starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
youtu.be/QeqEvT0UNnE
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Phaser
youtube.com/watch?v=lRZXME555z0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well what?

>implying EpIII was good

the episode 7 pics don't match, that bottom pic is from when the X-Wings rescue Finn and Co. from Maz Kanata's planet.

>there are people who think that clusterfuck mess of ships in the beginning of III is good
It's fucking stupid. It makes absolutely no sense.

EpIII was kino while nu-Star Wars is going to be cheap flicks about BBCs and the interracial breeding grounds.

Well, what?

The right ones look better. Left ones are suffering of Rick McCallumism.

They really shouldn't have succeeded in this movie. It would have been better if they were completely defeated except for rescuing rey and getting to luke.

Still miles better than the episode 4 remake

Not-Deathstar looks like a gigantic anus.

Star Wars isn't about filling the screen with shit that happens fast

episode III was so dense and had so much going on.
episode VII had nothing going on.

No, Episode III just has the illusion that there is so much going on when really, there isn't.
That whole battle of Coruscant is completely pointless and just serves as fodder while Obi Wan and Anakin go to rescue Palplatine.

>episode III was so dense and had so much going on.

And yet, most of it was meaningless pap. That applies to both the opening battle and the movie as a whole.

EPISODE I > EPISODE III > EPISODE II

>Scene on the left
>Greatest battle ever put to film, considering it's millions of people on both sides fighting to take control of the galactic capital of billions of lives
>Battle involves a false flag capture of their leader, which he himself orchestrated without anybody knowing

>Scene on the right
>"Yeah, we destroyed the entire good guys space fleet because... They just happened to be all in orbit around a few select systems, and wouldn't be spread out around the neutral zone of their enemy. We now need this giant laser to destroy them all, because it's not like we can just blockade their planets and force them to surrender now"
>A hand full of space ships fighting each other

Reminder that anybody who prefers 7 over 3 isn't a true sci-fi fan in any shape or form, and just follow public band wagoning and normie trends. Episode 3 was one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, sci-fi epic ever.

>LE FUCK THE PREQUELS BECAUSE OF LE JAR JAR xDD

Just wait a few years when it's cool to shit on the sequels and like the prequels again. These people are all going to be banging on about how they never elastic banded between opinions based on public opinion.

Millions of heroes on both sides I believe you mean.

>Star Wars
>sci-fi
And the rest of your post sounds like an idiot wrote it as well

>when it's cool to ... like the prequels again
>again
I think we converged here from different timelines.

>Set in space
>Only fantasy shit it in is the force
>Even light sabers have -tried- to be explained as to how they function, even having a power source and emitters
>Relies heavily on technology and futuristic technology to advance the plot, all of which an be explained and operates like traditional sci-fi shit (no force-powered lasers)
>Space ships everywhere
>"It's not sci-fi!"

why did the clone attack the ship where palpatine is ? Are they just fucking dumb ?

My brother, my captain... my King

usually in sci-fi, the conflict is driven by a science issue. Science fiction, the science drives the story

In 2006 I didn't know a single person who didn't love the shit out of episode 3, and I was an 18 year old social fag who mingled with nerds and normies alike.

Blade Trinity is something that nobody ever liked or ever will.

Convoluted mess of a space battle with thousands of ships with "FASTER MORE INTENSE" action. Why the fuck didn't the Galactic Capital have ground to space defense weapons? Or orbital battlestations?

Shots from III are a cluttered mess.
Shots from VII are surprisingly decent.

Both are shit films though.

They didn't know he was on Grievious' ship until shortly before Episode 3 begins. All the ships engaging it aren't going to suddenly stop firing and let their own ships be torn apart in the heat of battle.

Also, according to the cartoons, they were just trying to disable the ship, but because of the way their ships are unmanned by traditional sense, that requires ripping the majority of the ship to pieces.

i liked it :(

By that logic the entirety of Next Generation, the bulk of TOS, and all of Deep Space 9 are now fantasy and aren't sci-fi.

>a CG cluster fuck makes up for a shitty story and retarded dialog
Lucas get off Sup Forums, isn't there some franchise you should be trying to ruin?

This.

>teenagers
>giving actual opinions and not just going along with the group

It's the prime fleets of two intergalactic powers fighting within a confined space. That's the entire point you dumb Reddit fucker.

how new are you

name a scene better than this in TFA
youtube.com/watch?v=25GKkfXJUVU

>CGI furniture

>only fantasy shit is the force
>Spacecraft with no explanation of propulsion
>"let's use space swords you guise!"
Technology in Star Wars is never explained in the movies. It was never about that, it was about space knights fighting intergalactic evil. And I'm ok with that, but I would say it's science fantasy, not science fiction.

Samefag

Why does that ep 3 planet have no clouds? Wasn't it raining at the end of that movie?

This: youtu.be/4KiR_DICYgM

There are

No budget for clouds, used all the weather budget for the last 10 minutes.

>Obi-Wan's saber not working because it got wet
>"I BYPASSED THE COMPRESSOR!"
>"Take out the shield generators"
>Entire 3rd act of Return of the Jedi on disabling the shield generator for the Death Star
>5 minute briefing on how and why they can destroy the Death Star 1
>Aiming scope during Death Star trench run
>Explanation on droids being controlled by droid control ships...

Do I need to go on? Star Wars movies explain their tech more than any other main stream Sci-Fi movies out there.

this

Fuck off you dirty Jew cunt

Think whatever you want, faggot. At least us real sci fi fans stick together, unlike you vapid normie-fi niggers that only give a film the thumbs up if it has a nigger in the lead.

>muh nostalgia crutch
youtube.com/watch?v=4yU44Xk5fFI
even this is a better scene

How does that explain how any of those things work? Explain to me in detail how a star wars sheild generator functions. Compare than to Star Trek when they actually discuss how the ship funtions.

What, Mega Cannon Destroyer Star would have just kept popping planets in the meantime while Rey goes on a quest?

>They really shouldn't have succeeded in this movie. It would have been better if they were completely defeated except for rescuing rey and getting to luke.
Technically they both lost. The Star Killer did massive damage to the current galactic leadership, but in return they lost their Star Killer. If you count casualties on both sides I think the Dark Side came out ahead. EpVII is basically the START of a new war, not the end of one.

after watching the latest star wars movie and then rewatching 1,2 and 3 its obvious that star wars 7 is a piece of shit.

In the prequels they at least did new things, had new planets, new ships and weapons and a plot that wasnt there in the other movies.
Star wars 7 is just 4 with some nigger jizz all over it and then blended in to a steaming turd.

That scene is terrible. It's as shitty as the medal ceremony in Star Wars

>Muh WWII symbolism.

>"ep 3 planet"

And there you have your mainstream sequels fan right there. Doesn't even know what Coruscant is. Holy shit.

>He doesn't know that the entire planet is made up of a giant city
>There's no atmosphere and atmospheric gases in the traditional sense, as the planet is now artificially governed
>It still rains because of the collection of gasses and other byproducts being released by all the manufacturing on the planet
>The rain itself is more like acid rain

Please go back to Instagram and # yourself in some selfie shots in a sequels storm trooper tshirt, you normie shit.

You got me all wrong senpai

As much as I hate the prequels, the montage scene of Anakin on the speeder bike going to find his mother in the Tatooine Wilderness is really good. It's John William's score that really sells it.

Don't you have a wookieepedia article to write right about now?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

coruscant is still a planet, but there are like a thousand layers of city build on top of it.

>A nightmare about being forced to watch someone play Colony Wars on 1200 different screens at once

vs

>A dogfight

Both movies are pretty bad but this thread is bullshit

Who cares, the point is I, II, and III are garbage and shitquel apologists are the worst group on Sup Forums.

Whether VII is good or not is neither here nor there.

It's so dense. Every single moment there are just so many things going on.

Thanks, Ric Olé.

>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz
i liked parts of the prequels, i also hated parts of it, but the good parts outweigh the bad ones in my opinion.

Star wars 7 is the complete opposite.

youtu.be/QeqEvT0UNnE

That hint of Duel of the Fates and Imperal March, fuck yeah.

Yeah, but where the clouds at homey?

IT'S SO DENSE

Star Trek doesn't even explain how "any of those things work". They've never even explained how the reactors in their ships work, or why they can't just warp torpedos through enemy shields.

All Star Trek "technical info" is in expanded universe shit, much like Star Wars with Wookiepedia and the novels.

>inb4 "But I heard the engineer saying the dilithium matrix was damaged because the neural gel packs became dislodged by..."

None of that techno-babble even makes sense. The majority of it was written in with no sense of their meaning, just because it sounded cool. Brent Spiner especially hated this, and ad-libbed the majority of the shit he says, so it has no actual meaning until fans and lore-fags jumbled all the pieces together to make it sound like it was a thing.

I'm not even a Star Wars fag and even I think Trek tech shit is stupid. As soon as you have a basic understanding of the concept they are trying to push with their big words, it immediately makes no sense.

>i.e. that episode of Next Gen where they are trapped in the cave, and Picard uses his phaser to heat the rocks for warmth. Going by the fact that phasers transmit energy by way of phasing matter, it literally wouldn't do that.

It's stylistically designed to be that way, but we can diminish the effects of it.

Confirmed for not knowing how phasers work.

There was very little to like in the shitquels. Even as a teenager in the theaters I knew they were horrible, so I don't really have the nostalgia goggles.

Really the only thing they have going for them are designs, the ships, the droids, some of the worlds. The story and the dialog is painful. And the laziness of making everything CG, even basic rooms is kind of offensive.

But really I wish Lucas died in the 80s so we wouldn't know what a hack he was by ruining Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Personally I enjoyed VII, I have no real desire to watch it again, but I feel it was better than the shitquels. In the end though, it doesn't really compare to the OT. So arguing over which is better dog shit or hallow copy of a good movie seems meaningless to me.

There's no flora at all. The entire "atmosphere" would just be composed of methane gas and CO2 and everything would die.

The atmosphere of the planet was replaced by artificial means tens of thousands of years before the original trilogy. There are no clouds because they have no way of forming.

How does space battles work when theres more than just x, z and y axis?

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Phaser

Exactly how I described it, apparently. They phase matter. Hence why the other races frown upon disruptor technology as a personal combat weapon, because they disrupt matter and cause the target to die quite easily.

No matter how much you lore fags say that "phasers can heat things!" the principle behind them disallows this. It's like saying that splashing water in a bath tub causes the water to freeze.

There's more than three axis in space?

By having max shield capacity at the starboard and port, and rotating your ships within the axis to accommodate facing.

Unless your ship is a perfect sphere with equal shielding on all sides and 360 degree weapons, then it makes no sense to engage in space battles any other way.

I guess he's talking about pitch, yaw and roll

That's not a fair comparison. The battle in Ep 3 was a large invasion-scale battle between two galactic military forces who were throwing everything they had at each other. The Starkiller battle was a minor skirmish by comparison, being fought between two different terrorist organizations.

>That's not a fair comparison. The battle in Ep 3 was a large invasion-scale battle between two galactic military forces who were throwing everything they had at each other. The Starkiller battle was a minor skirmish by comparison, being fought between two different terrorist organizations.
Yep. Ben Solo was basically a kid who signed up into ISIS, The wars are simply different, neither side have much to work with and they are not at total war.

THAT MASSIVE EP3 SPACE WAR SEQUENCE WAS THE BEST THING OUT OF ALL STARWARS COMBINED

ILM FUCKING NAILED IT, THATS 10 YEAR OLD CGI AND ITS STILL AWESOME

Just imagine if Lucas hadn't been so shit at dialogue, and we got prequels that looked like that and weren't full of characters spouting autistic gibberish

>tfa
>no epic space battles
>no new ships
>mostly long shots of cgi landscapes and interiors
>desert with a few tarps and metal sticks
> a wood

no wonder they are banging out these disney wars at like 5 a year there is literally nothing going on

nope

They did, and they used them. Watch the Clone Wars.

Abrams, you're a fucking hack. Kill yourself, you ruined Star Wars.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

That entire scene was a fucking mess. That was the exact point in the film where Rey totally broke character.

Pre Leaving Jakku
>I wanna leave this planet, go somewhere else. I hate it here. I wanna be a Jedi, I'm fascinated by Jedi lore.

Maz's Bar
>Take this lightsaber, it's yours
>I don't wanna be a Jedi, I wanna go back to my planet, I'm supposed to wait for someone
>Has a panic attack and gets captured by Ren

Worst part is, the only reason they did that at all was to hamfist the steps in the Monomyth, and advance the plot. None of that at all fell in line with her originally established character.

>"Watch the Clone Wars"

A movie must be self-sufficient.

>A dog fight

It was literally an invasion from their best fighters vs. the ENTIRE defending force of First Order. A force made up of.... 7 fighters, no Bomber or Interceptors. Same for the heroes, only X Wings.

Even the first film had a larger force clash with each other. The force defending the Death Star more than doubled what we saw in the climax of Ep VII.

It's not about size, it;s about VISION. Say what you want about EPIII and Lucas, but the pic on the left is a CORRECT depiction of a massive space battle between two fleets over the surface of a Capital planet.

Pic on the right looks like they ran out of budget. Lucas was a director with a good eye for iconic scenes. The opening to Episode III is still well-remembered and loved by pretty much everyone. Wheras most of Episode VII is pretty forgetable because Abrams is a shit director. Lucas might not have been the best writer, which he himself admitted it many times. He in fact wanted other people to write the prequels, but everyone refused. But he WAS a very good director. All the Star Wars films HE directed are LOADED with iconic scenes that define the franchise.

>EpIII was kino

IT'S SO DENSE

>I enjoyed Ep VII

Opinion discarded. You have shit taste senpai.

>There's more than X, Y, Z axis
Are you retarded? You can't have more than 3 axis in the 3rd Dimension you fucking retard.

>that giant bloated clusterfuck on the left

What was Lucas trying to convey?

>Why don't they highlight this arbitrary thing that doesn't fit into the narrative
>Well, they were used, it was just in the background since that was not important to the narrative of the film
>yeah, but I wanted to see it
>then watch the Clone Wars
>A movie must be self-sufficient

You're a fucking imbecile.

Also, if you haven't watch the Clone Wars you have no right defending the shit fest that was TFA.

A massive space battle, to kick start a Space Epic.

I would have assumed that'd be obvious to anyone with even the lowest level of intelligence, but I guess the bar is lower than I initially thought.

>massive space battle
>no fighting going on in the background

>YFW THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER 6DOF ZERO GRAVITY SHOOTER
youtube.com/watch?v=lRZXME555z0

/3464568
wut

Eternal GOAT tier: Episode 6 Throne scenes

Good tier: Episode 4 Episode 5

Meh tier: Episode 1, Rest of Episode 6

Trash tier : Episode 3

JUST tier: Episode 2, episode 7

Episode 6 always pisses me off.

Why is the conclusion of your space epic like over 50% filler.

Why did they not stick with the original plan for 9 movies

They're not called special effects when they're in every scene. Just effects.

>Episode III: Lightwave Cuckery

IV > III > V > VI > I > II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitty IV remake