YOU WANTED THE BEST YOU GOT THE BEST

what KISS songs or albums are your favorite?
70s glam/80s cheese/90s reunion?
Paul/Gene/Ace/Peter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i85Ojl3Mq2o
youtube.com/watch?v=LeUosbClag8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tommy Thayer
delete this immediately

She, Black Diamond, Baby Driver
70s
Ace wrote better songs

Kiss were never good but their 70s glam stuff isn't bad. Their 80s cheese is unlistenable and their 90s reunion stuff is a hollow imitation of their 70s glam stuff.

Strutter has the best riff and pop hook I've heard

The KISS reunion actually was pretty fucking bad from a musical standpoint. All the nostalgia and magic of seeing the original four guys on stage again obscured the terrible quality of the shows from the reunion tour. Ace and Peter were done, man. They didn't even play on Psycho Circus outside their own songs.

Agreed on all counts. But I think Shock Me is the best Ace song and possibly their best song period.

This is underrated desu. I don't like basically any of their post-Frehley stuff, but this is good. Awesome chorus

youtube.com/watch?v=i85Ojl3Mq2o

Kiss' music sucks...always did. If they were not "outrageous" they would have never been known.

She, Parasite, and C'Mon and Love Me are also classics. They did gradually get slicker and more stadium rock from Destroyer onward.

>glam rock

*blocks your path*

Wait a second, didn't Cobain try to cover up the fact that the first concert he ever went to was a Van Halen show?

>Nirvana

Blegh

>fag rock
>"""""best"""""

Edgy music for middle schooler in the seventies. Play with your pet rock and Bicentennial quarters as you listen. It got to the point where you could be beaten up for being a fan. They were a major factor in the death of glam rock.

youtube.com/watch?v=LeUosbClag8

Cobain was an Aerosmith fan, I imagine he had at least some appreciation for Kiss.
Especially considering that Buzz Osbourne fucking worshipped Kiss and Cobain always desperately wanted Osbourne's approval.

My uncle thought KISS were a joke back when he was in high school. One time he said he was in a record store and this 10 year old-ish kid comes in and starts looking at a KISS album, and he says "Nah, you don't want that. Here, take this instead." He handed the kid an Alice Cooper album and he happily went and bought it.

That was apparently the AC album with the women's panties included in the record sleeve. I bet that kid's mom appreciated that.

>Play with your pet rock and Bicentennial quarters as you listen
And your Pong machine?

Yet there's still tons of middle aged trailer park bums who think they were the best band ever, up there with the Beatles.

Yeah and then Motley Crue were just the 80s version. Play with your Commodore 64 and He-Man action figures as you had Theater of Pain in the cassette deck.

If you've ever been to a KISS concert, holy God you've never seen so much white trash in your life.