You can't say he's wrong

You can't say he's wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#High-grossing_films_by_year
dailymotion.com/video/x2qxjk2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I blame capeshit.

In terms of what? Movies being made? Millennials don't control the movie industry rich old jews like him do and all they want now is profits over creativity.

Why does cuckchan whorship pedos ??

maybe he should stop participating in pre-teen virginity sacrifice rituals and help make some fucking good films then.

says the guy who has been making the same movie over and over his whole life?

says the guy who keeps making the same movie again and again. why do people care about what this nasty creep has to say?

It's because the SJW

Half of the reason people moved to 8gag was so they can post CP and loli

Collectively, sure, but it's not like EVERYONE is creatively bankrupt.

>TFW people start calling out my inane, thinly veiled pedo-fantasies :((

This. One of the least creative directors out there.

He's talking about his own generation, right?

>this generation is empty and has no imagination

Yes. And Woody's generation made it that way.

Woody Allen is on Facebook now?

If millenials weren't watching all kinds of capeshit like it's the greatest thing on earth,they wouldn't make these.So the blame solely lies on millenials.

And it's not like Millenials are going out of their way to avoid that thrash.
New Hollywood came about because young people of his day rejected the pig trough that young people today gorge in

How else is he going to meet 13 year old Asian girls to molest?

It will never be empty as long as you continue to cum inside them.

Of course hes right
just look at the state of this board

This is a quote from one of Woody's movies, Midnight in Paris, the one that makes fun of nostalgiafags and "born in le wrong generation". Posting this without the quote tags and context completely reverses the message behind it.

These facebook fan pages are cancer.

Sorry not everybody thinks french cafes and jew york socialites are cool anymore Woody

although cafe society looks very comfy

>This generation
>Doesn't specify which generation

THIS^^^^

>fake facebook
>march 21

every generation thinks that previous generations were better
that's the joke

>making fun of nostalgia fags
I dont think that was the point of Midnight in Paris. If anything it was sympathetic to them.

Dingus

>mah freudian infidelity middle age angst memes

at least this generation doesn't molest children

there are plenty of imaginative intellectual among the alt-right. It's just we're being drowned out by self hating nu male degenerates who all wear the same faggot beard and spew the same bluepilled horseshit day after day like mindless drones.

Gil comes to the realization that every generation idealizes a generation before them, and he should learn to be happy where he is.

This is the thing, studios don't like taking risks on small-scale auteur projects as much anymore. It's all about that tent-pole money. If established names like David Lynch can't get funding for their projects, what does Allen expect no-names to do?

yes it does

molesting children is human nature

Well it's not my fault he acted out my idea to adopt an Asian daughter and marry her at 18 before I had a chance to.

Fuck you Woody child rapist Allen, your films are shit

no it isn't, it is one of many degenerate perversions introduced by you know who

I just assume this trip is performance art this point

>le wrong generation

>says the overrated hack

I think the bigger joke is that every generation thinks the generation after them is the worst generation ever.

no imagination because you stole their childhood innocence, woody
empty because you took away

>it's a kike pretends to be Sup Forums so we'll turn on our allies episode

Daily reminder that Woody Allen never adopted Soon-Yi, and never lived with her.
Daily reminder that Woody Allen was never her step-father.
Daily reminder that seventeen is the age of consent in New York.
Daily reminder that an official police investigation found no evidence that Woody Allen molested Dylan.
Daily reminder that false molestation accusations aren't uncommon in messy separations like this.
Daily reminder that Mia Farrow cheated on Woody too.

Right but still thats not making fun of anybody. Allen identified as Gils character. He had admiration for the character. He wasnt trying to tear him down or change him in any significant ways, he was just trying to rediscover his priorities

The film has a great love and affection for nostalgia obviously. You could argue that the french woman he runs away with at the end is Gil just facilitating his dream of meeting an old fashioned woman like he fantasized about in his 1930s flashbacks. Get what im saying? It couldve either been a figment of his immagination or a telling sign that he learned nothing and is just living out his nostalgic writer fantasy

>make a bunch of self-insert movies
>call others empty and unimaginative

Yeah okay.

>it's a kike pretending an oldfag is disinfo because he has no argument episode

>If millenials weren't watching all kinds of capeshit
Aren't we the lowest movie-going generation?

Thats the way I saw the ending. He embraces his artistic and nostalgic roots and dumps the conceited modern woman and runs off with the nice qt french girl

Basically the whole movie was Woody Allen saying that Americans have no taste anymore

Because now we only watch capeshit.Back in the day we used hundreds of different kinds of shit.Experimental and esoteric artistic movies could not only recover its money but also be hits.For example an extremely obscure and abstract movie like 2001 was a big hit.Now the millenials only watch capeshit (which make billions ) except for a handful of exceptions.

Dick Cavett used to dedicate hours of American television to interviewing Godard and Bergman. Can you imagine Refn or Von Trier being interviewed Jimmy Fallon? The times, they are a-changin'.

This. Not to mention there are constantly movies being made that are way more creative and unique than literally anything he's done in the past couple decades.

>abstract movie like 2001 was a big hit
This is absolute complete bullshit. 2001 was an infamous flop and didn't gain a cult following until years after its release. The same people that see mass produced shit saw mass produced shit back then and the people that watched arthouse movies are the same kind of people watching them now. This "this generation is stupid and doomed" is so fucking idiotic and has been said for fucking centuries. I'm sure there was some old out of touch Jewish fuck saying the same thing about Woody's movies when he started out.

Initially it was a flop .They thought pretentious middle aged people were going to like it but it was too radical for them.But after a few months of the release college students satrted watching it on acid.Word of mouth also helped it.That's how it became a hit.

They used to talk about weird,obscure foreign movies on prime time television.
>FeelsBadMan

If it was up to Woody our generation would be a little less "empty"

Old rich jews does indeed control the ganme like they did since it began,now what you should know is that "profits" and "creativity" aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

Look at the indie circle,where they (claims to) focus on "creativity" yet it's shite after shite of whiny self indulgent identity politics bullshit.

Right on

>you will never drop acid and go to a metropolitan theater to watch 2001 or Koyaanisqatsi in the 70s

The only reason 2001 was a big hit(which it wasn't) was because of "dude weed lmao" crowd of back then.

>Godard are Bergman are now considered weird and obscure
Feels bad indeed, man.

That's because everything has been done before in the past.

He just described Baby Boomers.

Capeshit is all about imagination.

>And it's not like Millenials are going out of their way to avoid that thrash.
Yes they are. The only Superhero movies that don't bomb are Marvel.

adopting and raising a child only to marry her when she comes of age is pretty creative, gotta give him that

>come up with idea that I've never seen a movie about before
>try to force it into three act structure
>its not possible
>understand why I've never seen a movie about it before

2001 ASO was the highest grossing film of 1968.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#High-grossing_films_by_year

dirty old jew man throwing stones? for shame

blue jasmine is basically all his arguments as to why he doesn't date women his age.

and they're solid arguments too.

dailymotion.com/video/x2qxjk2

>spend life being raised to be an old jewish man's sex toy
>sneak onto the computer when nobody is looking
>discover he's been tweeting his disappointment that you're not full of profound insight and original ideas

There used to be a legitimate arthouse movement in the country but it was a very bourgeoisie thing. Going to the arthouse theater was a social outing for people. And the films were very bourgeoisie in content themselves.

Now access to films has been streamlined and the new indie movement is being brought to people living rooms instead of actually going out and experiencing and talking about things. The new "arthouse" scene is waiting for the next shitty Sofia Coppola ripoff indie movie to pop up on netflix so people with dog ear avatars on twitter can post gifs and quotes

Where art films back in the day focused on life, death, war, oppression and family struggles, indie films today focus only on queers, black people or lazy confused tranny millenials

NOT AN ARGUMENT,

Memes aside .
I Hate to side with this pedo degenerate,but on this i agree with him.Imagination needs a room to grow and most importantly you have to look outside for that,which is quite hard for our generation of self indulgent adhd tardlets who fell for the "art is only abt expressing oneself" meme.

You can easily figure out where it went wrong.Pleb directors like Spielberg & Lucas ruined cinema.The difference in quality of movies before Jaws and after Jaws is as big as craters.

Is Sup Forums the dumbest, most gullible board?

Now we get to see Jimmy Faggot in a lip sync contest with "celebrities".

hes wrong a a pedo jew

fuck that humongous pretentious faggot

But mainstream films in the 50s, 60s and 70s were fucking boring. They got more fun after Jaws. They were basically all the same fucking movie over and over again. Think of old golden age hollywood and how many exact replica gangster or western films were pumped out

The true artists of these times were great, but lets not lie here. Blockbusters made mainstream films better, but obviously the bubble that was created turned out to be shitty.

70s films before Jaws with the exception of like Cronenberg, Coppola or Kubrick all had horribly bland aesthetic

But there was more diversity.There were indie films,experimental movies,artistic high budget movies,surreal movies,etc.Now studio execs have figured out when you can make a billion $ by investing 100-200 million $, why make risky,visionary,indie films.In short,everything other than blockbuster movies are going to become extinct.
>They got more fun after Jaws
No they aren't fun.Current blockbuster movies(which started in mid 70s) are predictable,boring,unchallenging,manipulative and filled with platitudes.That's why people say 'turn off your brain' when you go to see a movie which wasn't used in 50s,60s,70s.

>In short,everything other than blockbuster movies are going to become extinct.

>woody allen talking about "no imagination"
>literally writes the same characters and reuses the same plots every fucking year

>needing to ask
81 posts
58 posters

Watch it hit bump limit. We literally attract the most autistic and clinically retarded people around

>we
go back Sup Forums, just go back home

Also, today's "capeshit" is far more nuanced and thoughtful than alot of 80s Hollywood blockbusters, most of which really were dumb movies.

Marvel's greatest strength is their casting and the fact they care about the characters (more than the comics division in fact).

LOL

>my generation raised your generation, built the world your generation lives in, influenced you and gave you our ideals
>But nah it's your fault :)
Is this what we should expect from old fuckers who lived through the Hippie era and free love shit? A complete lack of responsibility regarding anything of the modern day?

Stop being stupid

so are you but what am i?

I disagree Woody, I think the generation you are part of and from your point of view is "this generation" had quite a lot of imagination

Oh yes, woody allen, the guy who made the same movie about some awkward dork with a hot girlfriend 56 times.

>NOT EVERY GENERATION CAN MAKE WISH-FULFILLMENT MOVIES WHERE THE MOST NEBBISH KIKE ALIVE GETS TO MAKE WISECRACKS AND FUCK BEAUTIFUL WOMEN
>NO IMAGINATION

He's right. Did you fags even watch his new movie? It's great, easily the best movie of the year. Look at all the remakes and reboots coming out, look at twitter and tumblr, and tell him he's wrong again.

Those types of films still exist and there is still niche appeal to them. And idk why you are assuming psychedelic films were big commercial successes back when they came out. Fringe film artists were just as broke back then as they are now id guess

Pretty much the only psych director that had commercial success in the 70s was Jodorowski

I wish I could fuck my qt azn daughter :c

That's rich, coming from a guy who married his own daughter.

It WAS all about imagination, now it's about recycling that imagination for film without any of the creative joy that came into its creation (not entirely, there are rare-spots where you can see it come out like the first Iron Man).

STOP BEING STUPID

This thread is making me want to kill myself desu

They aren't all empty. At least one of them has Woody Allen's cock up her ass.