Should universities have to give equal funding to women's sports teams?

Should universities have to give equal funding to women's sports teams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yVdWsRt9XQI
youtube.com/watch?v=YHMtf7lxRdo
youtube.com/watch?v=9hNOJqiJb-E
youtube.com/watch?v=FdIpdGS9m1g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes or else face $0 government funding.

youtube.com/watch?v=yVdWsRt9XQI

really makes u think

HOW

Nah fuck that. they aint exciting to watch.

Universities should not be funding athletics or giving out athletic scholarships in the first place.

pinterest is a sport

Why? Because you grew up a hotdog eating champion instead of an elite QB?

Which university is the most cucked of them all?

>not an argument

safe to ignore this retard for the rest of the thread, he probably didn't even get into college
>inb4 phd in robotic engineering making 1231231231231 USD a week with a 9"cock

>implying you need to go to college to be successful

Top kek

look at the guys top of the bleachers, right at mid court. they're pointing out exactly whats happening.

I remember looking at my school's budget report for last year some time ago. Mens basketball paid for itself with little more left over. Football paid for itself, every sports team (except basketball) and then had some extra money. Every single sports program other than these two operated in the red

>tfw not sure if woman scoring on her own goal or rest of team being stupid guarding the wrong goal.

it's probably the first one but there's no telling with women's sports

Traveling.

that's the worst part actually. The fact that she had a clear path to the basket and was wide open, but couldn't do a running layup. Had to stop, plant her feet, and shoot the ball.

>women

>Not even 50 points by the start of the first of the 3rd quarter

Women's sports shouldn't be allowed at the professional level. It's an actual rip off and couldn't sustain itself in the slightest

>that guy with the white shirt in the audience

desu what she did is harder than a simple running layup

>see op image
>think louisville shot at the wrong basket
>instead duke didn't realize they were defending the wrong basket and louisville took advantage of their stupidity
>dook

kek

>louisville coach is a man

unfair advantage desu

This.
College sports is a purely American phenomenon. In the rest of the world college is just for academics.
Wanna play sports? Join a club. There's no reason why millions of dollars needs to be wasted on stupid shit like womyns """"""sports"""""

>the 2 guys that get up and leave when she scores
Always gets me

Grove City College did this. Never had a problem.

>the government should be in charge of educating people in the first place
>the government should pick and choose which women to give a tax-funded education to based on their ability to perform at a sport that no one watches and that teenage boys could easily outclass
Ultra wew, lads

what would be the consequences if Trump repealed Title IX?

t. Never set foot on a college campus unless he's going to a football game

no but they should pay student athletes that bring in revenue

>girls on the team clapping
>even the defense is like "oh damn how'd we get beat that bad?"
>every man in the building visibly confused/upset

Noting of consequence desu

Some Unis would maybe start funding male teams in obscure sports over women's teams

youtube.com/watch?v=YHMtf7lxRdo

Breaking out all the old hits

youtube.com/watch?v=9hNOJqiJb-E

Non-womeme version of things happening ITT

>Every single sports program other than these two operated in the red

This isn't the full picture of school income from college athletics. Most programs can only offer equivalency scholarships by NCAA/NAIA rule. For example, a D-I baseball team has about 22 players on it; however, all schools are only allowed to offer about 12 scholarships to be split up among all players. The tuition balance is either paid through cash, student loans, grants or academic scholarships.

D-I basketball is pretty much the only fully funded sport in all of college sports. Schools can offer 13 head-count scholarships, meaning each person gets a full ride. A team is generally 12 to 13 players. In D-II, schools can offer 10, at least when I worked in college athletics a few years ago.

FBS football programs can offer 85 head-count full rides; FCS can offer 63; D-II can offer 36. They all have between 70 and 100 players on the roster.

No D-III school can offer athletic scholarships by NCAA rule, so practically every athlete (barring the academic full rides) pay to play.

daww I feel bad for her

Me on the right

No more shit women webms. Hope you liked muh dump. Women are cunts.

>When you pick the fat kid to be goalie

You have it backwards, dipshit. Athletics programs are funding universities. Look at the conference TV contracts

someone have that netball world championship webm?

fuck no, just hand out participation trophies and leave it at that

yes i enjoyed them. thanks

Yet, there is always more money going into the sports programs, staff and facilities, rather than the academic facilities and staff.

>Ameristupids go 250k$ in debt for this bullshit

Fuck that's hard to watch. Poor girl.

Lmao the goalie flinches and makes herself as small as possible

Yes. But only if they kill one and done.

wtf i hate womens now

youtube.com/watch?v=FdIpdGS9m1g

thats actually really sweet. she looks like shes cares for the disabled too.

yeah it's nice

maybe saved the life of that guy in the white tshirt too

>CONCACAF

That is just great...

When are they getting rid of the Caribbeaniggers?

>Filename

The State of English Goalkeeping.

dude, what the fuck..

360 layup? are you serious.. are you serios...

womens sports shouldnt be funded the same as mens sports.. this retarded womens sports funding is the reason why america doesnt have alot of international games, such as handball and cricket.. and wrestling..

why would she embarass herself like that.. she is pretty cute..

Fucking Christ. That 1 boat really is a, dare I say it? Wrecking crew

nothing wrong here

Jesus, the speed of that ball
considering I'd never expect the ball to reach me if I was sitting that back, that ball would've probably killed me

so why the fuck didn't their coach tell them to run to the other side? none of the people on the bench seemed to care, just sort of milling around and waiting. only guy caring was on the bleachers, they should hire that guy.

Wait a second, what exactly was the white team trying to achieve here?
I mean, yeah, all it takes is one goofball to confuse the other 9 grills (as evidenced a post below OP), but still.

ayyyy how can shit like this happen? how is it possible for someone without down syndrome to do something like this, more if we are talking about two full teams? lmao

i used to think that the other team decided to score on themselves so to not hurt the girl's feelings. i guess they're just dumb though.

I am in love.
Imagine being there for her after this angry trip embarrassment. Broken pelvis never sounded this sweet. UNF!

Wymyn sports are pure garbage because wymyn aren't athletic, talented, nor competitive naturally. Only wymyn that are ever even slightly above average are the ones with higher testosterone counts. Wymyn need to just go back to their biological purpose which is a baby making factory.

Stop being misogynistic. This was a trick play designed by Louisville to fool Duke.

public universities should most definitely provide equal funding for guys and grills teams.

tax dollars, man. Women may suck at sports, but fucking tax dollars.

>that face

kek

Goddamn.

Definitely if they bring as much revenue to the university as the men's sports teams

There was a problem in the past of schools not letting women play sports so I think Title IX is still needed. But it's wrong that they kill men's sports programs to comply with this crap, and that men's football chews up so many resources they can't have a lot of other men's sports. They should exclude men's basketball and men's football from the Title IX crap. So give equal funding to women's teams and men's teams, but not counting men's basketball or football in the men's teams funding. Football and basketball actually bring value to the university, whereas women's sports and other men's sports are mostly just about the kids playing them

what's happening here? I can't figure out who the idiots are. Are the two that run and score the idiots, or did the other team get played and defend the wrong basket? The sideline for the red team is cheering the score, does that mean they were right?

>did the other team get played and defend the wrong basket?

Yes.

If it was costing the University more than they were getting in, they wouldn't do it. The people in charge of school's books aren't idiots. Their main goal is to maximize profits and heavy sports does that.

Plus giving some big dumb athlete who wasn't going to go to college anyway isn't hurting their pockets. They're getting way more out of these kids than they give up. Look at how much NFL teams and imagine if they didn't have to pay players.

As for the op, no. If you wanna be the best handball player go to a school that's known for handball etc.

>so why the fuck didn't their coach tell them to run to the other side?
Their coach was a woman

Even with conference TV contracts, every single sports program at every single university loses money with the small exception of several football programs and possibly some basketball programs. Universities only come out on top a little bit when you include alumni donations (who wouldn't donate without the sports) and increased applications from students who want to go to a big sports school.

>Belgium has a red main shirt
>Play in their pale blue secondary shirt against a team in white
Why

Probably to be the first woman to try out for an NFL team. Probably wrote a book or made some TV appearances for quick cash

>my university cut a mens wrestling program that produced an olympian and 3 time NCAA champion that same year in order to add women's lacrosse

UConn because their most successful program is Wumyns BBall

holy shit

women were well educated in the good old days

>Silberman

Women were a mistake.

took it like a champ tho, finished the inning

>Athletics programs are funding universities
then why most big football universities have shit-tier academics?

I might be remembering this shit wrong but didn't she pull a hamstring during or before this?

Was this some sort of friendly? They look too little to be the senior national team. It's actually hard to do this on purpose.