Thesis: Calvin Harris is great party music. The guy really knows how to write a tune. Catchy hooks, great production

Thesis: Calvin Harris is great party music. The guy really knows how to write a tune. Catchy hooks, great production.

I'm right aren't I?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24
youtube.com/watch?v=ebXbLfLACGM
youtube.com/watch?v=fWdO7iKvvd4
youtube.com/watch?v=dGghkjpNCQ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he used to make good party/dance music. Now he sucks dick and all of his songs are the same shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24

Really nothing I couldn't do

I can agree to that.
Blame is probably my favorite.

It's easy, upbeat music for when you want to get in a good mood.

WHEN I MET YOU IN THE SUMMER

>making 10 consecutive hits is easy

The first album is great but it's almost electropop rather than dance music. Then obviously he went into making great club bangers, like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ebXbLfLACGM

But also the samples from his new album sound good too. Very different style though, which I guess makes sense because you can't just keep doing the same stuff over and over. Sounds like 70s/80s funk this stuff, like Stevie Wonder sort of stuff. Which I guess is in vogue at the moment. Mixed with modern R'n'B I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWdO7iKvvd4

Then why aren't you doing it? Haha faggot

we /taytay/ here

Yeah that's a good song. I should get that album to be honest. I have the first three and I listen to them a fair bit.

This is a Calvin Harris thread, not a Taylor Swift thread.

Making something that is musically equal or way better is indeed easy

music for chad and stacey

Because I'm concentrating on other things right now you massive failure

not when you're you. But when you're a full-time, industry musician with access to any software/hardware you could possibly want on the other hand...

his first album was patrician pop. his body went right, his music went oh so terribly wrong

>But when you're a full-time, industry musician with access to any software/hardware you could possibly want on the other hand...

Hardware/software doesnt make a single bit of difference. Songs like Calvins are stuff you can create with FL studio, sylenth1, a shure sm7b and a room with some pillows and a improvised mic screen.

That wouldnt cost much more than 500 - 700 dollars.

Actually having the talent to create hit after hit after hit is a whole different ball game.

you mean "I can make music so convoluted and directionless without any basic understanding of composition or music theory and post it on soundcloud/bandcamp and nobody listens to it, but I lie to myself and tell myself it's too patrician or misunderstood due to the zeitgeist of todays pop and hip hop."

Nobody listens to them because their music isnt actually any good, and they keep telling themself that they have to much pride to create simple minded decent music instead of aknowledging the fact that they actually cant.

Dude found a formula and has ridden that to great fame and success. Can't blame him. Personally, I could listen to ten Calvin Harris tracks in a row and not be able to distinguish one from the other. But I'm not really the target audience. His stuff clearly does something right since he's been popular for like 10 years now.

So why aren't you doing it?

>he doesn't aspire to be chad
What's wrong with you? Do you have a testosterone deficiency or something?

>he claims he can do exactly what a superstar music producer is doing
>then he calls ME a failure when i call him out and ask him to prove this wild allegation
You literally can't make this up

He started out using an Amiga 8-bit computer in his bedroom and random bits of equipment he bought while working as a shelf-stacker. That's the set up he used for the entire of the first album (after he had been noticed on MySpace). So my point is, "access to any software/hardware" is NOT what got him into the game.

So if you think you can do what he does, then why aren't you doing it right now?

>you mean "I can make music so convoluted and directionless without any basic understanding of composition or music theory and post it on soundcloud/bandcamp and nobody listens to it, but I lie to myself and tell myself it's too patrician or misunderstood due to the zeitgeist of todays pop and hip hop."

Nobody listens to them because their music isnt actually any good, and they keep telling themself that they have to much pride to create simple minded decent music instead of aknowledging the fact that they actually cant.

I never would say something gay like this, but I can assure you that I'm more talented that some calvin harris or some other overpromoted faggot. You basically don't know who you're talking to.
I don't know, maybe if I wouldn't be constantly distracted I'd manage to put out something really listenable and that is made with a concept. It's really not my fault that I'm not a millionaire now. Anyway, I don't take this shit that serious, you know, I bet some calvin faglord is sweating his shrunk brain off while composing those "hits" while I just jam on a 32-key-midi and program some drums over it and having listening materials for the next months without even considering listening to some other so called music. I maybe can't really master tracks, but I can put out shit that really can please one's ear or at least mine. I don't really care for this faggot ass bullshit called music industry, just drop me in a studio and give me money lol
Can a calvin harris compose 1/32 note strokes? Can he play them? haha he can, with the help of an arpeggiator

lol wasted time on a Sup Forums post again I'm so fucking bored I just hope my girl is back soon

Because I don't have any money, any gear and composed my last tracks on my girlfriends laptop, that's why I'm not doing it right now
I only have got talent, that's all

I like his new funk stuff

When are you going to start bragging about having 30 confirmed kills or something?

Perhaps you were the first guy I was responding to in that post, but like I said to the last guy I was responding to in that post:

>[Calvin] started out using an Amiga 8-bit computer in his bedroom and random bits of equipment he bought while working as a shelf-stacker. That's the set up he used for the entire of the first album (after he had been noticed on MySpace). So my point is, "access to any software/hardware" is NOT what got him into the game.

>So if you think you can do what he does, then why aren't you doing it right now?

I FEEL SO CLOSE TO YOU RIGHT NOW

Him and Martin Solveig are the only EDM guys I can actually tolerate.

Andrew W.K writes the best party tunes.

Don Diablo is also pretty good as far as poppy EDM goes.

stop samefagging and bumping. if people wanted to discuss him, we would. are you going to force us to appreciate meme production?

This is a guilty pleasure of mine that I listen to occasionally desu

youtube.com/watch?v=dGghkjpNCQ8