Why still so underrated? it's probably the best album 2010'

why still so underrated? it's probably the best album 2010'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jkxB15nXRvM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the amount of people saying this is underrated have made it overrated
nice going
also do you really want this to pick up in popularity and get shitposted into the ground? yeah that's what I though

It's good

yes lmao. i wanna see that higher than kayne in kendrick in 2010' chart at rym. It's my the biggest dream.

what is the red thing supposed to be?

too bad it fucking sucks and this will never happen faggot

dunno, some simple stick figure

why? because he isn't black??

this is the best folk album since ITAOTS. I was really suprised that such miracle like this album is realeased nowadays.

Are you the person that's made a thread about this album like twice a day every day I've been on Sup Forums since it came out? You need to calm down. It's good but not nearly that good.

It's good

If that's your biggest dream then you must have a very sad life.

Just listened to Beggar... damn :((((((

no, because you're black.
Go away noggo.

It's not even as good as his last album which wasn't even that good, I don't get the hype.

that's not me but it's nice to know that more ppl like this shit

>>the amount of people saying this is underrated have made it overrated

that's literally not even possible you fucking retard

anyways it's album of the decade for me

It's kinda true

yeah it's kinda true that it's album of the decade

:)

kek no it's not. I refuse to believe you think that. It's not even the best album of the year, and the year's not even half over!

what's your aoty

I'm not the only one who thinks it

also this

Idk, I don't even have one, I just know there's better albums from this year. And no I'm not going to bother listing them.

It sounds like you haven't listened to anything from this year if you won't even name one

Lol okay buddy whatever you say. If anyone here hasn't listened to much this year it's you, considering that's the best you've heard so far.

>And no I'm not going to bother listing them.

then your opinion has no value here, fuck off

I haven't listened to this album but A for effort.
It's just fishy that you can't be arsed to even name one album

Then why are you here?
Okay, KWIATY, async, Loss, Cruel Optimism, Cherry Sakura, New Age Sewage, 22.02.85, D.E.G. are all better.

>since ITAOTS

Joanna Newsom desu

also agreed Peasant is amazing, best thing this guy has released so far

I'm observing the circle jerk this album's accumulated because I'm a fan of The Magic Bridge.
Hey Cruel Optimism is great, good pick. That was pretty painless eh?

What is so good about it? Open question for anyone who shares your opinion

alright I'll give you async, that's a good one

but not as good as Peasant

the guitar bouts mostly i think, always sounds like he's about to lose it and rupture but he always comes back together, i like his voice etc., sort of an unhinged vs reserved dynamic feel thing, i don't know theory
liked the general sound on nothing important more but that album dragged a little and this one doesn't really

if you don't get it then I'm not sure if I can help you

this music, the things this guy has in his brain which are showcased on this album expand universes and the best things regarded as "avant-folk" should be exactly that - just pure unadulterated speaking-your-mind-directly-through-music kind of thing, it's extremely idiosyncratic first of all, his music has always been, but what truly gets me about this album is the sheer grasp of this unconventionality - he's not merely a talented outsider, he's a talented outsider who gets the hang of his genius though the medium letting out all those crazy ideas swirling in his head

it's true unbounded musical experience, alternate universe bob dylan where normies get what music is for basically

it's very likely not going to be my aoty, already isn't, nevertheless it's one of the greatest examples of just how rich in ideas humanity can be of this year and it's certainly much more worthy of praise than the next generic bullshit fantano considers slapping a positive rating on

I really really like this album. Definitely my AOTY so far.

what's so good about it? I'm liking it but not AOTY tier.

Jeez, if you're that crazy about it I'm curious about what IS your AOTY so far.

It's a little weird but it's poppier and more song-based and listenable than his last album.

nevermind, it's lit

it's the most non-generic album i've ever heard

It evokes early John Frusciante pretty heavily

Friendly reminder I was the first person on the board to post about this album, I made a thread calling it AOTY after Ogre came out, a month before the release of the album.
Also friendly reminder that the title track of Nothing Important is better than anything on Peasant and his discography from The Magic Bridge on is essential listening

I generally like being put in awe by things that you can do with music either by me questioning its existence or getting some emotional response in a great intensity which leads to that most music that I enjoy the most is either doing something creatively original or just nails down some existing aesthetic that I enjoy to the near limits no matter if the album can be viewed as generic besides that

it's like on one hand there's Death Grips with their shitty nu metal revival or Kendrick - I don't think he's bad but there's nothing that he's been doing for a while now that hasn't been done much better ages ago and the way he does it in comparison is just... so boring an unexciting that praising him in any way is mostly just silly, it does nothing for me and will do nothing for any person that knows their hip hop pretty much - it's for example Young Thug (absolutely on another plane of reality and best in the game atm) and even partially someone like Danny Brown who make the genre fresh and exciting all over again

and I don't have clear aoty for 2017 yet but that's because there's just so much absolutely great music released each year that gets under everyone's radar including this year and it's certainly not some shit like Fleet Foxes or Lorde lol

who cares

youtube.com/watch?v=jkxB15nXRvM

I do
I don't like people liking him, I've known him for years and saw him live and he's my special boy! No one else should be able to listen to him

Feel free to name some proper good under-the-radar records from this year, I'm interested if not slightly sceptical

i like this album. it's top 1 in this year but rather not the best in decade

have this piece of derangement, lad

>that album cover
>that font
No thanks

nice criterion of rating

>being this much of a pleb

Ogre, Soldier, Weaver and Masseuse are amazing tracks. Beggar is the best folk track since 90'. Rest are just better than average.
Solid album 10/10.

By the way, why hasn't fantano rated it yet? is he dumb?

fantano isn't a music reviewer, he's a meme

i don't listen to him desu

but he sometimes make good music more popular. I think that Richard deserves much money from that LP

He's kind of right, at least about the font. I don't trust anything with that font because 99% of the time it's black metal or some shit.

>black metal or some shit
but a lot of black metal is great you fucking pleb, are you a mastodon fan or something?

i'm impressed with these lyrics

When the sun is climbing
We'll find the harrow smothered in slime
When the sun is climbing
We'll put it in the dog's noses

I thought this was just meh. 6/10. Richard Dawsons voice is shit, the music isn't anything amazing. This is just the folk version of Brockhamptons-Saturation. Two very overrated albums by people wanting there to be a masterpiece AOTY because 2017 isn't great so far.

You're probably right to some extent

It's been a bad year for you plebs I see.

I liked it more than you but yeah.
2017 might be the first bad year in music that ends with a 7

every year people who don't actually listen to music say the same shit

Starting New Age Sewage now and I seriously doubt this is gonna be better although quite a case of apples and oranges.

dat get and holy shit is that vaporwave black metal? It's like that time they tried to fuse rap with metal and created Limp Bizkit to appeal to as much kids as possible. I don't feel this is any better.

I'm tempted to give New Age Sewage a 1/5. Is there any reason I shouldn't?

Anyone else hear how much more John Dowland he became on this one?

I've listened to many albums this year from lesser to more popular and it truly hasn't been a great year. Only two albums I've heard I would put above an 8 on a scale of all music.

how many albums?

I'm guessing around 100 now.

which albums?

Big Thief-Capacity and Jlin-Black Origami