad for the heart?
schwarzenegger has some heart issues from them iirc

I fucking hate being a skinny fat, I look like Patrick fucking Star

it's better to be skinny fat than to be fat fat.
except your arms look like noodles -- just wear long sleeves every day!

I used to eat a decently sized breakfast (eggs and maybe some potatoes) minimal lunch and no dinner while drinking nothing but black coffee and green tea. Is this a good practice? Im not obese or anything but I just want to be confident with my image

Well, actually my arms arent noodle-like, both my arms and legs are really slim, but I have some muscle on it. Its like I am a slim version of Wario

>take heavy thing
>lift it
>repeat until you think you cant go anymore
>keep repeating until you literally physically cannot lift it another time
>take a break
>lift it a few more times until you cannot anymore
>take a break
>lift a few more times until you cannot anymore
>eat some protein
>enjoy the DOMS
>repeat a few days later when limbs no longer ache

drink brewskies? CUT THEM OUT
get sun
fish oil vitamin D
buy fish ( 2 x week),cook fresh,
lean hamburger
no chips donuts,candy bars
no dope
drugs
no pills
buy mineral water for drinkydrinky
clean house with borax,murphy's oil soap.
you might be a malabsorber of protein,omitting,or fasting on each type you eat noting effects,doing nothing as far as exercise for a few weeks,may make it easier to see if malabsorbing is the problem,
if/when you note more muscle,increase workouts,,
exposure to fungi yeasts molds are contributory to both fatsos & skinnyohs,or anorexic teenies,adults too.
add some niacin to the diet,either vit b 3,( white tab,50 mg each,half a tab with a qt of water,
or niacinimide,it does not cause the skin to flush)

Replace eggs and potatoes for porridge/corn flakes some sort of cereal not full of sugar try to eat 3 meals a day if you don't eat any thing for a while your body holds onto it for Dear life

Try intermittent fasting.

Why fish? is chicken ok with added fish oil?

BJJ 3 times a week and increased calories.

Lift weights you absolute autist

DO NOT BULK. Do metabolic conditioning and strengthen your muscles. You will feel light as a feather after a few months and you will be STRONG, not just BIG. Don't fall for the meathead meme. Girls unanimously say that it's gross. They prefer a guy that is strong and fit to a guy that's bulky and fluffy.

Get a personal trainer to help you through it because it's rough. Well worth it, however. You will move in ways you never knew you could.

1. Do the Insanity program
2. Buy a notebook for logging purposes
3. Sign up for a membership at a gym
4. Subscribe to Men's Health for workouts to incorporate in your routine
5. Eat protein and limit consumption of sugary foods and beverages

That's what I've been doing for lean muscle building. I've even started riding a bike. It'll keep your endurance up, while building up a detailed figure.

I just do a lot of manual labor. Get paid and get swole.

1. gym
2. 50/50 protein/carb powder
3. athlean x on youtube
4.???
5. profit

Large forearms and calves are genetic not something you can "grow"

IF FISH is something you ordinarily
don;t eat,try it
lean small fishies,mex brand la preferida is good,dont bother with king oscar,other biddy can brands.
fish is protein and fat rich,eskimos and other northern white races have eaten it ,and thrived in cold ass long winter climates for thousands of years
fish has complex oils vs processed oils for cooking in the west,get it? if fish does not help ( dont forget sunlight,30-40 minutes a day,3/4 bod exposure,or beach swimming or find a fresh water swimmin hole with some chicky,of that;s your bent.

Most fish don't have tons fat.. Eskimos ate seals for fat... Now. Cod is pretty cheap. If you live around a publix they often have cod meals for like 4 dollars. And its all super healthy. Its at the deli.

Skinnyfat here
I look great everywhere, like 10-15%bf on arms and legs but my belly is that of a chubby man
what do

Are you fucking retarded? You can physically make those bigger.

>Change your eating habits
>Go to the gym and start small
>Eat lots of protein with a mix of quality carbs (see: wholegrain rice/pastas)
>Make a genuine effort to improve the amount you lift every session, this is key for a lot of people because they don't push themselves
There are no shortcuts, there are no quick fixes, you need to spend time and effort improving yourself and changing your habits. If you struggle with appetite like I did try something like GOMAD and/or smoke weed.

I used to be 62kg(135lbs) at 187cm(6'2") so AMA I guess.

Well, how big are you now and did your muscles fill in your proportions?

as in did you stop being a lanklet and how long did it take you?

How old were you when you decided to make a change?

Eat heavy Lift Heavy

>Well, how big are you now and did your muscles fill in your proportions?
I'm 76kg now (~170lbs) but I've been over 80kg at points. Yes muscle fills out proportionately why would it not?

>as in did you stop being a lanklet and how long did it take you?
It took me about 2 years to reach an aesthetic that I was comfortable with.

>How old were you when you decided to make a change?
Early 20s. All my life I was very thin.

eat less calories than you need per day. (my father got an app which calculated how much calories he needed per day, and he lost like 3 kg in like 2 month). Eat healthy also.

op here. Planning to eat more and take niacin and vit d. Will try to eat fish whenever possible.
thanks for all your help!

Np, get ready for the race war 2020

>mfw entire thread neglects cardio

He wants to gain weight faggot not lose it