Sup guys

Sup guys,

What did you think of Alien Covenant?
What did you like? What did you hate?

5/10, disappointing.

Characters were bland and forgettable.

They constantly made stupid terrible decisions.

Couldn't relate or care about them at all.

Some minor plotholes/things that should have been explained better.

Visuals were cool. Aliens looked good.

Retcons and backstory explanations were bad choices. Alien was scary because it was mysterious. Why did it exist? Who created it? Where did the Space Jockeys come from? Etc.
Everything is now explained, removes the mystery.

Lack of psycosexual, tense horror that made Alien great. Lack of strong characters and amazing pacing and action scenes that made Aliens great.

Predictable, emotionless, Alien/Aliens deserve much better.

can never beat the first two.... never will

Not encouraging, thanks user, I will wait for good rip

Of course not, but they where the only good ones. Taking 3rd place is an achievement if you ask me.

i thouroughly enjoyed it,
the pacing was fine, the twist was a bit predictable but i liked it none the less, as a sequel to Promethius it was far superior those white things were fuckign amazing and i would have liked more of that, we could have spent a little less time on the ship and a bit longer on the planet before it started getting real, them getting sick and returning to the scuttle was a poor choice, those are my only complaints

The pacing was weird, the tone was inconsistent and the characters were unbelievably dumb with most haveing no development even though Kathrine Waterston character had an arc it was it made no sense however Danny Mcbrides characters arc made even less sense.Was not a fan.

It was 7/10. Fucking robot got them good

I enjoyed it... But I couldn't give a fuck less about the characters. Half way through the film I didn't even know most of their names. They did a really shitty job with character introductions & development. And this can really break a movie for me.

One word critique:
"Predictable"

I'll give you a quick run-down on this movie: everyone is a fucking idiot except the villain. That's all.

disappointing.
i was promised some lore and or story progression, got none of that.

Whole film was just anti relationship propaganda

>Like
Scenery
Using realistic guns
>Hate
Predictable
Fairly boring
Aiming lasers ALWAYS on
Terrible Characters
Terrible Story
Unfeasible Story at that

don't forget racemixing with niggers

Was 10/10 until the racemixing shower scene, then it became 2/10.

this. Thank god the both got killed.

Wah wah wah. Boo fuckin hoo.

found the casual

found the dumb faggot

Plot was pretty much "everyone is stupid".

David takes everyone to the museum of evidence showing that he's a threat to humanity, rather than letting himself be rescued.

Walter realises that David is a psychopath, and rather than talking to his crew to organise his swift execution, Walter lets David know he knows he's a psychopath, then lets David get nice and close for a swift kill.

Walter is for some reason concerned with staying put and punching an unarmed robot, while everyone else is fleeing.

Absolutely no one screens not-Walter with questions, despite it being an obvious possibility that it's David in disguise, and despite the fact that there were probably weeks of recovery and repairs between the return to the ship and return to cryosleep.

The guy who gets facefucked by an alien on the planet where things make you pregnant with murderaliens isn't quarantined, and also facehugger behaviour from all other movies seems illogical now that it's canon that even brief exposure to a facehugger makes you pregnant with murderaliens.

In fact, the canonical effectiveness of these aliens keeps getting greater with every film.

Also, it's easily the least satisfying end to a movie ever.
The original movie was:
>lots of struggle to beat alien, people die
>eventually beat the alien

This movie was:
>everyone runs around flailing and dying
>eventually smart things are done
>but still people were too fucktarded to check that the robot on the ship wasn't the one who wanted to murder all of humanity, so the whole plot could have been replaced with "David snuck on the ship" because that rendered everything else pointless, because everyone dies anyway

pretty accurate. david/walter is SO fucking boring every time hes on screen i almost fell asleep not exaggerating. wasnt intense enough overall, for a such a long series with such a broad appeal it cant get away with a few stupid body-busting hatches anymore. 5/10 for good effects tho.