Love the hell out of this album, what other albums by Yes are worth checking out?

Love the hell out of this album, what other albums by Yes are worth checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9O6e7cgkeqw
youtube.com/watch?v=-up8ebz06yA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you liked that album you'll probably enjoy most of their 60s and 70s stuff. Don't forget live albums.

This is unironically the best album by any band

sound chaser is a goddamn masterpiece

Fragile and Relayer.

smashed this damn record

>Sound Chaser
>not The Gates of Delirium

Fragile, Relayer, Drama

(actually 90125 is completely different and it's all pop but it's really good and fun so I also recc it)

The albums worth listening to from the "classic" era yes

The Yes Album was Yes' first prog album, and has a similar sound to close to the edge but is more accessible and more traditional rock.

Fragile is a lot like the Yes Album

A lot of people really hate Tales from Topographic Oceans due to being too long and overindulgent but if you loved close to the edge, you'll probably enjoy it. Just be patient with it because it's a double LP with four songs total.

Relayer is similarly structured to Close to the Edge, in that there's one sidelong tracks and then two tracks on side B. It is the heaviest that Yes ever got and I consider it to be their best album. Gates of Delirium is my favorite song of all time.

Their first two albums (Yes and Time and a Word) are nice but ultimately pretty forgettable, listen to them if you feel the need to after listening to all of these.

Going for the one is nice but is not on the same level as the rest of these. The only standout track is Wonderous Stories.

Tormato is mediocre at best, don't bother unless you're really really bored.

Drama onwards is basically an entirely different band, so I'm not going to talk about those albums here.

Alright, I'll definitely check out The Yes Album - Relayer.

When you say they were a completely different band after Going for the One, do you mean they changed members or they just changed their sound dramatically?

This is actually a really good post and OP should be grateful for it

>Gates of Delirium is my favorite song of all time
Patrician confirmed

>do you mean they changed members or they just changed their sound dramatically?
surely you've heard this classic
youtube.com/watch?v=9O6e7cgkeqw

What the fuck, that's Yes? They went to pop?

yeah

Tormato was so bad that chris squire kicked jon anderson and rick wakeman out of the band, then Yes merged with the buggles (new wave keyboard/singer duo, video killed the radio star) to make drama which sounds completely different from anything up to that point but is still a very cool interesting album in its on right, just not a Yes album. Then they tried to do pop for a few albums with varying levels of success

Oh, you poor dear. Just wait until you discover ASIA.

And it's a shame too, because some of the post-Tormato demos with Jon and Rick are actually really good- Golden Age could have been a top Yes track with some more work done on it.

That's a shame, must have been quite the shit album.

They're nowhere near Yes in quality.

Awaken on Going for the One might be best Yes song of all time. Are you even a fan?

Should I go see Yes with Anderson, Wakeman, and Rabin

All three songs are.

>The only standout track is Wonderous Stories

Awaken and Turn Of The Century are great.

Anything prior to 90125, excluding Tormato. Drama is underrated, and even S/T is a solid classic rock album.

>That's a shame, must have been quite the shit album.
I mean, it isn't godawful, but it's a massive disappointment after their golden-age stuff.

HEY, YOU LEAVE ASIA OUT OF THIS.

Heat of The Moment is a utterly god-tier pop track, btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=-up8ebz06yA

I unironically like Changes desu

Nah. To Be Over is the masterpiece. Sound Chaser is leftover wank from Tales

Can we retire the word "wank" as it applies to art?

Am I the only one that loves Time And A Word? Pretty great album desu

Also the Yes Album may appeal you

>mfw 90125 is my favourite album before fragile

mfw drama is my favourite album before fragile and close to the edge

Listen to the album, it's great

But Drama came after those albums user

The Yes Album is my favorite of theirs. It has Jon's best vocals performances, Steve Howe's best acoustic performance ever recorded, and it's not wanky at all

Mood for a Day > The Clap

Mood for a Day is great, but how can you seriously say that it's better than Clap? When I first heard that song I couldn't believe my ears. it changed the way I thought about acoustic music

That's what I was implying.

>Sound Chaser is leftover wank from Tales
But user, it's not wankery at all and doesn't remotely sound like anything they did on Tales which Patrick Moraz was no part of