Population of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland since 1100

Population of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland since 1100

Other urls found in this thread:

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/mass-grave-of-796-babies-found-in-septic-tank-at-catholic-orphanage-in-tuam-galway-30327483.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fuck happened to Ireland?

Pathetic.

20m in 1300s it's not fair.

France is basically an "easy mod" country, desu

Yet you still lost the Hundred Year War.
Pathetic? Agreed.

Potato'd

:^)

>Yet you still lost the Hundred Year War.

British education, everyone

Why did Frances population stagnate from 1300 to 1700 but grow past Roman times

Seems like Romans were really good masters.

What happened during France from 850 through 1300 to experience such growth

France grew past romans, from 850.

I don't know.

It was a moral victory.

black death, hundred year wars, religious wars noble feuds and famines

also, the french chart is pathetic. England knew a demographic boom we never really experienced. If we did, france would have more inhabitants than japan today.

>If we did, france would have more inhabitants than japan today

Simply imaginating it is kinda terrifying, desu

Black Death killed 10 million+ in France damn.

Developpement of new agricultural tools, centralization of the kingdom (royal domain blobbing onto feudal lands.) city growth explosion. (Paris became the biggest city in europe at that time.)

"Terrifying"
How so?
I wish USA had 100 billion population of whites.

French people aren't white.

I don't see 100 billion more of my race as terrifying.

really? i don't feel the same

>1870 would have turned very differently should the french population enabled it's army to zerg-rush everyone china style
>some of the colonies like algeria may have been totally assimilated due to the sheer number of migrants that would settle there, would have even kept senegal and turn it into a singapore style region
>Paris would be the most populated city in the world, with enough funds to build anything it wanted and la défense would be 10 times better.

really it would be kinda nice.

>100M french people

Even more commies, leftards and insufferable cunts

You think so?

Don't play with my autism, britboi, you would lose.

>1870 would have turned very differently should the french population enabled it's army to zerg-rush everyone china style

If we've a shiton of soldiers but a shitty army, it won't change anything, desu

>some of the colonies like algeria may have been totally assimilated due to the sheer number of migrants that would settle there, would have even kept senegal and turn it into a singapore style region
>Paris would be the most populated city in the world, with enough funds to build anything it wanted and la défense would be 10 times better.

True

And you would have kept us :(

>tfw no cute French America

We've made terrible mistakes... ;_;

How the fuck did the French claim all that land? You fuckers didn't settle that shit.

Not really. The great population booms in europe happened in the 19th century. By then Canada and louisiana were gone.

sorry leaf.

Games of alliance with Indians, this land wasn't claimed by Europeans at that time. The French weren't colonizers, they were more traders so claiming land also doesn't make sense.

It would have been a perfect world really. No USA, no Canada, only New France :)

>How the fuck did the French claim all that land?

But I like the USA

>If we've a shiton of soldiers but a shitty army, it won't change anything, desu

but the fact is we really didn't. we lost the Franco prussian war due to the lack of use of railways and that germany at the time was as populated as france while they focused their military tactics on "how to defeat France" since napoleon.

Our equipement was good, we had experience in wiping austrian asses 10 years prior and blasting russians off 20 years prior, 1870 would really have turned differently with a bigger population. (More funds, more soldiers and a denser railway system).

Wow, shitskins really ARE outbreeding whites.

I have made the graph for Italy

Ireland if the potatoshoah never happened

Maybe if you had more kids you wouldn't get shoad

They had plenty of kids but Catholics kept killing them.

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/republic-of-ireland/mass-grave-of-796-babies-found-in-septic-tank-at-catholic-orphanage-in-tuam-galway-30327483.html

That was actually the half of it: too many kids being pushed out in an essentially pre-industrial society. The other part of it, of course, was British incompetence.

More population or not, France has simply never been a country of emigration.

If you compare the numbers of settlers sent by the UK compared to the ones sent by France in the Americas the difference is astonishing.

I don't think France has ever had a proper settlement policy for any of its colonies. It seems that the french have always considered the colonies as nothing more than a big stock of raw materials/commodities.

>I don't think France has ever had a proper settlement policy for any of its colonies.

Algeria was a settlement colony and there were clear political incentives that way (like the fact unlike other colonies algeria was divided in departments and could elect peoples to represent them in the Assemblée Nationale). Furthermore, the lack of settlers in the new world does not mean that france isn't a nation of emigration. on the contrary, due to the wars of religions a lot of french minorities emigrated from france, just like with the abolition of the edict of nantes during louis XIV's reign. Unlike the English tho, these hugenots didn't emigrate to the French colonies. they went in the netherlands, britain and germany. that's why you have a lot of french names in the german and british high classes. Not to say a lot of the boers have french surnames.

saying france isn't a nation of emigrants is just wrong.

>direland

20 million in 1345 already, jesus fuck, no wonder you were a superpower with so many people, by that time Spain struggled to have a population of 4 million.