Are weebs the only ones that attend these 'Anime Conventions'? Like do any normal people GO?

Are weebs the only ones that attend these 'Anime Conventions'? Like do any normal people GO?

Basically I'm asking if I should ever bother going to one of these events or if it's just going to be a cringe fest and something I'll regret for the rest of my life.

If you want to see a bunch of 5/10s showing too much skin in homemade costumes and try-hard Etsy sellers trying to move their goods, go for it.

Most conventions aren't about the art anymore, just the social scene.

So you're saying it's going to be cringecon?

Thanks for the help man. The con I was talking about is the Atlanta Anime Weekend

I've been to NDK a couple times in Denver and some of it isn't that bad. 60% of the people are pretty cringe but a good amount are chill too. It's really up to you on how high your tolerance is for people.

What are the benefits of going to one of these events before I activate my Tier 5 CringeResist Gear?

If you like anime there's some stuff to see. Early trailers, signings, screenings, cosplay. Also there's a shit load of things to buy. I wouldn't go alone, but I've gone with some homies and it's an alright time. My suggestion is just buy a single day if there's more than one day. Honestly after one or two days it does get tiring.

Hmm.. I've had good times in all con's I've gone to. Granted, we have a nice group of 'normies' that I usually go to the events with.

Do agree there's quite of people present who I would not associate myself publicly, there are always some very interesting people there as well.

IDK, fairly normal people go to the bigger ones, not just NEETs (though there are a fuckton of NEETs there usually).

That's what I'm worried about. I don't want to be surrounded by people Id never associate myself with. It would be fake on my part.
Sounds pretty cool, but I have some norimes that may go with me. I'm just pretty sure they'd cringe to the max.

If they're open minded you'll be fine it isn't that bad, if they aren't I wouldn't risk it bro. There can be some weirdos dude. Weirdest dude I saw was like literally. What you imagine a neckbeard. Older long hair (this nigga had it in pigtails) big, neckbears, and he was only wearing pink fucking panties. ONLY. Idk how this guy got lasted so long without getting kicked out.

though they may find it funny.

you tell me

pic related

Yeah, I'm the Brolaf

I think I've made my point

There is some cringe as is normal with ppl that like anime but if you go with some buddies you'll make it and have a decent time. 2 days max. Anymore and like previously mentioned it'll get sucky. There are some relatively hot chicks too.

Lose some weight before you wear tight fitting polo shirts.

fuck you I do what I want

Anyone going to AX

I bet your fatass weighs more than him. Of all the comments you could have posted, you went for his weight? Someone is projecting...

Also, body shaming cosplayers is a HUGE no no at conventions. It will get you kicked out.

That wasn't me, but fuck me and my bro make jokes all the time. We roast like there's no tomorrow. I'm afraid well hurt someone's feelings.
Tf is that?
So mostly average chicks that will most likely either be taken or have mental issues.

Fml always at the bottom

>body shaming cosplayers is a HUGE no no
pls be bait

>body shaming

This aint tumblr son. You best take your snowflake syndrome and go fuck your pansexual transnigger afluid squirrelkin boyfriend somewhere else friend.

At least half will be underage. Be very careful when drinking with them. Most convention goers are 14-20 years old.

maybe...

Baited

You are free to do what you want. I'mjust saying what others WILL be thinking. If they're too concerned about this to say it too your face you have some pretty shitty friends.

Thay fact remains you are too fat for those tight fitting clothes. I get that "cons" are safe spaces or whatever. But doesn't mean you are immune to criticism.

Fml I won't fit in, this seals the deal.
I can't hang with hipsters, weebs, normies and underagefags.

Or I'm in my 30's and have no fucks to give about what a bunch of teens think of my clothes/weight.

These conventions just give sluts an excuse to wear nothing and say it's cosplay

Yep. It's like extra Halloween. Some even wear those store bought Halloween costumes and try to claim they made their cosplay themselves.

If I do decide to go and commit sudoku afterwards are there any good animu characters with masks/helmets to cover my faceo?

Cat ear + tail = female cosplay
Lots of $$$ and time on full body suits of armor = male cosplay