Jesus christ what even is this album, I'm only on the second track and my mind is fucking blown...

Jesus christ what even is this album, I'm only on the second track and my mind is fucking blown. I've never wished I had a super expensive, fancy sound system more than I do now. I've never wanted to be surrounded and encapsulated by music so much. Holy fuck. If the rest of this album is this good this might be in my top 5 albums of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DvPUaMHUzgk
youtu.be/eDv6OSpiuAI
youtube.com/watch?v=iIpwbbkFi-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reddit

it does that to you. thanks for recognising one of my favourite albums. super unappreciated to be honest, especially by bleep-fags

Its so tame though. Good musicianship but very boring and seems less like an album and more like "look at all these fancy tricks I can do".

lol plen

its really boring tho...

Yeah, considering Sup Forums derides it as "entry" level, It's the album I still go back to several years later. I've always asked for recs to similar organic, textural house/techno but never found anything like it.

Saying that half the album is more ambient pieces, the title track being my favourite. Check out the Asleep Versions EP afterwards too, four tracks from Immunity re-worked very well.

Collider is an absolute banger.

Literally 2 good songs

Lads, what do you actually recommend then?

this. the rest of the album is forgettable, same with the rest of his work

youtube.com/watch?v=DvPUaMHUzgk

Not them, but try ital tek

Jon Hopkins >>>>> Andy Stott

lol no

really solid record

Abandon Window is simply transcendental. Sounds like it came straight from the lips of god himself

oh go away, I knew you'd recommend something like this you sperglord, stop posting

lol

lls, fucking p4ktards

>that fucking Coldplay remix

youtu.be/eDv6OSpiuAI

You're a tool fan aren't you

brainless bleep-tard refugees out

haha

Hey Ryan Shcreiber

>please let me circlejerk over p4k approved albums like the good little rockets drone I am

>implying /bleep/ isn't exactly the same with places like Resident Advisor
>even worse it's a load of yanks roleplaying London working class-types who think Burial is Garage

thats Sup Forums dumbass

The fact that you actually know the P4k score for this album shows that the only drone here is you

Burial is actually IDM amirite

Burial is dubstep

>this thread

Spoopy, just found out about this record earlier today.

Dubstep is garage

>
Fuck Sup Forums and it's limited "critically acclaimed" albums only shitty little chcrlerks.

that's horrendously accurate

It's good but his first LP was better desu

my sides have left orbit

this is literally Sup Forums

/bleep/s approach to music >>>>> Sup Forumss approach to music

/bleep/ literally doesn't even discuss music. It's basically Sup Forums's version of /brit/feel

It's a banter thread for people intelligent enough to find their own music and think for themselves instead of holding their cheeks wide for Sup Forums to pour Fantanos shit inside

this

>tfw to intelligent to discuss music
wowe

>Babby's first microhouse
It's good for what it is but there are some far more interesting microhouse albums out there

Aha no lad, it's basically Ket Wigs and Chicken Connoisseur.

>spoonfeed me
>let's circlejerk over the same "approved" albums again
>rank this band's albums we've all ranked 1000 times before
>music discussion
lls

Name 5

>spoonfeed me

Vladislav delay is a good entry point. Check out Farben and Luomo.

who are you quoting?

>fucking drones thinking the earth is round don't you know it's obviously flat
>please provide evidence to support your assertion
>wtf no i'm not going to spoonfeed you go and find your own evidence
fucking retard

All of this board

That's Uusitalo isn't it? Yeah I'm a fan

>spoonfeed me

Go try explore instead of looping one album until someone approves a different one for you

fpbp

>knocking music discussion
so basically bleep is a 'talk about fuck all' thread? wow, you're fun

see don't make an assertion if you're not prepared to back it up. "muh spoonfeeding" is a bullshit copout to avoid actually answering the question.

That's not music discussion, it's a bunch of plebs fapping over the same soggy biscuit for 10 years.

>spoonfeed me pleeeease

>Next up on The Tonight Show, we have the Autistic Anons who have been back in the studio
>So, what's the new album called?
>"Not spoonfeeding ohmargerd reeeeeee"

We have established this before. everyone hates bleep apart from bleep. They are literally braindead drug-addled hikikomori.

>muh anime
>muh s/t
>lads
>lads
>occasional lo-fi house post

just stop

spoon-feeding will always exist on this board and only get worse and people will always ignore the sticky and resent musical exploration, you aren't fighting the good fight

i can't believe it's not an argumentâ„¢

it's not hard to type in jon hopkins and dig aroound on youtube for a bit though is it tho guys.

Not at all, though it's not hard to reply to people honestly after a glib comment of "there's better albums like this", is it?

Yes!

I must be spoonfed critically acclaimed albums which feature on at least 3 essentials charts and have been called patrician at least 10 times in the archive.

I used to be vehemently anti-droning and spoonfeeding too but then I accepted that someone impressed with entry level music isn't automatically at the mercy of whatever another source tells them to listen to, and it was a waste of time to be mad about because lazy listeners will always exist and the worse this board gets the harder it will be to control

spoonfeeding isn't even relevant in this discussion, it's literally just a case of one user making an assertion and refusing to back it up

probably trying to backpedal after realising he can't name anything better that isn't equally entry-level and circlejerked shit that happens to be /bleep/-approved like luomo and villalobos

And this is why but not

Spoonfeeding guy here, I wasn't the user who said there were better albums

why respond then

Vladislav > Sasu >>>>> Luomo

nice meta thread

Because I hate you all, this board and I have insomnia

inorite, now THIS is music discussion

literally the most normie approach to music possible, the equivalent of searching "1000+ hours of soothing classical music" on youtube and acting like some sort of authority figure. no actual discussion or critical thought involved, just mindless consumption of media, because to actually discuss or think critically about a piece of music leans too far towards "circlejerking" and "spoonfeeding"

i think you're mistaking a genuine interest in music for an interest in developing and maintaining "unique and interesting" taste.

1. Ricardo Villalobos - Alcachofa
2. Lawrence - The Absence of Blight
3. Luomo - Vocalcity
4. Kiasmos - Kiasmos
5. Akufen - My way

intricate and gltich-y with melding of organic, human touch that comes from the self-recorded samples is bliss

thought so lol

WOT DO U CALL IT ?
GARRIDGE ?
WOT DO U CALL IT ?
URBAN ?

Copying Scaruffi and listening to whats on the essentials chart isn't "actual discussion or critical thought" lls

/thread

Max Cooper is a breddy cool guy

youtube.com/watch?v=iIpwbbkFi-8

this desu

>implying /bleep/ likes vladisperg and vibabobos

just listened to op's album
it's boring, more along

If you like this album, don't bother with the rest of his work. Just check our moderat's discogophy instead

>microhouse

You millennials and your funny names for techno

this

Funny how no one can actually give a legitimate criticism of this album beyond >hurr entry-level p4k reddit

man this is exactly how i felt back in 2013 but i havent listened to it in over 3 years prolly

this is better than immunity

its not memorable

Sup Forums, please don't talk about Techno or House ever again
This is embarrassing

ive never even listened to this album but saying something "isn't memorable" or "it's boring" isn't a criticism, it means nothing

WHY isnt it memorable? that question actually gets to the heart of the problem

kys bleepfag

>if you ever do it again ill cut you

>>WHY isnt it memorable?
i don't remember a song.
> "isn't memorable" or "it's boring" isn't a criticism, it means nothing
it is a criticism. nothing still means something actually.

kys p4kfag

Electronic music for people who never listened to electronic music before.