If I force myself to listen to patrician genres like classical and jazz all day...

If I force myself to listen to patrician genres like classical and jazz all day, and try not to turn it off and instead listen to pleb music, will I just naturally learn to enjoy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI
youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1ijVMk1Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=Wc4tT-55ZzI&t
youtu.be/DW4XgQvcDsQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go to a live jazz gig

>Jazz

Maybe if you actually listen. Remember there is a difference between "hearing" and "listening."

But then again if you're forcing yourself, you're probably just not really capable of actually listening.

shouldnt need to force yourself into liking things. why do you have to like jazz and stuff? just listen to what you like

What is there not to enjoy about classical music?
Do you hate beautiful melodies, harmonies and interesting instrumentation?

Just listen to Chopin and Tchaikovsky i guess, if you are unaccesible for you just give up and sttick to your niggers talking over a beat

>just listen to what you like
This is the reason why most people do not branch out from top 40.

if those are*

>What is there not to enjoy about classical music?

It's really boring.

you have to get into it from intermediate easy stuff first like art blakey is for jazz
also, try becoming a musician and composer

>Music that evokes emotion is boring

if you limit yourself to doing things you like, you won't grow.

'taste' is entirely based on your current knowledge. if you know about a genre and what it is supposed to be and what is appealing about it and where it came from, then you're going to get a lot out of it and enjoy it. if you don't know about a genre, you're going to hear it and probably not like it

people don't get that even if you presently don't like a genre, there's a good possibility that you simply don't understand it. and for all you know, putting effort into understanding it could lead you to a far more satisfying genre than the ones you currently 'enjoy'

youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI
"no"
that being said, I'm open to suggestions that sound like that, cause I'm a classical newfag

There is no point in putting yourself through a meaningless excersice if you dont really feel like youre getting something out of it

youtube.com/watch?v=Xb1ijVMk1Ys

boring asf desu

not enough niggers talking about bitches?

I agree that you should not force yourself but you can't just avoid everything. Most people do not even know what they like out of music because they have not heard enough music.

When I was 11 I thought that I wanted catchy music with a "nice beat" but now I'm more into slow, atmospheric, long form music like ambient and post rock.

Just stop replying people. It's clear that it's a bait thread, although a disguised one.

maybe you'll learn to understand them and it'll be another enjoyable thing to listen to but it's not like everyone categorically likes jazz or classical the most even then
there's no point trying to force yourself to conform to what's ~patrician~ to someone else

youtube.com/watch?v=Wc4tT-55ZzI&t
Just sit back and feel the atmosphere.

why does everything need to be about hip hop christ

I agree with you, i'd always recommend for someone to broaden their horizons in regards to music and any sort of art really, but too often it devolves into this pretensius pseud attitude, especially in the more obscure genres, where you end up not really caring about the music itself

Because it's the epitome of bad music.

you're thinking of metal, some hip hop is alright

Most metal is alright, hip hop is 99% shite, my sweet-natured friend.

Find a balance between listening to what you like and pushing your boundaries

You're thinking of country,some metal is alright

youtu.be/DW4XgQvcDsQ
you have to be american and like folk music, but generally yeah I agree that country is pretty metal-tier

You'll need an attention span and a certain degree of patience.