Who else in here was raised by his grandparents ? Why ?

Who else in here was raised by his grandparents ? Why ?

Would you prefer them or have been raised for your real parents ? And why ?

OP here

I was raised by my grandparents but i wish i was raised by my real parents

My grandparents were top damn helicopter parents and their mentallity never fit with mine

can't speak for myself but my dad and his brothers were all raised by their grandparents. his mom (my grandma) abandoned them to seek stardom as an actress in California, and their dad died in combat. My dad and his brothers clearly loved their grandparents more, and still sort of resent their mom to this day.

Wow that must been tough

Did they met their real mother back ?

Can't help but feel sorry for people being raised by their grandparents. Times change, and I know for a fact I would have hated being raised by mine, as they are way too old fashioned. I remember a dude that had a really old dad, and his mom was old fashioned. He wasn't allowed to play computer games, they only had one tv in the house, and he rarely got permission to watch anything. These things, among others, made him different from us other kids

Yeah things didn't work out in Cali for her so she moved back to maryland (where they're all from) and attempted to reconcile but by that time my dad was a young adult so he said fuck that and moved down here (north carolina) to start a new family. my mom's really the only reason he still calls her on her birthday/mother's day because she begs him to do so. I've only met her 2 or 3 times because of this also. she's in her late eighties now I think.

Yes that was somewhat i was raised like

It sucks because it prevents you from parting, making out with girls and all stuff

Ohh

Did his mom marry again and had more kids ?

Thats kinda sad user

I Was adopt as a baby, my folks where in there 40 - 50 , when i was there, because of them, i know about WW2, learn rock and roll, disco music, there where not old - fashioned or close minded. I still miss them.

It sounds like they were nice parents user

No, but my dad's brothers still live in maryland and help take care of her from time to time. my dad also had a younger sister he was close to that was murdered while his mom was in California so I think that also plays into his anger/distance towards her. It's pretty sad but that's how some families are I guess

Damn, murderer ? By whom ?

Yea its kinda sad

Anyways i would forgive my mom if she did that, unless she married other man and had more kids, in that case i would say fuck you

But i know how your dad must have felt being abandoned by whom must love you

Indeed i miss them every day, The hard part is that when you parents are 'old' the chance is more that they will pass away , my dad died when is was 16/17 he was from Greek origin and met my mom in Belgian Congo.

His sister was stabbed to death by her boyfriend at the time
I hope he'll let go of the grudge before she dies because she's getting pretty old

Thats nasty

Yes man, his mom probably wanted a better future for them, since his husband died in combat, cant tell really

If she really abandoned them would have married other man

My parents were just graduating HS when they had me, so my grandparents and two aunts did a lot of raising. Probably why I acted like a faggot for so long as a kid. Also there weren't any other kids around but this one white trash bitch whose dog got worms. Probably why I'm an introvert and was socially awkward until high school.

I definitely could've used a real man to teach me things. Too bad my old man is a piece of shit who moved away to set up additional franchises with wives 2, 3, and 4.

Damn bro

Find your old man and beat him up

Oh he's available, he's just an asshole and I don't talk to him. Untrustworthy guy, the type of family member who would be a liability if you let them in.

More reason to beat the shit out of him

People like these deserve to get hit once in a lifetime

Single parent here (mostly). Bio mom has my 2yo son maybe once a week now after she bailed for 1/2 a yr+. My kiddo calls my mom "mom" bc shes my daircare and done much more than bio mom. Its a bit odd but thats just how it played out.

Didn't reply to

juvenile probation fag here, some of the worst kids i and my coworkers have are kids raised by grandparents, boys raised by mothers only and runway girls.